Results are only viewable after voting.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
@patscorpio, the Rigo fight is furthering my belief that the Salido fight may have created a monster. Loma wasn't ready to handle cheap shots and being bullied, from that point on we are seeing Loma work cheap shots and being a bully into his repertoire.

I get the debates about a strong pressure fighter giving Loma issues, but he will have to do it with supreme skill, he won't be able to bully Loma. Seems to be a lesson Loma has learned.

The Salido fight is a gift and a curse for him. It's a gift because it taught Lomachenko what professional boxing is all about. It's also a gift because Arum could have easily ruined the guy very early before shyt got started. You can't beat a rugged experienced fighter like Salido moving around like you have to use the gotdamn bathroom scoring points. You gotta inflict some hurt. He doesn't have stamina issues or red hair on top of his head...that is a proud skillful Mexican master boxer. Now to his credit Lomachenko was a quick study and adjusted late when he was woefully down on the cards and being boxed and beaten up. He nearly put away Salido with body shots. Too little too late :manny:. Without this fight he would have not gone on to have the wins he has now. The curse even with all the notable wins he collected from 126-130 so far he is defined by that one loss. The belief that if someone fights like Salido did, Lomachenko will take another L. I do think that could be now since he has less than 10 pro fights but it wont be a weakness in his game forever.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
The Salido fight is a gift and a curse for him. It's a gift because it taught Lomachenko what professional boxing is all about. It's also a gift because Arum could have easily ruined the guy very early before shyt got started. You can't beat a rugged experienced fighter like Salido moving around like you have to use the gotdamn bathroom scoring points. You gotta inflict some hurt. He doesn't have stamina issues or red hair on top of his head...that is a proud skillful Mexican master boxer. Now to his credit Lomachenko was a quick study and adjusted late when he was woefully down on the cards and being boxed and beaten up. He nearly put away Salido with body shots. Too little too late :manny:. Without this fight he would have not gone on to have the wins he has now. The curse even with all the notable wins he collected from 126-130 so far he is defined by that one loss. The belief that if someone fights like Salido did, Lomachenko will take another L. I do think that could be now since he has less than 10 pro fights but it wont be a weakness in his game forever.
14kwrhk.gif

Salido is a jobber with 14 L's and 4 draws......

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
14kwrhk.gif

Salido is a jobber with 14 L's and 4 draws......
he is a proud mexican fighter who lived for handing out GOAT level fades on the TV in between schooling fighters like lomachenko :smugfavre:...we gotta put some respect on his name now that he's retired

87 others

Superstar
Daps
how about all the times salido hit lomachenko with clean punches. or how salido was able to match lomachenko workrate for workrate and never let him get out and build up a big lead on him. or how every time salido got inside on lomachenko he didnt want any part of it so he held onto him all night. if salidos weight was a big problem like you say it is then hows he supposed to move up and beat all these bigger guys. keep this in mind. lomachenko was a full grown man in the amateurs. shakur stevenson is still a kid as a pro. thats not the same thing.
It doesn’t matter. When you go from an amateur to a pro there is a steep learning curve. The fact that Loma was even able to go 12 rounds is a testament in itself. Add to that the fact that by the end he made the necessary adjustments and almost knocked Salido out. Talking about beating bigger guys. It’s called putting on weight and actually being physically bigger, not getting outweighed by 11 pounds. It’s a shame that Salido retired because I would have loved to see Loma fight him again and just shut everyone the fukk up once and for all. Loma can beat fukking Anthony Joshua and you’d still hear: “B-b-but Salido problems.”

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps
well guys are playing up to his strengths also. you dont want him to get to set his feet. you get him backing up, or having to come forward, it starts to cut into his workrate. you will notice, that always with lomachenko, he gets off most of those big combinations when he gets to set his feet. you get his feet moving, like how crawford got postols feet to have to constantly be moving coming at him, or how guys like salido or selimov got him backing up, he starts to not be able to do the things he likes to get to do as much. that makes a difference. if you are going to stand still and let him set his feet, then you need to be punching with him, or countering, not taking turns. my turn, now go its your turn. those guys that like to take turns like that do real bad because lomachenko will keep you standing there covering up forever waiting for your turn to punch him back. you wont ever get it. he wont let you get it. but he is hittable enough, you can get him, punching with him. dont listen to these guys who say he doesnt get hit. because he does. you dont play to his strengths, you play up to what he doesnt like and keep him real uncomfortable.

Good shyt first off. But punching with Lomo is a dangerous game because of the angles he comes at you with. Guys aren’t punching with him because they can’t get a feel for his unorthodox style. If they open up they might get tagged 6 different ways before they understand what’s going on.

I agree that it’s prob gonna take a pressure fighter with a chin to beat him. Someone that can eat his shots and still walk him down.

I haven’t seen this cat out of his comfort zone in forever :francis: at least Gary Russell was banging with him

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Good shyt first off. But punching with Lomo is a dangerous game because of the angles he comes at you with. Guys aren’t punching with him because they can’t get a feel for his unorthodox style. If they open up they might get tagged 6 different ways before they understand what’s going on.

I agree that it’s prob gonna take a pressure fighter with a chin to beat him. Someone that can eat his shots and still walk him down.

I haven’t seen this cat out of his comfort zone in forever :francis: at least Gary Russell was banging with him
Bullshyt

The boy be slapping out there, Calzaghe is rolling over in his grave right now.....:francis:

He had a couple good wins, but his last few looks funny in the light :manny:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
This is my exact thinking. It was a curse in that they took a huge risk in his 2nd fight vs. a guy most rising prospects wouldn't take in their 15th pro fight. Had Loma been in with an equally talented but more traditional style fighter I think Loma probably wins. His skill set was destined to beat most opponents just off his natural talent.

