Lebron or Jokic: Who’s the better passer?

Who’s the better passer

• Kang

Votes: 86 70.5%
  • Joker

Votes: 36 29.5%

• Total voters

Offthegrid

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What a weird thread. :what:

This is like asking, "Who is the better shooter, Jokic or KD?"

Jokic is a great passer for a center, arguably the best ever (only Sabonis compares). But LeBron is one of the best passers ever at any position. Jokic's talent, consistency, and volume don't even begin to touch Bron's. Bron can easily make every pass that Jokic ever has, while there are dozens of passes that Bron has thrown which Jokic could never match.

Exactly.

Where do you get that at all?

GM's consistently say that LeBron has the best IQ in the game and sees openings before they happen. Players consistently rave about how LeBron always gets them the ball exactly where they want it. This year the Lakers shot 39% from three off of passes from Bron and just 32% the rest of the time. LeBron guided brilliant offensive play on four different squads while the Nuggets look great at times (like in the 2nd halves of the last three games) but are inconsistent as hell and often go through long ugly droughts where they can't get shyt going at all.

LeBron's worst assist season ever is better than Jokic's career average. Jokic averaged 7.3apg in his career best year, LeBron has surpassed that 6 of the last 8 years and was damn near 50% higher this year.

I just don't get what objective measure would make Jokic's passes "more effective" than Bron's.
Iswear first melo comparison now this one :stopitslime::lolbron::troll: but Bron n Shaun Livingston are the the greatest passers I've ever saw in person over 6'7 these nikkas got magic Johnson type vision. I mind u I saw LeBron throw no look passes from 84ft in AAU game his senior yr in 02 nikka was throwing no look bullets :mjcry::feedme: I saw sdot do sum shyt at a team camp event at Loyola University this nikka cane down the lane n wrapped the ball around the defender's head no look for a layup fuk my head up ik this nikka was goin first round 6'8 pg skinny af:dwillhuh::mjtf::gladbron:

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As in literal terms, LeBron is. But jokic is more diverse with his passing. I'm sure the vast majority of bron's assist are kickouts to shooters and dumps too bigs. It seems jokic has more of a variety of passes and can create passes out of more varied circumstances.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
As in literal terms, LeBron is. But jokic is more diverse with his passing. I'm sure the vast majority of bron's assist are kickouts to shooters and dumps too bigs. It seems jokic has more of a variety of passes and can create passes out of more varied circumstances.
You just posted gibberish.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Act like LeBron didn't spend 4 years throwing brilliant passes to Wade that don't fit either of those categories. :camby:

LeBron's highest volume are passes to the rim and passes to open shooters because those are the best passes to make. Easy dunks and open threes are the best shots in the game, of course the highest IQ player in the NBA is mostly going to pass to guys in the most effective locations. It shows Bron's brilliance that he's constantly able to find guys in those high-% situations, whereas a lot of times Jokic has to dump the ball to Murray and hope he does something with it.

But besides finding open shooters and alley-oops to bigs, LeBron is incredible at catching cutting guards in-stride, at finding guys as they're coming backdoor on the baseline, at threading passes through traffic in the key, at drawing a double-team and dropping the ball to the open man before the switch can come, and at running the pick-and-roll. He throws incredible full-court passes. And he's one of the greatest fast-break QB's ever.

Just watch the video in the OP. Most of the passes there don't fit either of your categories at all:

Jokic certainly is a varied passer, but he makes most of his passes while just standing in place in the high post or at the top of the key, so claiming that he utilizes more diverse situations than Bron is off-base. Bron is passing from the top, off the pick-and-roll, off the drive, out of the post, and on the fast break. I mean come on now, just the fact that Jokic makes virtually 100% of his passes from the ground while LBJ is a maestro at finding guys while he's in the air already gives LeBron twice the variety off the jump.

Last edited:

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Act like LeBron didn't spend 4 years throwing brilliant passes to Wade that don't fit either of those categories. :camby:

LeBron's highest volume are passes at the rim and passes to open shooters because those are the best passes to make. Of course the highest IQ player in the NBA is mostly going to pass to guys in the most effective locations. It shows Bron's brilliance that he's constantly able to find guys in those high-% situations, whereas a lot of times Jokic has to dump the ball to Murray and hope he does something with it.

But besides finding open shooters and alley-oops to bigs, LeBron is incredible at catching cutters in-stride, at finding guys as they're coming backdoor on the baseline, at threading passes through traffic in the key, at drawing a double-team and dropping the ball to the open man before the switch can come, and at running the pick-and-roll. He throws incredible full-court passes. And he's one of the greatest fast-break QB's ever.

Just watch the video in the OP. Most of the passes there don't fit either of your categories at all:

I mean that doesnt change the FACT that jokic is a more versatile passer cause he does it on a consistent basis. Everybody knows what bron ball is, its driving and kicking. Of course he has other tricks up his sleeve. That's not the point, it's just that jokic goes into his bag more consistently. I mean I'm not even sure how this is debatable.

NYC Rebel

Daps
I mean that doesnt change the FACT that jokic is a more versatile passer cause he does it on a consistent basis. Everybody knows what bron ball is, its driving and kicking. Of course he has other tricks up his sleeve. That's not the point, it's just that jokic goes into his bag more consistently. I mean I'm not even sure how this is debatable.
So you limit Bron to drive and kick to pulpit Jokic and your versatility gibberish ::russ:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Its debatable because "But Bron Ball!" is one of the dumbest hater talking points that has been exposed for years. :mjlol:

LeBron leads the NBA in assists yet the Lakers are 23rd in the NBA in 3pt attempts. Only ONE player on the Lakers (Danny Green) shoots more threes than twos. So how the fukk is LeBron just driving and kicking out to shooters all game? :francis:

He's played plenty of seasons in both Cleveland and Miami where he had even worse shooters than this year, where he had to do all sorts of other things to get guys buckets. His offensive system with Spolstra in Miami wasn't like that at all. And you must have turned off the TV all year this year to not see all the shyt he does with AD that doesn't fit your stereotype.

The dude is known for drive-and-kicks. What's jokic known for?

He's known for quarterbacking the offense from a standing position. You really don't know that? :gucci:

Daps
He faked his flat footed jump shot lol Bron easily got better passes than that.
Better is relative right here.

I posted that clip to emphasize the touch he has on the ball; the softness and manipulation he has on it. For all the great passes Bron does, they're typical of one speed, whereas Jokic's are not. You don't have to look too far to see the differences in their shots, where the touch Jokic has on the ball is on another level, whether it's the touch he has on his shots inside the paint, or outside shooting. There are a different pace and touch compared to Bron's. Jokic knows how to manipulate the ball more to where he wants it to go.

And what I already touched on earlier in the thread about him being taller/bigger than Bron. He can simply pass from greater angles as well.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
I'll be honest. Ive never seen a passer like Jokic(didn't watch Magic).

People saying Bron "throws people open" is bullshyt to me. He consistently makes the right play.

While Jokic is a maestro.

NYC Rebel

Daps

People saying Bron "throws people open" is bullshyt to me. He consistently makes the right play.

So is it about rebuffing people saying "he throws people open" being bullshyt?

What makes Jokic a better passer and why is it based on you not liking Bron?

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bird & LeBron are a toss up for best passing forward of all time

Jokic might already have a claim to top 3 passing big ever

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Jokic does some of the things that Magic did, but more of his passes remind me of Sabonis. Just no one was smart enough to give Sabonis the keys like they should have or we would have seen a lot more of that shyt.

Actually Larry Bird is probably a better comp to Jokic than Magic is.