LIVE from Detroit ... the 2024 Official NFL Draft Thread (April 25-27) 6PM EST, ABC/ESPN/NFL Network

Do the Bears take Caleb #1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Braman

Superstar
Daps
My Draft Grades

A+: Vikings, Eagles, Lions, Commanders

I think Detroit and Philly was a DB away and they both got potential shutdown corners. Good chance one of them is playing for a SB. Vikings whole franchise was at stake bc if they didn’t get a QB Jefferson likely demands a trade. PLUS got Dallas turner. They won the draft.

A: Colts, Jaguars, Ravens, Bears

A neck injury isn’t like a lower extremity injury. Latu will hit that ground running. Any other year Brian Thomas would be getting Randy Moss comps. 6’4 4.3 speed he’s going under the radar. Ravens a steal same as Philly/detroit. A steal and maybe why they’re playing for a SB

C: Chargers- It may take years for them to get a #1 WR. If they can trade for Tee Higgins or Aiyuk, this becomes an A

D: 49ers- Pearsall is the type of guy we talk about when we say ‘it’s a deep WR draft’. Could have got a player his level later.

Broncos- the track record for a first round QB outside the top 10 is atrocious. It’s usually a clear sign it’s a reach

F: Falcons

Everyone else B/chalk

Last edited:

Eye Cue DA COLI GAWD

Once tyranny starts, tyranny doesn't stop
Daps
These hot takes are too much. I don't know why Atlanta did what they did, but Penix is a legit top quarterback in that draft. His issue is he has blown out both of his knees so he isn't as mobile as the othe quarterbacks in the draft. However Penix is the best pure passer in the draft. The dude's left arm literally took his team to the national title game. He was the runner up to the Heisman trophy winner and in my opinion he should have won it because he took his team to the national title game when everybody in the country knew he was going to throw it. Penix is better than Maye, but nobody is shytting on Maye going 4th overall.
Good post, but I will say Penix ran a 4.5 at his Pro Day. Dude has wheels

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
By the way, regardless of the situation, Cousins is kicking his feet up and laughing at the end of the day. He's old as dirt and secured a long term contract

It's the rest of ATL that's in shambles, not him.

Eye Cue DA COLI GAWD

Once tyranny starts, tyranny doesn't stop
Daps
My Draft Grades

I think Detroit and Philly was a DB away and they both got potential shutdown corners. Good chance one of them is playing for a SB. Vikings whole franchise was at stake bc if they didn’t get a QB Jefferson likely demands a trade. PLUS got Dallas turner. They won the draft.

A neck injury isn’t like a lower extremity injury. Latu will hit that ground running. Any other year Brian Thomas would be getting Randy Moss comps. 6’4 4.3 speed he’s going under the radar. Ravens a steal same as Philly/detroit. A steal and maybe why they’re playing for a SB

C: Chargers- It may take years for them to get a #1 WR. If they can trade for Tee Higgins or Aiyuk, this becomes an A

D: 49ers- Pearsall is the type of guy we talk about when we say ‘it’s a deep WR draft’. Could have got a player his level later.

Broncos- the track record for a first round QB outside the top 10 is atrocious. It’s usually a clear sign it’s a reach

Everyone else B/chalk
shytty grades...

You don't even know if McCarthy can consistently get Jefferson the ball. All he does is throw crossing routes

And teams are finally starting to come off the Alabama aura. Turner is a one year wonder. He's not a sure thing.

And no team wins the draft after one round, duke

Braman

Superstar
Daps
shytty grades...

You don't even know if McCarthy can consistently get Jefferson the ball. All he does is throw crossing routes

And teams are finally starting to come off the Alabama aura. Turner is a one year wonder. He's not a sure thing.

I mean I get it, the coli’s MO is to be reactive not proactive. I’m high on McCarthy, so I’m standing on that.

Also you can only draft who’s available. Regardless of what you think of turner he was still a top 15 prospect in THIS draft and they got him at immense value. Turner at 8 would be dicey. Turner at 18 is a steal

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
shytty grades...

I feel that Verse will be better than Turner, time will tell. I'm biased admittedly, but he's done more than Turner has and has elevated an entire squad. Turner played with killers.

McCarthy is the QB more than any other in this draft that has to be coached up into a great player, his actual talent is middling to mediocre at best. If Minnesota's coaching is on point he'll be fine, but if they aren't he'll be awful..

Vikings also gave up way too many resources in this draft, they are basically praying that neither are busts because if they are, they don't have any good pathways to salvage the squad. They'd be forced to move Jefferson anyway.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My Draft Grades

Everyone else B/chalk
The Bears should be the only A+ and the Falcons are not an F; they should at worst be a B and probably even an A because Penix should work out for them.

Williams by himself would have been an A for the Bears, but when they got Rome Odunze, who is arguably the best wide receiver in the draft then you can make a legit argument that the Bears got the best quarterback and best wide receiver in the draft. I like Penix and Harrison a lot too, but Williams and Odunze are their equals.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
The Bears should be the only A+ and the Falcons are not an F; they should at worst be a B and probably even an A because Penix should work out for them.

Williams by himself would have been an A for the Bears, but when they got Rome Odunze, who is arguably the best wide receiver in the draft then you can make a legit argument that the Bears got the best quarterback and best wide receiver in the draft. I like Penix and Harrison a lot too, but Williams and Odunze are their equals.
This is crazy, I've never heard odunze mentioned as arguably the best receiver in this draft until yesterday

MHJ, Nabers and Thomas were all clearly graded over him throughout the entire college season and draft scouting process

B1G_controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly

Why wouldn't the Eagles be an A+ :childplease:

We married need and value better than any team in the first round :myman:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I’m hoping either Cooper or Powers fall to 39…also wouldn’t be mad if we took Benson at the top of the 3rd…

Sounds like Powers-Johnson may fall further, lot of rumors about medicals. Also some strange rumors about attitude which may be BS. Watching him go thru the draft process he seems like a great dude to me, maybe scouts are just blowing smoke.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Sounds like Powers-Johnson may fall further, lot of rumors about medicals. Also some strange rumors about attitude which may be BS. Watching him go thru the draft process he seems like a great dude to me, maybe scouts are just blowing smoke.

If he falls to the bears too :ohlawd: