Lisa Bonet’s Daughter Explains Why She Couldn’t Connect With Being Black

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
I didnt throw anything at you for you to answer. YOU inserted ethnicity lol my comments are about race. Like I said I dont care about anything you are saying or have to say because its irrelevant :russ:

Mulattos aint black if you disagree then continue to tell yourself whatever you want to make you feel better but it is what it is.
:lolbron:
@bolded its a figure of speech, in regards to this back and forth and how I addressed your points, without dodging or "deflecting"

I know I inserted ethnicity thats to point out that your rules of whats not black does not apply to us. Ethnicity does matter because no matter how much you damn africans scream about biracials/mixed/creole. Its not going to change anything

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
@bolded its a figure of speech, in regards to this back and forth and how I addressed your points, without dodging or "deflecting"

I know I inserted ethnicity thats to point out that your rules of whats not black does not apply to us. Ethnicity does matter because no matter how much you damn africans scream about biracials/mixed/creole. Its not going to change anything

“You damn Africans”

Lmfaoooo you sound like a white boy.

You can claim who ever you want within your ethnic group I can careless.

Biracials still aint black
:mjlol:

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
This chick don’t got a big enough booty to have 9 pages about her

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
If one isnt AA is absolutely zero space to decide, much less speak on what is 'Black', as the very concept of 'Blackness' is one derived exclusively from our experience! @Indiglow Meta (R$G) was right to state that many of these folk who fradulently insert themselves in AA conversations, need to be called out.
:russ: if you followed your own logic to a T you would understand it implies white people are the only ones that have legitimacy in deciding who is black and who isn't, because they created the concept. You had no say in that :mjlol:

I thought you were Puerto Rican by the way :ohhh:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
She isn't black...and she has a warped way of defining what "black" is anyway, but then again a lot of black people have this problem too :manny:... But using entertainers and music is not the way...nor is it because of how white ppl treat you.

Anyway...I don't get how anyone can call half b/w people "black" when they literally have an entire half their family that is straight up white...from grandparents, to aunts, uncles, cousins etc. I mean these folks literally have one side related to them by. blood looking like the intro the Brady Bunch

Let the coli tell it, black people come out of the nut sack or virgina of white people :russ::mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
Out of all the musicians to accuse of stealing from others culture, you chose to accuse Neil Young? :mjlol:
Rock is black music, nobody accused him of anything other than performing it.
The example she put up is wild, her father is a black rock musician.
Neil Young idolized Elvis as a youth, was into Doo Wop and Rockabilly, etc despite being 100% Rural Canadian.
She puts him up and he reveres black music and the ultimate biter of it.
Irony.
What has you so upset?
"We were into Neil Young, didn't know about black music"
Neil Young sure did.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
“You damn Africans”

Lmfaoooo you sound like a white boy.

You can claim who ever you want within your ethnic group I can careless.

Biracials still aint black
:mjlol:
I could care less if I do, many of you Africans stay meddling in our affairs and nikkas are tired of it.

if you dont claim biracials fine, but save that energy around other Africans or specifically your group not us

IAMDetroit

"Yall Nig*as"
Daps
Reppin
D
I was going to give her the same pass you are after I read the article. Then I thought about her parents body of work being atypical of the media pushed version of black culture. So she should have been very aware that black culture doesn't fit into the small box of what the media says it is. She had no excuse. :camby:
This.

Dope was the only role where you could say her character was black.
She had to braid it for that.

No excuse. Im sure her classmates let her know she was black. She grew up rich.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I could care less if I do, many of you Africans stay meddling in our affairs and nikkas are tired of it.

if you dont claim biracials fine, but save that energy around other Africans or specifically your group not us

I dont care about what you want to do in your ethnic group :russ:

You are dumb as bricks.

I literally told you i dont care and you are the one talking about ethnicity not me yet you keep posting about the same thing like a russian bot that cant compute logic :mjlol:

You’re literally gonna respond to my post talking about the same topic nobody cares about or is even discussimg :russ:

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
Rock is black music, nobody accused him of anything other than performing it.
The example she put up is wild, her father is a black rock musician.
Neil Young idolized Elvis as a youth, was into Doo Wop and Rockabilly, etc despite being 100% Rural Canadian.
She puts him up and he reveres black music and the ultimate biter of it.
Irony.
What has you so upset?
"We were into Neil Young, didn't know about black music"
Neil Young sure did.
Yeah you’re right, Buffalo Springfield and Crazy Horse definitely did co-opt those genres. I was just thinking Neil Young the solo folk artist was mostly known for singing in a high falsetto with intricate guitar work. The closest artist I can think of like that is Skip James.

I was just surprised because I never hear Neil Young’s name brought up in that context like Presley, Led Zeppelin, Eric Clapton, etc

Last edited:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
I dont care about what you want to do in your ethnic group :russ:

You are dumb as bricks.

I literally told you i dont care and you are the one talking about ethnicity not me yet you keep posting about the same thing like a russian bot that cant compute logic :mjlol:

You’re literally gonna respond to my post talking about the same topic nobody cares about or is even discussimg :russ:
Your whole schtick in this thread is to take shot and aim at AAs/Mixed AAs and our system of identification(Your initial post). so clearly you do fukkin care.

Imma keep bringing up ethnicity because the rules you and all your countrymen from your shythole country follow dont apply to us.

T'krm

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BA DOS Af pr
:russ: if you followed your own logic to a T you would understand it implies white people are the only ones that have legitimacy in deciding who is black and who isn't, because they created the concept. You had no say in that :mjlol:

I thought you were Puerto Rican by the way :ohhh:

Well, shyt, If that's the case, 80% of earth's inhabitants...and everywhere the white man touched ground on, including Africa needs to re-structure, and re-organize due to his meddling!
Aren't the majority of African nations,and Diasporan ethnicities, white creations?:mjlol:

Point is, the very concept of 'Blackness' was created by whites who captured Africans as slaves; and once captured, any, and all vestiges of being African were taken with it!
DOS were not African, they were now, and forever 'Black', and the hardships, and oppression that defined the following 400 years of 'Blackness'.

Therefore it's completely ridiculous for an outside group, for which 'Blackness' wasn't even a thing until they entered the "AA reality" so-to-speak, to portend being an authority on what is 'Black', when being 'Black' has little to nothing to do with having African dna, but instead the heritage, lineage,and culture 'Black' Americans have been anchored in the US....and Pr is not a race, btw. Proud AADOS...:steviej:

Last edited:

AV Dicey

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Juan Roberto's bald spot
She got 2 black parents, her mother was on the Cosby show and her grandmother was on the Jeffersons and she says she couldn't connect with being black :mindblown: