Lebron or Jokic: Who’s the better passer?

Who’s the better passer

• Kang

Votes: 86 70.5%
  • Joker

Votes: 36 29.5%

• Total voters

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Jokic got vision that’s incomparable at a center, Bron got vision that’s damn near incomparable to anyone. Dude in the top tier of facilitators period

tjis is really similar to the Ben-Bron debate, in that Ben is an amazing floor general for his height but he doesn’t possess some of those supernatural abilities that a tier 1 PG does

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Bron is the better passer but Jokic is a beast too with the assists and is already the greatest passing big man in NBA history. He could legit lead the league in assists i believe if he really wanted to and let Murray and Porter do the heavy lifting next season.

Daps
That's fair if you've been following him.

But compare a passing center to Bron, who plays like a point guard? Foolish.
Why is it foolish though? Jokic is basically a 7ft PG. He's not your typical center, who just makes the odd pass whenever gets the ball. He literally runs the offense, which has never been done before in the history of the game. You've had the likes of Walton, Sabonis, Pau etc throughout history who have had actions run through them, but they've always had a lead guard/ball-handler who runs the offense. Since we're now in this positionless era, and nobody has traditional roles anymore, it's birthed someone like Jokic who's by conventional wisdom a center, but plays like a PG. This is why I hope we end up abandoning positions and the praxis of them because they're no longer relevant to how the game is played.

And the funny thing is, Jokic is basically LeBron in the passing/playmaking/BBIQ respect. A fat, taller, Euro version.

This should give you an indication of just how involved he is on offense -

Captudddre.jpg

I.AM.PIFF

You're minor, we're major
Supporter
Daps
Speak for yourself.

Some of us have been discussing Jokic's passing for years now. Y'all Casuals are only starting to catch up.

People were talking about Jokic's passing game since his 1st or 2nd season in the L.

I still got Bron as far as running an offense go.

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps
You're mistaking Jokic driving his team's offense more for running a better offense. More =/= better. Jokic needs to prove it over a longer period of time, and he needs to prove it against more defenses. He's only 25. Bron wasn't who he is now at 25 either. He has 10 more years of experience, adapting to different eras, and breaking down more defenses. Nobody in the history of the game can run an offense like Bron.

But passing, as a standalone, Jokic has him beat. I don't expect folks to pick him because they only started paying attention to the Nuggets this postseason, but I've seen half a decade's worth of play of his to say he's better.

I posted this in another thread:

"Denver's eFG% with Jokic on the floor - 57%
Denver's eFG% without Jokic on the floor - 44% (which would dead-last out of all playoff teams)
Denver has the lowest contest-shot rate directly off Jokic's passes (open shots he generates) - 12% lower Doncic, and 17% lower than LeBron
Denver has the highest FG% in the paint with Jokic on the floor.

His passing literally creates more open looks than anyone else in the entire league."

:ehh: