Lethal weapon tv show...are we too old for this shyt?

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
It’s been done before. Most of that stuff was done way before our time tho but there’s always aunt viv and Harriet to point to. Sometimes recasting works sometimes it doesn’t. But the reason when it works, like recasting Alice in the honeymooners or even Claire on my wife and kids, it’s because the chemistry is there. They’ve already said in the trades if they can’t recast him then the show won’t be renewed. I think they realized the shoe is murtaugh and Riggs not murtaugh and someone else. That’s the hook for anything lethal weapon

Never seen the 2 shows you mentioned, so cannot comment.

Obviously the pull is Roger and Riggs, but I'm just thinking of alternative ways to keep it running. I've been trying to think who would be a good fit to play Riggs and who is realistically free, but I'm coming up blank atm.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
The thing with Harriet and Aunt Viv is that they weren't the main focal points of their respective shows so it didn't have the same effect. Imagine if Will or Carlton or Steve or Carl were recast halfway thru. It could happen but won't be the same. Also I didn't know Claire got recast. Well actually now that I think about it, I do remember the black girl before the light skin one came on. Watched in syndication so not sure if that was after a few episodes or one season.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Never seen the 2 shows you mentioned, so cannot comment.

Obviously the pull is Roger and Riggs, but I'm just thinking of alternative ways to keep it running. I've been trying to think who would be a good fit to play Riggs and who is realistically free, but I'm coming up blank atm.

Timeout. You never seen family matters or fresh prince??

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The thing with Harriet and Aunt Viv is that they weren't the main focal points of their respective shows so it didn't have the same effect. Imagine if Will or Carlton or Steve or Carl were recast halfway thru. It could happen but won't be the same. Also I didn't know Claire got recast. Well actually now that I think about it, I do remember the black girl before the light skin one came on. Watched in syndication so not sure if that was after a few episodes or one season.

It was one season and then they recast her.

I’m not saying the shyt is easy I’m saying it’s been done and it isn’t new for tv shows or even movies. Rhodey was recast. Hulk was recast. Batman was recasted twice after Keaton. Bond has been recasted for decades. It can be done but it’s all about doing it right. Luckily I don’t have to make those decisions

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Timeout. You never seen family matters or fresh prince??

Fresh Prince yeah. Shows like Fresh Prince, Cosby Show, Different World, Boy Meet World were on free TV in the UK

To the best of my knowledge, Family Matters never made UK TV, there was a UK version but didnt watch that either. My Wife and Kids never watched it, but by that time it was on, I had lost interest in watching sitcoms.

Honeymooners is that some I Love Lucy, Bewitched type show?

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Fresh Prince yeah. Shows like Fresh Prince, Cosby Show, Different World, Boy Meet World were on free TV in the UK

To the best of my knowledge, Family Matters never made UK TV, there was a UK version but didnt watch that either. My Wife and Kids never watched it, but by that time it was on, I had lost interest in watching sitcoms.

Honeymooners is that some I Love Lucy, Bewitched type show?

Honeymooners is basically the real life flintstones. Fred and Wilma copied them so if you’ve seen the flintstones you’ve seen the honeymooners

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Honeymooners is basically the real life flintstones. Fred and Wilma copied them so if you’ve seen the flintstones you’ve seen the honeymooners

Oh ok. Probably saw an episode back in the 80's as a child. As we use to get re-runs back in the 80's and 90's of Phil Silvers, I Love Lucy, I Dream A Jeannie, Batman, Bewitched etc

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
The problem with recasting or bringing in someone new is that it's so late in the game. Only people available right now are people with no projects going on or from failed pilots, those prospects aren't so good now.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
well damn after last night ep idk what kind of transition they're going with if they have another season. With murtaugh becoming captain and with wat happened to riggs it almost seems like they were gonna move on from them completely or something.

Niqqa You Gay

You fakkit coli nikkas disgust me
Daps
Reppin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VClxVXrXUH8
well damn after last night ep idk what kind of transition they're going with if they have another season. With murtaugh becoming captain and with wat happened to riggs it almost seems like they were gonna move on from them completely or something.
Show gonna center around Bailey and the doof cac

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It's a work you marks. Workplace trouble is exactly who Riggs is :skip:

I can't believe this :mjcry:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps