Lebron has now been the main act in 2 of the biggest embarrassments in NBA history

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
Its unprecedented a sports figure has this much control over the media that covers him and his sport. Kobe, Jordan, Magic , Bird never enjoyed this sort of priviledge. shyt is literally like brainwashing and indoctrination.

Pure propaganda but its done a lot of good for his career and his historical standing in the eyes of the casual fan so you have to give Klutch a lot of credit.

Constantly represented as the victim when things go bad and as the sole reason for success when things go good. Its unbelievable. It really is
Bullshyt

MJ had the Nike and Gatorade and David Stern hype machine

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
I'm interested to see what kind of influence he'll be able to wield in the league once he retires. I have no doubt he'll keep the puters putin.

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
One of the main reasons I find the LeBron vs Jordan debate a joke

Lebron has never succeeded as great as Jordan

Jordan has never failed as miserably as lebron.
3-1 comeback against a 73-9 team > any single series Jordan has won.

If averaging 30 PPG in year 19 on a trash injury-plagued team is an embarrassing failure than Jordan has his share.

bigde09

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This place is gonna be sad.

I personally believe he STILL will have more threads about him than active players.

3 players ( Bron, Kobe, and Jordan) will have the majority of threads in the seum and none will be active :snoop:

seum gonna be :flabbynsick:
It will be like The Booth with the Pac vs Big and Nas vs Jay threads.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LA
It's kind of funny how much more "elegant" KD is aging and public opinion favoring him than LeBron.

KD literally becoming "dude who just wants to hoop".

Additionally, I think once LeBron retires the sport has far more than enough talent to carry itself: the 2021 draft, Wembanyama, Scoot, Sharpe in the 2023 draft, etc.

I mean, they literally got mock drafts for 2025 posted up:
2025 NBA Mock Draft - NBA Draft Room

Not to mention, the game has got more worldwide and is a reason why the NBA subreddit routinely makes front page news on that site.

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
3-1 comeback against a 73-9 team > any single series Jordan has won.

If averaging 30 PPG in year 19 on a trash injury-plagued team is an embarrassing failure than Jordan has his share.
Lebron had a co star who averaged 27 ppg ,shot 40% from 3, scored 40 in a finals game & hit the game winner in game 7 over the unanimous mvp. Must be nice to get all the credit despite a teammate doing just as much as you

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
Let one man ruin a sport for you brehs... for decades:picard:
I mean let's be real, NBA sports media is dominated by Lebron stans.

Undisputed had about 4 topics today about just Lebron, same with first things first. The stannery IS UNAVOIDABLE if ur someone who likes sports talk.....and its been this way for YEARS NOW.

No other player in NBA history has had a media defense team like Lebron has, im talking 5 days a week he has at least 3 talking heads in NBA media defending his every action.

Im glad that folks like Kendrick Perkins and Wilbon are starting to call it out, these sorry ass Lakers do not deserve the media attention they are getting when u have teams like PHX and Memphis doing what they've done this year.

I'll be glad when Lebron retires so the NBA media can be reset to factory settings. Too much young talent in the league right now to be focused on this has been

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
LeBron justified the hype too.

in the late 00s the media said he was better than MJ and it’s been juelzing ever since. He justified his overall hype from being a teenager but the entire media PR push he’s engaged in for the last 10+ years isn’t justified which is why there’s always pushback against him. Even the young boys in the league get a kick out of disrespecting him to his face.