Lion vs Silverback Gorilla: who would win?

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
The very source that you got this from states that a leopard would only ever ambush or surprise attack weaker gorillas.
It also state that they can't prove if the leopard actually killed the gorilla. This is a head up fade.

And on further research, a leopard fighting a gorilla is not normal at all and gorillas being killed by them is pretty rare.

Cats are smart enough not to fukk with something thats strong enough to permanently damage them.

like i said, Leopards have the ability to kill silverbacks that is irrefutable no matter how common it is. a lion that weights the same size as a gorilla should dominate.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
like i said, Leopards have the ability to kill silverbacks that is irrefutable no matter how common it is. a lion that weights the same size as a gorilla should dominate.
Your logic is very flawed, yes wild cats have the ability to kill a silverback, and the occasional leopard will try one.

But a silverback also has the ability to kill a wildcat too. They just don't because they don't hunt animals.

I'm sure if gorillas one day decided to become predators of leopards, my money is on the gorilla winning majority of the time. If gorillas attacked leopards as prey then it wouldn't even be a question.

Just because one animal may occasionally try the other and the other will NEVER attack the other doesn't mean the non aggressive one would just be food when it's on of the strongest animals alive

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I don't think the lion claws are doing anything meaningful to a gorilla. The lion is only getting a kill with its teeth.

But the gorilla's arms are far longer and stronger than the lion's legs. And more versatile. How is the lion going to get in close enough for the kill? And what's the kill target - the head/neck? That's a tough target that is both small and right next to those damn arms. The lion's body shape makes it much more vulnerable than the gorilla is - not only is its head/neck more prominent and right in the front, but the gorilla can probably snap its legs and maybe even its back too..

Sure, the lion can pounce, and it practices its predatory instinct more. But the gorilla is much more intelligent, and I think that offsets the lion's agility.

In the end, the gorilla's superior arm strength and reach are the difference maker. He won't go on an aggressive attack, but the lion will give up and go away because it can't get close enough without risking it's neck getting broken.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
They're just gorillas.

Silverbacks are just adult gorillas. They're not some special species of apes or something.

And besides, the lion wins.
Not you my breh :snoop:

Gorilla will win most of the time (maybe like 7-10)

Intelligence + strength go a long way... Especially with a Silverback that's basically the alpha male gorillas

LEEeveryday

The-Coli Music Critic
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#LyricsMatter
A gorilla doubles a Lions bite force...plus it's just stronger...

However...That lion is not weak at all...and is agile, aggressive, active as hell... I can't see a scenario where the lion doesn't find it's jaws around the gorillas throat....That's just what they do...

I bet they have videos of it on the deep internet....

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
A gorilla doubles a Lions bite force...plus it's just stronger...

However...That lion is not weak at all...and is agile, aggressive, active as hell... I can't see a scenario where the lion doesn't find it's jaws around the gorillas throat....That's just what they do...

I bet they have videos of it on the deep internet....
The gorilla's throat is TOO BIG, TOO FURRY, and TOO MUSCULAR.
A lion's "cat" bone structure, on the other hand...like matchsticks wrapped in muscle and attached to bear trap jaws. It would get its body broken.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Let's leave it like this..

If a lion and a gorilla see each other in the jungle they're just gonna walk by each other like :wtb:... Neither one would pull the trigger unless they had to because it's a lose-lose situation.

Either one could take the other out. It would be like Tyson vs. Holyfield of the animal kingdom

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
Gorilla will smack, choke, punch and Lion is dead

Close combat is dangerous vs gorilla Lion better be a tactitian, Gorillas are smarter though

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Gorilla vs. bear would be a better scenario.

Bears got the same advantages of a lion but not the agility, but still got the weight and similar strength as a gorilla

People underestimate the strength of a gorilla. They swing, hang, and throw their weight around like it ain't shyt.

Lion vs gorilla is like a gymnast (gorilla) vs a track star (lion). It's must see tv for sure

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
I'm tired of yall nikkas saying this shyt. No they can't just up and kill a gorilla. They are VERY picky on which gorillas they attack and even then, that's a very rare occurrence.

You a gorilla or something? Jungle gorillas get fukked by big cats. Im not fukking with you, read up on that shyt. Leopards dont give a fukk about a goriila.