Results are only viewable after voting.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who's better Lupe Fiasco or the guy with no Wikipedia page :mjpls:
Again this is why ignorance shouldn't comment, K-Rino had a Wikipedia page for many years which I've posted from numerous times. Someone deleted it recently, maybe a troll from here...

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Going through K-Rino's discography is like trying to go the through The Block Brochure 1- 6 :laff:
I don't have time to sit through a 30+ album discography :russ:
You don't have to do anything but the problem is when people act like they are authorities without hearing the music. Lupe had quite a few mixtapes too, I've heard them all...

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Again this is why ignorance shouldn't comment, K-Rino had a Wikipedia page for many years which I've posted from numerous times. Someone deleted it recently, maybe a troll from here...
There aren't any dead links to it :sas2:
And the name is mentioned on almost 30+ pages :sas1:

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I'm talking about in terms of sheer ridiculous output.
I'm listening to some of his music now, so I'm not too biased. :mjlol:
40 feeds his fanbase. As I understand it, he releases everything he records. He stays true to his roots musically as well. Hip hop as a whole would be much better off if all artists did this.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm telling you a fact, you can chose to believe it or disbelieve it but it's a fact. I've posted it before and is probably available here and also there are people talking about it getting deleted online.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Here's a link to a user speaking on K-Rino's Wikipedia page that doesn't even like him....

this thread reminds me of why i love the internet and forums so much.

anyhow, k rino's wikipedia page has long paragraphs more filled with info than established artists, its weird

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K-Rino

He had a Wikipedia page ever since I forgot heard him I think so over 11 years ago ish until very recently.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And that's incorrect, there is a dead link that says it was deleted in May. As you see it was there at least from 2008 which is 7 years ago and it was there even before that....

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So here was the Wikipedia page that supposedly didn't exist ...

Eric Kaiser (born September 9, 1970), better known by his stage nameK-Rino, is an American rapper from Houston, Texas. He founded the South Park Coalition, and John Nova Lomax of the Houston Press described him as "the conscience of Houston rap, king of the Houston battle rappers," and a "true pioneer of Southern hip-hop."[1]K-Rino has released over 20 solo albums and still counting.

Biography
K-Rino grew up in South Park, a neighborhood in Houston, Texas. He began rapping in 1983 and by 1984 he was participating in rap battles and talent shows around the city of Houston. Two years later, he formed a group called Real Chill with two classmates, G.T. and Preppy J, and released a 12” single called “Rockin’It in 1987”. It was also in 1987 that he created the S.P.C. (South Park Coalition) which consisted of several rappers from the area, most of whom attended school with him.[2] K-Rino attended Sterling High School in South Park. Real Chill disbanded in 1988 and that same year he was introduced to another local rapper/producer named Dope-E. In 1988 K-Rino became a part of Dope-E's C.O.D. They released a project in 1990 titled Cummin'Out Doggin'. The group recorded, traveled and performed for 3 years before Dope-E went solo, joining Ganksta N-I-P who had recently signed with Rap-A-Lot records.

K-Rino says when he started out in the industry he was no different from most artists trying to get a record deal, but he says as his knowledge increase of how the industry works it turnt him off it. He said the lack of creative control was the biggest turn off, he said "I don't like people telling me what I can or can't say..plus I like to own 100% of my work.." [3]

First solo album
In 1992, he and his father (Larry Vaughn), started a label called Electric City Records. In 1993, he released his debut solo album titled 'Stories from the Black Book' This album garnered him a large underground following in the southern region. He followed that up with the album 'Danger Zone' in 1995.

Self titled album and label dispute
In 1997 K-Rino signed with Cerebral Records and began production on his 3rd album. Disputes over creative control led to an eventual split between him and the label. The album was released without K-Rino's cooperation and many of the songs were changed. Eventually, Cerebral Records agreed to let him out of the contract and allowed him to return to his Electric City label exclusively. The album was never given a name by K-Rino himself and Cerebral Records released it as a self-titled CD 'K-Rino (album)'.

Return to Electric City
In 1999, K-Rino released his 4th album 'No Mercy'. It was released on Electric City Records. The original title was 'Payback', which was initially intended to be a concept album geared toward lashing out against Cerebral Records. The 'Payback' title was changed to 'No Mercy' and the album was released in January 2000. Many of the 'diss' songs that were directed at Cerebral Records were left off the album. The 'No Mercy' album represented a return to independence and creative control for K-Rino.

2000s
In 2003, K-Rino started a new label called 'Black Book International'. He began to hit his creative stride and started to release an average of 2-3 projects a year making him one of the most prolific artists in hip hop. In 2008 he released 4 albums, 3 of which were part of a 3 disc series entitled 'Triple Darkness'. 2009 was the year his album 'Solitary Confinement' was recorded and released. This CD featured his most popular and controversial song "Grand Deception", which has amassed well over 1 million views on YouTube. K-Rino said "Well I'm a believer in the teachings of the honorable Elijah Muhammad and I've learned so much under that body of knowledge and wisdom so I wanted to put a song together that covered a lot of falsehoods and unknown information that I was blessed to learn. When I say unknown I mean unknown to the average person in the street. Naturally, the people who perpetuate the lies know the truth but a lot of that B.S. has been passed over as facts for years... So 'Grand Deception' was me just combining several categories of info in an attempt to expose the perpetrators of it." [3]

In 2010, K-Rino released his first double disc studio album titled 'Annihilation Of The Evil Machine'. This is the album K-Rino has described as being his best work.

In 2011, K-Rino released two studio albums 'Alien Baby', and 'The Day Of The Storm'.

'Deeper Elevation', and '80 Minute Eternity' were released in 2012.

In 2013, K-Rino pledged to release another five albums. As of September 2013 he has released three: "The Maven", "theRAPeutic" and "Plantation Rebellion".

Recognitions
K-Rino's song "Grand Deception" was listed on "Best HipHop Songs in 2009 – A Top 25 list by Kevin Nottingham" it reached #12.[4] In 2012, K-Rino's album "Deeper Elevation" was a staple in the same website's "Top 10 Smaller/Slept-On Albums: 2012. The website 29-95 placed K-Rino's album "Book Number 7" on the "favorite-houston-albums-decade" and wrote "Houston's greatest rap treasure is a guy who doesn't own a car (fancy or otherwise), doesn't wear jewelry and has never left the South Park neighborhood that is his home and his inspiration.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
How are you gonna compare a rapper that has been rapping for decades to a rapper that has been in the game a little over a decade. Two very different styles, I just don't see the comparison. Looking at things in a vacuum, though I think it's kind of close. Tetsuo and Youth, imo, is the best album of 2015 and I think will stand the test of time as a modern classic. Any weaknesses I thought he had he cleaned up in the past couple of years. I think who is better is more a matter of personal taste, because from a lyrical standpoint, they are about equal, though Rino has better delivery and he can vary his flow to fit the beat better than Lupe imo.

Last edited:

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, I agree the comparison doesn't really make much sense. K-Rino has such a huge advantage cause he has much more quality songs and work. It would be a fairer comparison if it was somebody who maybe has a similar amount of work....

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Obviously the comparison was done simply to troll though not with the objective of having a genuine discussion....