LOADED LUX VS AYE VERB RAP BATTLE | URLTV

Who won?

• Total voters

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Still got Lux 2-1, the 1st and the 2nd. I like the battle more I rewatch it (par for the course for Lux battles sans his battle with Mook) and yeah, Lux is on a different level than Verb lyrically. Verb fought hard in the 1st though. Lux smoked Verb in the 2nd and Lux dropped the ball in the 3rd so Verb took that.

Abstract83

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I got verb 2-1. Got Verb edging the 2nd. And clearly taking the 3rd. I liked Lux first 2 rounds though.

Marzupial

Banned
Daps
In that Rbe faceoff O red said battlers need to be consistent with they momentum and have more than 4 haymakers per round or the fans will turn on them

I guess lux is an exception, he takes so much time to go in, if that was Cassidy he would get booed

Deoji

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Zone 6 via PG County
He stopped like that because EVERYTHING was landing when he got going in the second. I thought verb brought a SOLID third, but his first was awful to me.

a punch landing doesn't mean you stop rapping. It's not surprising that he didn't do it during his very next battle (the 2 on 2 joint). I just think his round would have been more effective if he rapped thru it more continuously especially with that first being kinda light.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
In that Rbe faceoff O red said battlers need to be consistent with they momentum and have more than 4 haymakers per round or the fans will turn on them

I guess lux is an exception, he takes so much time to go in, if that was Cassidy he would get booed
Lux my favorite and my GOAT but he definitely gets a lot of leeway from the fans in terms of how he writes. His writing is dense and super layered and his haymakers are too far apart. Anyone else who wrote like him on stage would get booed more often. His second is how he should format his battles on a big stage. This era of battle rap isn’t about having build ups to a point, it’s about hitting quickly and heavy. Lux needs to work on that on a big stage.

I have him winning 2-1 and I thought his second was dope but this and the Ars performance are my least favorite from him. He was amazing in the 2 on 2. Lux clearly needs someone more closely connected to this era to run his material by. Hollow is a good sparing partner.

fantabolous

smart usage of data plan
Daps
Reppin
The 313
a punch landing doesn't mean you stop rapping. It's not surprising that he didn't do it during his very next battle (the 2 on 2 joint). I just think his round would have been more effective if he rapped thru it more continuously especially with that first being kinda light.

I normally prefer rappers not to stop as much, but I didn't think he did it too horribly here. I get you thought his first was light, especially when compared to his second.

I still think he clearly won the second, I think verb getting the third is clear. I thought Lux did enough with his first to beat Verb's first so I have it 2-1 Lux.