Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Have you watched basketball in the last 3 years:dwillhuh:

There have been a LOT of bullshyt foul calls on jump shots the last three years, especially when Harden or Steph were involved. This whole "calling fouls on incidental contact on jump shots" thing is unprecedented, and it doesn't fit the rule book.

I just pulled receipts. It's a bad call. The fact that other bad calls are made doesn't somehow make it the right call. That's like saying that people should get calls whenever they flop cause you seen a lot of people get calls when they flop. :mjlol:

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Please, some of ya'all gotten major weak with this whole "Can't be within three feet of a jump shooter!" shyt while people out there slamming into people near the basket all the time.

The ball was gone. Long gone. That shyt could not have possibly affected the shot. It's not physically possible. So what's the point of calling a foul in that situation?
So a bad follow through can't effect your shot:gucci:

Also I believe the rules even state the ball is apart of the hand.

killacal

Banned
Daps
There have been a LOT of bullshyt foul calls on jump shots the last three years, especially when Harden or Steph were involved. This whole "calling fouls on incidental contact on jump shots" thing is unprecedented, and it doesn't fit the rule book.

I just pulled receipts. It's a bad call. The fact that other bad calls are made doesn't somehow make it the right call. That's like saying that people should get calls whenever they flop cause you seen a lot of people get calls when they flop. :mjlol:
:gucci:
You can't touch a player on offense anymore or hinder their progress on either a drive or a jumper

Rules are rules

Just admit you were thirsty for a win so the lakers don't end up with 10 wins on the season:mjlol:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
:gucci:
You can't touch a player on offense anymore or hinder their progress on either a drive or a jumper

Rules are rules

Just admit you were thirsty for a win so the lakers don't end up with 10 wins on the season
Yep, rules are rules, and the rulebook says explicitly:

After the shooter releases the ball: Contact with the shooter’s hand (a “high five”) during the shooter’s followthru is legal, provided that the contact is incidental and not, for example, hostile or overly physical.

https://turnernbahangtime.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/point-of-contact.pdf

And I'm not a Laker fan, I don't give a shyt if the lakers only get 10 wins this season, this team ain't have a chance of winning anything meaningful right now. :mjlol:

So a bad follow through can't effect your shot:gucci:

Also I believe the rules even state the ball is apart of the hand.
No, getting hit on the follow through can NOT effect your shot unless you sense it coming, The ball is gone. This is basic physics.

The only reason coaches tell you to follow-through in sports is because they're afraid that if you drop form early, then it might cause you to accidentally falter in form before the ball is released/struck. It's a mental thing. But hitting someone after the ball is released can NOT physically affect the shot unless you know you're gonna get hit before you release.

And the ball is a part of the hand so long as its in contact with the ball. But high-five contact after the release of the ball ain't no foul either.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Actually, just found the answer from the head of officials Donnie Varden:

Q: "My friend and I have been debating this since we play together a lot. Is it a foul if a defender touches the hand of someone in the act of shooting and before the release? -- submitted by Hien N."

A: "COMMENTS ON THE RULES -- A - 1 states, "The hand is considered 'part of the ball' when it is in contact with the ball. Therefore, contact on that hand by a defender while it is in contact with the ball is not illegal." Contact with the shooter's hand (a "high five") during the shooter's follow-through is also legal, provided that the contact is incidental and not, for example, hostile or overly physical. You can take a look at this located in the Misunderstood Rules section of our website."

Ask Donnie: Q&A with NBA Director of Officials Don Vaden

Checkmate.

THIS ONLY APPLIES IF THE HIGH FIVE/CONTACT
HAPPENS AFTER THE SHOOTER HAS LANDED.

IF THE SHOOTER IS STILL AIRBORNE
WHEN CONTACT HAPPENS
ITS A FOUL.

THE PROCESS OF THE SHOT
DOESNT END UNTIL THE SHOOTER LANDS.
:devil:
:evil:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
THIS ONLY APPLIES IF THE HIGH FIVE/CONTACT
HAPPENS AFTER THE SHOOTER HAS LANDED.

