Listening to this Kirk Knight album and I finally understand why some don't fukk with Pro Era

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
The single is the perfect example:

The beat is :ohlawd: and because of that, I've listened to this song some 20 odd times since hearing it...and I still couldn't tell you a single thing he or Joey said on the mic. :skip:

Them dudes just ride them 90s throwback beats without saying anything in particular. Truthfully, I kind of saw this on Big Dusty from Joey last year:

I only really fukk with this because I can hear a prime Heltah Skeltah tearing that beat apart. :ld: Being brutally honest, I only copped Joey's album because I could get it for less than $10 at the time. :dayum:

Back to this dude Kirk though, after 5 Minutes, the album falls off a cliff outside of a few tracks and it becomes glaringly obvious that throwback beats are this crew's crutch because when you take that away from them...well....see for yourself:

:francis:

:scust:

Needless to say, I can't get jiggy with this shyt brehs. You ever have a similar moment where you realize what you were listening to really wasn't as good as you thought it was?

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
fukk with you breh, but I could have told you this from when "Waves" came out.

nikkas who rely on 'bringing shyt back' are 99% trash. Joey Badass's beats are :yawn:, his voice and flow are :yawn: or :scust: and his throwback beats don't even hit hard. The only reason dude had momentary hype is because he had the right look for the right audience.

to take a phrase: "When did rap turn into a fashion show?"

They were never nice:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
fukk with you breh, but I could have told you this from when "Waves" came out.

nikkas who rely on 'bringing shyt back' are 99% trash. Joey Badass's beats are :yawn:, his voice and flow are :yawn: or :scust: and his throwback beats don't even hit hard. The only reason dude had momentary hype is because he had the right look for the right audience.

to take a phrase: "When did rap turn into a fashion show?"

They were never nice:

Joey's verse fell apart quick :mjcry:

that John Robinson beat though :whew:

this is the original:

Even 20/20's news anchor flow is more compelling than Rockstar :manny:

Screwtape

All Star
Daps
yeah you nailed it imo, 5 stars, rep dap n that. That last track you posted is a completely perfect example, i listened to most of that album and doubt ill ever go back

i dont mind some of this throwback stuff but couldnt give you one quotable or anything from any of it that ive heard

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
The Pro Era fanbase is basically the modern version of the early 2000s backpack scene tbr, none of these nikkas can really spit like that and they're reprocessing shyt that's already been done better.