But this is where 100% agree with Andre Ward in his argument with Teddy Atlas, fighters need time to adjust to the pro game. One reason is a guy like Salido who is short on skills, but full of heart and grit can be a destructive force. That type of fighter doesn't do as well in the amateurs.

Loma got his lesson in that fight. I fully believe it made him a better fighter and will benefit his career greatly as he took 20 fights of learning in that one. However, he suffered a loss, and for Loma being pushed as the indestructible fighter right now, that loss hurts his image.

Long term as his resumes builds with contenders and champions, hopefully people can separate themselves from that loss and see that the fighter then is not the fighter now. Part of the Floyd Myweather game...he put so much importance on the 0 that a lot of fans have a hard time forgiving it.

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
It doesn’t matter. When you go from an amateur to a pro there is a steep learning curve. The fact that Loma was even able to go 12 rounds is a testament in itself. Add to that the fact that by the end he made the necessary adjustments and almost knocked Salido out. Talking about beating bigger guys. It’s called putting on weight and actually being physically bigger, not getting outweighed by 11 pounds. It’s a shame that Salido retired because I would have loved to see Loma fight him again and just shut everyone the fukk up once and for all. Loma can beat fukking Anthony Joshua and you’d still hear: “B-b-but Salido problems.”
well he doesnt have to fight orlando salido again to fight somebody that can do things orlando salido can do. one of the things that gave lomachenko problems was salido was coming at him with head movement. the significance of that, is that it lets you slip punches while you are coming in, and that lets you throw punches off your slipping motions.

YZU7ajP.gif

SJUsQlE.gif

now youre not coming in real upright. the guys that come in real upright have to block a punch before they can throw a punch. so they got to wait to stop blocking before they can get to start punching. you wonder why all some guys can seem to do with lomachenko is spend the whole night blocking punches? this is why. coming in with head movement gives you a way around that. because it lets you blend your offense and your defense together instead having to switch back and forth from one to the other.

the effect of doing this to lomachenko was that it made him hesitant to really let his hands go. if he gets caught in the middle of one of those flurries, he doesnt just get countered, he runs into the counter.

ReCr9Wq.gif

so it kept his workrate a little more honest. that why you never saw him putting big combinations together on salido. he was so much more cautious. and that let salido in the fight. he didnt have to be like these guys who need to transition between offense to defense and getting stuck on defense the whole fight. the point being that, there are things that can be done that can bring him down to earth a little bit.

the good news is you dont got to be orlando salido to do these things. theres guys out there that can do it. its not boxing magic. but you cant let yourself play into lomachenkos strengths, you got to let yourself play into yours.

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
its like emanuel steward said some guys just like to gamble. they like to take risks. they like to win big. if lomachenko ever gets in the ring with a guy like that it will be a very fun fight.

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
I haven't underrated Rigo.. Before this fight he hadn't done anything since 2013 for me to put him in my Top 5.. He was in yours though :ld: so I can see how you cised to see Loma pulling him up from 2 divisions and getting the W.. This the reason why even with the win Loma still not taking full credit

Funny part is he told everyone he wouldn't get credit even last year when asked about fighting him. :mjlol: Even if the fight happened at 126 and Loma won he'd still have the burden of being the bigger guy. He's keepin it 100 like "Bruh he's a Super Bantamweight...what did you expect to happen? :manny:" .

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps
Whats more important, having the reputation of being a P4P fighter

Or actually fighting, like a P4P fighter?

I know yall won't like this, but the Rigeaux that got in the ring Saturday was not/ is not P4P. Maybe its effort, I dont know. In fact, he may have been floating on reputation considering he had 3 rounds of boxing since 2015. 12? landed punches in 6 rounds, its garbage.

:manny:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Funny part is he told everyone he wouldn't get credit even last year when asked about fighting him. :mjlol: Even if the fight happened at 126 and Loma won he'd still have the burden of being the bigger guy. He's keepin it 100 like "Bruh he's a Super Bantamweight...what did you expect to happen? :manny:" .

He's not even giving himself the credit though and he would've got plenty of credit if he met Rigo in the middle at 124 when he was at 126 but he refused to do so

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Whats more important, having the reputation of being a P4P fighter

Or actually fighting, like a P4P fighter?

I know yall won't like this, but the Rigeaux that got in the ring Saturday was not/ is not P4P. Maybe its effort, I dont know. In fact, he may have been floating on reputation considering he had 3 rounds of boxing since 2015. 12? landed punches in 6 rounds, its garbage.

:manny:

I mean....i told yall:manny:

Pointless fight for Loma:yeshrug:

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
well guys are playing up to his strengths also. you dont want him to get to set his feet. you get him backing up, or having to come forward, it starts to cut into his workrate. you will notice, that always with lomachenko, he gets off most of those big combinations when he gets to set his feet. you get his feet moving, like how crawford got postols feet to have to constantly be moving coming at him, or how guys like salido or selimov got him backing up, he starts to not be able to do the things he likes to get to do as much. that makes a difference. if you are going to stand still and let him set his feet, then you need to be punching with him, or countering, not taking turns. my turn, now go its your turn. those guys that like to take turns like that do real bad because lomachenko will keep you standing there covering up forever waiting for your turn to punch him back. you wont ever get it. he wont let you get it. but he is hittable enough, you can get him, punching with him. dont listen to these guys who say he doesnt get hit. because he does. you dont play to his strengths, you play up to what he doesnt like and keep him real uncomfortable.
Garry Russell had some success punching with dude, i honestly believe that suana story with his training/would like to see that fade ran back. It wasnt like he got destroyed, he was game/didnt quit but seemed off.