Lisa Bonet’s Daughter Explains Why She Couldn’t Connect With Being Black

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Being an "African" is to just signify your not AA, and your out of place.

@underline, not the point, the point is someone mixed like Zoe who is confused and ignorant about black culture is not alone. Alot of your kind non AA Africans have the same view. Her prior views and mindset is not exclusive to mixed people nor is it an indictment on them. If so then that should be applied to Africans to.

Ok... and? its a race yes, but a race with many groups with their own rules, traditions, culture, etc.

Your group is whatever African tribe you descend from. Your not AA, so your out of line and should stay on the topics regarding your own.

The topic is about Racial identify not Ethnicity
:russ:

You being an idiot isnt my problem.
:mjlol:

I cant even engage in dialog with you because you dont understand elementary concepts thus you’re just going to continue to ramble about nothing.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
The topic is about Racial identify not Ethnicity

You being an idiot isnt my problem.

I cant even engage in dialog with you because you dont understand elementary concepts thus you’re just going to continue to ramble about nothing.
Its about race, but ethnicity plays a factor especially for AA folk. She learned her blackness through AA culture. and of AA descent

This has less to do with me, and more to do with you. Your trying to twist things, my gripe of even initially quoting you was simply because your not fit to say anything.

King of Creampies

Hop in. You coming too!
Daps
Reppin
Wild Hunt
That whole Benet/Kravitz cluster always struck me as "unfamiliar", vibewise.

Of color but most likely unaffiliated too.

Type to be like, "I'm not biracial, I'm a human being".

Ok, weirdo

Rep.

Been saying that for a long time as well.

Those two I do appreciate their music and talent but they are not connected to anything black more biracial if that.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Its about race, but ethnicity plays a factor especially for AA folk. She learned her blackness through AA culture. and of AA descent

This has less to do with me, and more to do with you. Your trying to twist things, my gripe of even initially quoting you was simply because your not fit to say anything.

Man stfu

I careless what ethnic group she is in or whats to identify with, my discussion is about race, so you can go tell someone else about your life story and all that other stuff.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Man stfu

I careless what ethnic group she is in or whats to identify with, my discussion is about race, so you can go tell someone else about your life story and all that other stuff.
figured this would be your response, I notice some of yall Africans tend to always want to brush ethnicity/sub groups aside when it goes against you. In an exchange like this

Which is ironic because yall do the same to AAs and other diasporians when they try to put their two cents in on topics about Africa:jbhmm:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
figured this would be your response, I notice some of yall Africans tend to always want to brush ethnicity/sub groups aside when it goes against you. In an exchange like this

Which is ironic because yall do the same to AAs and other diasporians when they try to put their two cents in on topics about Africa:jbhmm:

“Yall”

:mjlol::russ:

Mofo tryna deflect because he believes mulattos are black even when his own ethnic group members disagree. :mjlol:

At this point you’d be better off just ending it hear because i can careless about your feelings or opinions.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
...but what I really need to know is,

*guitar lick* IS SHE GONNA GO OUR WAY??

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
consuming black entertainment, isn't becoming one or getting in contact with her black self.
she sounds like she is still lost and the writer of this article might be lost just as much as she is.
SMH

Her parents failed her.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
“Yall”

:mjlol::russ:

Mofo tryna deflect because he believes mulattos are black even when his own ethnic group members disagree. :mjlol:

At this point you’d be better off just ending it hear because i can careless about your feelings or opinions.
no ones deflecting, Im answering everything your throwing at me, your the one tryna twist and turn your way out of this..

"mulattoes" are accepted as black even if some coli nikkas disagree, our "system" you can say due to lack of better words and history allows that. Plus many of the people you prolly think agree with you that are AA. Are not AA, they are likely Africans, Caribbeans any anything else not AA:yeshrug:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
no ones deflecting, Im answering everything your throwing at me, your the one tryna twist and turn your way out of this..

"mulattoes" are accepted as black even if some coli nikkas disagree, our "system" you can say due to lack of better words and history allows that. Plus many of the people you prolly think agree with you that are AA. Are not AA, they are likely Africans, Caribbeans any anything else not AA:yeshrug:

I didnt throw anything at you for you to answer. YOU inserted ethnicity lol my comments are about race. Like I said I dont care about anything you are saying or have to say because its irrelevant :russ:

Mulattos aint black if you disagree then continue to tell yourself whatever you want to make you feel better but it is what it is.
:lolbron:

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Neither of her parents are full. Why does anyone expect her to be a bastion of Afrocentric pride? Reminds me of Halsey. Only wants to use ethnicity as a talking point for attention.

As long as she not wilding out ignorantly, I have no other expectations.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
She isn't black...and she has a warped way of defining what "black" is anyway, but then again a lot of black people have this problem too :manny:... But using entertainers and music is not the way...nor is it because of how white ppl treat you.

Anyway...I don't get how anyone can call half b/w people "black" when they literally have an entire half their family that is straight up white...from grandparents, to aunts, uncles, cousins etc. I mean these folks literally have one side related to them by. blood looking like the intro the Brady Bunch

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
Neil Young is a cac performing black culture, as the daughter of a black rock artist, she should have known.
Tyler Perry is "ratchet-gay" type black SUBculture...all the excuses are odd and :mjpls:
Out of all the musicians to accuse of stealing from others culture, you chose to accuse Neil Young? :mjlol:

T'krm

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BA DOS Af pr
exactly got fukkin nikkas that are not even half AA speaking on our shyt and who we are composed of:mjlol:

To many of these immigrants/Non-AAs need to just shut up and stop talking of "rules" and who "aint black" in our community.

Yall mfs dont run shyt so hush.
If one isnt AA there is absolutely zero space to decide, much less speak on what is 'Black', as the very concept of 'Blackness' is one derived exclusively from our experience! @Indiglow Meta (R$G) was right to state that many of these folk who fraudulently insert themselves in AA conversations, need to be called out.

Last edited: