LIVE from Detroit ... the 2024 Official NFL Draft Thread (April 25-27) 6PM EST, ABC/ESPN/NFL Network

Do the Bears take Caleb #1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JLova

Veteran
Daps
that’s crazy. I feel like Kirk and Penix both have to be frustrated by the situation. What an odd move. It’s not like he fell to the second round and it made sense from a value perspective. It was the 8TH pick..

One of the more bizarre moves I’ve seen. If I was Kirk, I’d be livid.

Last edited:

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Starting in the league :wow:

Meanwhile I just saw JT Barrett closing up at Chili's :wow:
He's actually in Detroit as the QB coach.
I have no idea what the raiders plan at QB is

That current room is a disaster screaming 5-11
More than likely rolling with Aidan O'Connell and Gardner Minshew.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

:dead: yeah you don’t say this about a guy you pick 8th overall

If they were gonna contemplate this, why didn't they just trade for Justin Fields a few weeks ago? Giving up a 6th-7th round pick for Fields and then taking the best available player in the draft last night. Could have taken the best defensive player for your defense-minded coach. Could have taken Rome Odunze and made that offense even wilder.

Saints got better last night. Bucs got better last night. Even the Panthers made a good decision. I'd be sick if I was an Atlanta fan.

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Follow up with full quote added more context. I KNOW he wasn’t talking about Penix

Do brehs not understand GM speak anymore? :gucci:

Kirk is functionally on a 2 year deal. Only way he's still starting for us in 4-5 years is if he's literally playing MVP-level ball. Anything less than that and it's on MP. Yall really want him to come out and say "he'll be ready to start in 2 years when we cut Kirk like we've planned on doing this whole time"? :pachaha:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
If they were gonna contemplate this, why didn't they just trade for Justin Fields a few weeks ago? Giving up a 6th-7th round pick for Fields and then taking the best available player in the draft last night. Could have taken the best defensive player for your defense-minded coach. Could have taken Rome Odunze and made that offense even wilder.

Saints got better last night. Bucs got better last night. Even the Panthers made a good decision. I'd be sick if I was an Atlanta fan.
I get ATL thinking in drafting Penix if they are really high in him, but if that was always they're view them signing Russ for cheap instead of Cousins would have made sense if they wanted to compete now, have a vet for the young offense, mentor for a drafted QB, and not be tied to long term.

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Do brehs not understand GM speak anymore? :gucci:

Kirk is functionally on a 2 year deal. Only way he's still starting for us in 4-5 years is if he's literally playing MVP-level ball. Anything less than that and it's on MP. Yall really want him to come out and say "he'll be ready to start in 2 years when we cut Kirk like we've planned on doing this whole time"? :pachaha:
I fully understand it. I know Kirk is her 3 years MAX

It’ll get taken literally though by a lot people. That first tweet without context probably got people goin crazy