LOADED LUX VS AYE VERB RAP BATTLE | URLTV

Who won?

• Total voters

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
Normally Verb would’ve won: he came very well prepared and did way more than hun bars - he took it to a different level.

Unfortunately for him, Lux round 1 and especially 2 were in a completely different stratosphere that likely no other battle rapper can reach.

Lux wins. Not a clean body, but he was just so far ahead even in round 1 before Verb even started that Verb just never had a chance.

GOAT

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He lost pretty clear to me. Lux out barred and out angled him
Verb rapped circles around him imo, and BY far had the best quotable in this. That faucet shyt :wow:

Lux gets too much respect for being "complex" (to the dumb nikka), but a lot of the time he's not saying anything profound.

:mjlol: Dude really said "you'll get it later, dummy" after that weak ass Migos bar

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Verb rapped circles around him imo, and BY far had the best quotable in this. That faucet shyt :wow:

Lux gets too much respect for being "complex" (to the dumb nikka), but a lot of the time he's not saying anything profound.

:mjlol: Dude really said "you'll get it later, dummy" after that weak ass Migos bar
Verb had a lot of really horrible lines bro. And that faucet bar is only good because it's acted out, it's not a hard hitting bar. The Apollo and Fully Loaded bars were way better and those weren't even Lux best bars, they just got the most reaction. Lux best bar didn't even get reacted to.

I don't know about profound or not, but Lux had waaaay better material than Verb. nikka Verb called him a "Cumquat" like what? lol. "Blake Griffin over caged pigeons". Trash writing.

GOAT

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Verb had a lot of really horrible lines bro. And that faucet bar is only good because it's acted out, it's not a hard hitting bar.

I don't know about profound or not, but Lux had waaaay better material than Verb. nikka Verb called him a "Cumquat" like what? lol. "Blake Griffin over caged pigeons". Trash writing.
He really didn't. Name some of that material. Lux gets credit for average ass material because he's Lux and he's "deep". When dumb nikkas catch mediocre bars from him, it makes them feel smart/good about themselves. Whitney a nikka in Houston was weak, the Migos shyt was weak, etc. Maybe I gotta rewatch, but Verb styled on him and outrapped him easy :yeshrug:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
He really didn't. Name some of that material. Lux gets credit for average ass material because he's Lux and he's "deep". When dumb nikkas catch mediocre bars from him, it makes them feel smart/good about themselves. Whitney a nikka in Houston was weak, the Migos shyt was weak, etc. Maybe I gotta rewatch, but Verb styled on him and outrapped him easy :yeshrug:

Sounds like you just don't fukk with Lux. I respect it. To me, Verb can't rap with Lux, when it comes to layers or pockets or flows. Verb is one of my all-time favorites, but he got a way with a lot of poor material this battle.

Lux best bars was the start of his third, I can't quote the whole thing, but it goes on for a minute. But the beginning of his third, he does a whole double scheme comparing Verb flying high early in his career (using the guardian angle line and other things that fly as a metaphor) then gradually declining from flying high to money "driving" him to battle. And then the he does another double scheme using the gym and psych ward. Both I thought was extremely clever and well thought out. But it just dragged for too long.

His best bars in the second was when he did the whole scheme of St. Louis and ended with the Darren Seals/Mike Brown/Ferguson bar that was mean.

GOAT

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sounds like you just don't fukk with Lux. I respect it. To me, Verb can't rap with Lux, when it comes to layers or pockets or flows. Verb is one of my all-time favorites, but he got a way with a lot of poor material this battle.

Lux best bars was the start of his third, I can't quote the whole thing, but it goes on for a minute. But the beginning of his third, he does a whole double scheme comparing Verb flying high early in his career (using the guardian angle line and other things that fly as a metaphor) then gradually declining from flying high to money "driving" him to battle. And then the he does another double scheme using the gym and psych ward. Both I thought was extremely clever and well thought out. But it just dragged for too long.

His best bars in the second was when he did the whole scheme of St. Louis and ended with the Darren Seals/Mike Brown/Ferguson bar that was mean.
:yeshrug: I think Lux peaked early in his career (pre-URL). He was actually rapping then and his material was much more direct. Ever since the Hollow battle, his flow has been erratic and grating and his material is incredibly overrated in relation to the credit he gets.

I thought Verb soundly outrapped him this battle in every round. Including the second, which was Lux's best round.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:yeshrug: I think Lux peaked early in his career (pre-URL). He was actually rapping then and his material was much more direct. Ever since the Hollow battle, his flow has been erratic and grating and his material is incredibly overrated in relation to the credit he gets.

I thought Verb soundly outrapped him this battle in every round. Including the second, which was Lux's best round.
I respect it. All opinionated at the end of the day

I do prefer Lux earlier battles to his new battles. I much more prefer his music and freestyles to his more recent battles. I think he does too much when he writes for battles sometimes and it falls flat. His Hollow performance was perfect to me. Since then he's been hit or miss overall, but he has flashes of brilliance that other battlers can't compare to, imo.