IF THE SHOOTER IS STILL AIRBORNE
WHEN CONTACT HAPPENS
ITS A FOUL.

THE PROCESS OF THE SHOT
DOESNT END UNTIL THE SHOOTER LANDS.

Receipts? I've never seen that in the rulebook anywhere. It doesn't matter what's happening with the "process of the shot" if the contact is clean on the hand.

CHICAGO

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Receipts? I've never seen that in the rulebook anywhere. It doesn't matter what's happening with the "process of the shot" if the contact is clean on the hand.

NAH ITS IN THE SAME VEIN AS NOT GIVING A SHOOTER SPACE TO LAND
EVEN THOUGH THE BALL IS LONG GONE.

NO CONTACT CAN BE MADE UNTIL THE SHOOTER
LANDS SAFELY.

YOUVE SEEN THE HAND CONTACT
REFFED LIKE THIS A MILLION TIMES
BUT YOURE SAYING THOSE WERE BAD CALLS
EVEN THOUGH THEYRE CLEARLY THE NORM.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
NAH ITS IN THE SAME VEIN AS NOT GIVING A SHOOTER SPACE TO LAND
EVEN THOUGH THE BALL IS LONG GONE.

NO CONTACT CAN BE MADE UNTIL THE SHOOTER
LANDS SAFELY.

YOUVE SEEN THE HAND CONTACT
REFFED LIKE THIS A MILLION TIMES
BUT YOURE SAYING THOSE WERE BAD CALLS
EVEN THOUGH THEYRE CLEARLY THE NORM.

Make up rules that aren't in the rulebook brehs.

And damn near EVERY shot close to the rim has contact before the shooter hits the ground. Again, privileging jump shooters like that is just dumb.

And no, pointing out there were other bad calls doesn't mean you should make an extreme example of that bad call when the game on the line. That's like begging to get a call on a flop just because Harden is constantly flopping the last three years.:mjlol:

CHICAGO

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

THE RULEBOOK SAYS YOUR ARM IS SUPPOSED TO VERTICAL
WHEN DEFENDING A SHOT
AND ANY CONTACT MADE WHEN YOUR ARM
IS EXTENDED IS A FOUL.

YOU CANT REACH IN A SHOOTERS PERSONAL
SPACE AND MAKE CONTACT
THATS WHY PPL DONT GO FOR BLOCKS
ON MOST JUMPSHOTS.

CHICAGO

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

And damn near EVERY shot close to the rim has contact before the shooter hits the ground. Again, privileging jump shooters like that is just dumb.

And no, pointing out there were other bad calls doesn't mean you should make an extreme example of that bad call when the game on the line. That's like begging to get a call on a flop just because Harden is constantly flopping the last three years.:mjlol:

THE NBA HAS PUBLICLY STATED
MANY TIMES
THEY PUT MORE & MORE EMPHASIS ON PROTECTING JUMP SHOOTERS.

YOURE COMPLETELY IGNORING REALITY
TO FIT AN AGENDA.

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Please, some of ya'all gotten major weak with this whole "Can't be within three feet of a jump shooter!" shyt while people out there slamming into people near the basket all the time.

The ball was gone. Long gone. That shyt could not have possibly affected the shot. It's not physically possible. So what's the point of calling a foul in that situation?
I agree that those types of fouls are pretty weak but if the tables are turned and that's Towns flying out and hitting Kuzma on a game winning attempt, that whistle is blowing 100 out of 100 times.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I agree that those types of fouls are pretty weak but if the tables are turned and that's Towns flying out and hitting Kuzma on a game winning attempt, that whistle is blowing 100 out of 100 times.

Nah. There can be some pretty big pro-Laker bias in big spots, but that would be a really, really weak call to make on a game-winner. I don't think anyone getting that call more than 10 out of 100 times, and I can't even think of what the 10 times would be.

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Nah. There can be some pretty big pro-Laker bias in big spots, but that would be a really, really weak call to make on a game-winner. I don't think anyone getting that call more than 10 out of 100 times, and I can't even think of what the 10 times would be.

I just can't really remember any times that a laker didn't get a close call at the end of a game :manny: