Lifehack: Listen to audiobooks while gaming

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I primarily listen to audiobooks in the car. I couldn't imagine listening to them while gaming. If you are doing it just for background noise, sure, but if you are doing it to actually comprehend the audio, I can't see it. Podcasts make more sense to me though. I may give that a try.

When I use to play WoW and I would go out to farm mats, since I was an engineer, I would primarily listen to 808's and Heartbreaks. I didn't care for that album until I started listening to it while playing WoW. Not it's one of my favorites.

Wiles

Superstar
Daps
Better idea.

Listen to pdf files with @voice while gaming.

App will read pdf files to you on your phone.

I usually have on headphone in my ear with my headphones on so I can hear information while I Rekt
:ohhh:

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
i listen to music, podcasts or interviews while playing multiplayer but an audio book might be too distracting, especially if it's one i'm really interested in. i'm one of those readers that get tunnel vision and focused on a book if i'm really into it.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Never had a comprehension problem with audiobooks. I also pause the game and take notes while listening

This was gonna be my response, I usually do a lot of rewinding and taking little notes on audiobooks. I do the same with hard copies of books too, notes in the margins like crazy. I swear by that ish.

Huellz Santana

Shocking
Daps
Reppin
Da city where the skinny nikkas die
I like gaming but I also want to keep reading books. Reading and gaming simultaneously clearly doesn't work. But listening to an audiobook while gaming works for certain games.

For me it works for games like:
Rocket League
Broforce
Super Meat Boy
Hotline Miami
So now you can keep up with your book smart while gaming :ehh:

Someone else doing this?

yup but it only works with games that don't require a lot of extra thinking or reading, so you can pretty much play on autopilot

Terraria was the GOAT game for this. i used to have articles to read for my masters and would just have my mac read them to me while playing the game. I had a pretty good retention rate too.​