Lisa Bonet’s Daughter Explains Why She Couldn’t Connect With Being Black

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
I respect her honesty, but here’s what this doctor is ordering: A Netflix rental of the entire Roots series, with a heavy dose of Curtis Mayfield, Marvin Gaye and Gill Scott-Heron albums on the side.

:snoop:

That's what being black, in America, is to too many people. Entertainment.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Neither could her parents, which is why I could not understand the praise they received from black audiences. They relate blackness to stereotypes. They do not categorize themselves as black, yet take black roles and fill black spaces.
That’s what I dislike about those type of people. Don’t associate or fukk with “black” but have no issues taking “black” roles to get a check.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I was going to give her the same pass you are after I read the article. Then I thought about her parents body of work being atypical of the media pushed version of black culture. So she should have been very aware that black culture doesn't fit into the small box of what the media says it is. She had no excuse. :camby:
All that says is her parents failed her, that's a valid enough excuse

The average kid isnt interested in history naturally :camby: majority of this social shyt has to be taught or directly experienced and she got neither as a kid so what you expect? We dont come out the womb "woke"

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Look at her parents. One makes music aimed at cacs and dresses like a cac. The other one lost her job getting smutted out by a cac in a bed covered in blood. She is one of those weird black people that treats being black as a chore.
:mjlol: just stop man, angelheart was a great movie.

Go away white boy we talking nikka business right now[/QUOTE]

Ban bet?

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

The average kid isnt interested in history naturally :camby: majority of this social shyt has to be taught or directly experienced and she got neither as a kid so what you expect? We dont come out the womb "woke"

The girl carries the name of a Jewish family due to a relationship and not tramatic events lol she is more likely to be taugjt anout being white. Shes only “black” because whites dont want her and actual black people dont think much of themselves.

Daps
Reppin
704. Formerly 212 and 843.
100% agree. We get mad at stereotypes, but have no problem perpetuating them. :snoop: . We're more than that and that shyt is frustrating at times.

At least she smartened up. That's all you can ask for. And yeah, this is definitely more on Lisa and Lenny for not teaching and breaking down shyt for her.

Her parents couldn't teach or break it down for her when it wasn't broken down for them. Both of them are biracials who were grew up in the Hollywood circles. We have seen children who have full black parents that grew up in that circle and they are just unaware as Zoe is.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
That movie "dope" was CORRRRRNYYYYYYYYYYY
Yeah I saw it in theathers, shyt seemed very "suburban influenced" if you know what I mean:francis:
Coli told me all it took was one drop
Arent both Lenny and Lisa biracial? If so they aint black themselves so I see why.

Arent you a fukkin African, no one needs your input of telling anyone of the diaspora who is black,:mjlol:

and lets not act like African people dont come here and think all black(AA) culture is, is just Tyler Perry and Hip-hop to.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
The main "mixed people ain't black" crowd are immigrants, btw.
Their opinions are irrelevant and they should worry about fixing, OH THAT'S RIGHT, YOUR COUNTRY IS A WRAP SO YOU IN THE VIDEO WITH US NOW. BE AN EXTRA, YOU NOT DIRECTING shyt, SIT DOWN. We been here for a good 3 to 5 hunna, do we tell y'all how to make fufu?
No.
Do we tell y'all how to do anything?
No.
Worry about your own mono identity, ours is a bit more complicated.
exactly got fukkin nikkas that are not even half AA speaking on our shyt and who we are composed of:mjlol:

To many of these immigrants/Non-AAs need to just shut up and stop talking of "rules" and who "aint black" in our community.

Yall mfs dont run shyt so hush.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Yeah I saw it in theathers, shyt seemed very "suburban influenced" if you know what I mean:francis:

Arent you a fukkin African, no one needs your input of telling anyone of the diaspora who is black,:mjlol:

and lets not act like African people dont come here and think all black(AA) culture is, is just Tyler Perry and Hip-hop to.
:mjlol:

Mofo thinks being African is an offensive term.

Black is a Race I can careless if you want to bask in ignorance in an echo chamber :mjlol:

I can careless less what people who come and go do :mjlol: mofo talking like Africa is a city and Im the mayor. :russ: Da hell I care about what a random immigrant does? But let me make you responsible for what a random Afro Mexican does :mjlol:

:hhh:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
exactly got fukkin nikkas that are not even half AA speaking on our shyt and who we are composed of:mjlol:

To many of these immigrants/Non-AAs need to just shut up and stop talking of "rules" and who "aint black" in our community.

Yall mfs dont run shyt so hush.

Black race existed before the concept of America
:russ:

Mofos dont even know the difference between race, ethnicity, and nationality :russ:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
:mjlol:

Mofo thinks being African is an offensive term.

Black is a Race I can careless if you want to bask in ignorance in an echo chamber :mjlol:

I can careless less what people who come and go do :mjlol: mofo talking like Africa is a city and Im the mayor. :russ: Da hell I care about what a random immigrant does? But let me make you responsible for what a random Afro Mexican does :mjlol:

:hhh:
Being an "African" is to just signify your not AA, and your out of place.

@underline, not the point, the point is someone mixed like Zoe who is confused and ignorant about black culture is not alone. Alot of your kind non AA Africans have the same view. Her prior views and mindset is not exclusive to mixed people nor is it an indictment on them. If so then that should be applied to Africans to.
Black race existed before the concept of America
:russ:

Mofos dont even know the difference between race, ethnicity, and nationality :russ:
Ok... and? its a race yes, but a race with many groups with their own rules, traditions, culture, etc.

Your group is whatever African tribe you descend from. Your not AA, so your out of line and should stay on the topics regarding your own.