looks like michel'le got what she wanted from that movie

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
a chance to publicly humiliate and destroy the legacy of another black icon worth millions

of course oprah and many others will come running. im sure the black feminist will boycott whatever dr dre is apart of, use dr dre as the template for black men as they describe black women being murdered by their black spouses.

but azelia banks and the russel crowe situation, oprah aint giving a 2nd thought towards,and black feminist, you can hear a mouse piss on cotton.....
you nikkas are disturbed :russ:

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Well, when a movie or piece of art is aimed at making a particular person look like a monster under the guise of being based on true events, that's called a hit job. And that's what "Surviving Compton" was. I don't necessarily have a problem with it being a hit job on Dre. I have an issue with people acting like it's not.

So, basically expect factual inaccuracies and chronological impossibilities if a movie is on Lifetime? Got it. I'm glad a female confirmed that publicly.

What would having her make a cameo or having a small role added to SOC? Serious question. Because the movie barely highlighted NWA members like MC Ren and DJ Yella. The movie was made to highlight a small space in time for Dre, Cube, Easy and Heller within the construct of NWA.

Peace
Lifetime movies have a long rep of being low budget soap operas based on true stories.

What would it hurt to have her in the movie. She is well known as his main chick during that time and then Suge's would've added more authenticity then acting like she never existed. She was with him before NWA.

im talkin about now ...:popcorn3:
She does whenever asked about it. She recently did a Wendy Williams interview, check it out and see what she says. She was on the breakfast club last year talking about it too.

mcdivit85

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sound Reasoning
So you would consider a biopic on Hitler a "hit" piece? There is nothing wrong with a "hit" piece if its factual and objective....

White politicians got yall thinking that's a bad term and that you should dismiss the content if something is titled a hit piece...

As I stated in the quote you used, I have no issue with it being a hit piece. I have an issue with people denying it.

And Dre didn't run a political party responsible for killing millions and trying to take over an entire continent under the banner of White Supremacy.

Peace

Daps
Reppin
NULL
As I stated in the quote you used, I have no issue with it being a hit piece. I have an issue with people denying it.

And Dre didn't run a political party responsible for killing millions and trying to take over an entire continent under the banner of White Supremacy.

Peace

Principle still applies..... whether its one extreme or the other... .Calling something a Hit Piece infers slander whether people admit or not, and that's simply not the case

mcdivit85

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sound Reasoning
Lifetime movies have a long rep of being low budget soap operas based on true stories.

What would it hurt to have her in the movie. She is well known as his main chick during that time and then Suge's would've added more authenticity then acting like she never existed. She was with him before NWA.

I have no issue with her being in the NWA film as a minor character. Because the focus of the film was about the dynamic between the group members. My issue is with people claiming that her not being in the film was somehow detrimental to the story told. It was not.

I have no issue with Michele'e. She seems like a lovely woman who got into a relationship with a young man with lots of personal demons at the time. And I would have to assume that she had some self-esteem issues to continue such a relationship, so I don't down her.

My issue is the denial of the hit job that was "Surviving Compton."

Peace

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
Congrats, a Dre Asswhipping makes her the most famous Michelle in the country

nyu50.jpg

mcdivit85

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sound Reasoning
And for all the people claiming it was wrong for her not to be "Straight Out of Compton", which was the reason she did "Surviving Compton." In the below video interview with DJ Vlad, she said that she DID NOT want to be portrayed in the film.

Go to the 1 hour 10 minute mark :umad:

Peace

LevelUp

Don't Like My Threads, Blow The Whistle
Daps
got something for this thread i posted in the booth.
wait a minute.

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
You do realize that this makes her look more like a bird, right? :francis:

So basically she just wanted to be acknowledged as his girlfriend in the movie? How does that help the storyline that people came to see....what was going on between the members of NWA and what led to their split?

And she sat by and let "her story" be told in a grossly inaccurate fashion all because she didn't have cameo in SOC? To disparage Dre? :upsetfavre:

Peace

Not at all. I'm sure she wanted to be acknowledged as artists as well and wanted an accurate part of their time together in a relationship in the movie. Like I said, she his babymama and the 1st lady of Ruthless Records; this doesn't make her look like a bird at all :stopitslime:

Let's not play stupid here :comeon:

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
Dre helped make a movie about a small snapshot of his early career in NWA...highlighting him, Cube and Easy. Which wasn't even the very beginning of his career. Dude was some DJ in hole in the wall spots around LA wearing a shiny suit and a S curl before he turned to "gangsta rap." The NWA period was a piece of his career.

And if he paid her off, why in the hell would he rehash the story in a mega motion picture? :comeon:

Peace

:what:

Because the shyt is apart of his story. It's not like not including taking a shyt in your story. That ass whipping made headline news, bruh :martin:

Stop acting and playing dumb :stopitslime: