Lux Explains Y he Dissed Smack n URL

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Thats like saying all music artists should not release there music digitally because of piracy.

There shyt will be bootlegged regardless. Smack can create an extra stream of revenue on top of the advertisements, youtube views etc.

I'm jsut tellin you what Smack/Beasley/Chico/Norbes have said on various occasions.

Even tho the bootleg myth of killing views is abit of nonsense, but Smack wont do it.

The majority of Music Artists dont really have a say in to when they can relase their albums or not and the music industry has already shutdown Mediafire (i.e) piracy and made them into a legit site.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Same thing im thinking...Who do you think would take it? Personally I've always thought it would be close, until i watched hollow vs surf.

No disrespect to hollow, but i honestly think he doesnt have a chance. Lux's style is like some straight rapid fire. Whereas hollow is has that slow lazy flow...If hollow gonna come like that then he gonna have to have haymakers every bar to win imo. With little to no filler. And he gonna have to think outside the norm. Not saying its not possible but i just dont see it happening.

Id personally wanna see big t vs lux that shyt would be :whew: big t is creative as fuk ....that tetris bar is out of this world

He should of saved that for incase he battled lux lol
I think if Lux raps how he does on like DVD freestyles and drops, he will 3-0 Hollow BADLY. Hollow will have some dope haymakers I'm sure, but Lux will have haymakers, and crazy wordplay throughout his verses

Unless Hollow has some crazy personal...then I don't see it.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
xlw4jTb.jpg

"Scared money, don't make money"

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Same thing im thinking...Who do you think would take it? Personally I've always thought it would be close, until i watched hollow vs surf.

No disrespect to hollow, but i honestly think he doesnt have a chance. Lux's style is like some straight rapid fire. Whereas hollow is has that slow lazy flow...If hollow gonna come like that then he gonna have to have haymakers every bar to win imo. With little to no filler. And he gonna have to think outside the norm. Not saying its not possible but i just dont see it happening.

Id personally wanna see big t vs lux that shyt would be :whew: big t is creative as fuk ....that tetris bar is out of this world

He should of saved that for incase he battled lux lol

Big T is probably the only nikka in battlerap with the haymakers to beat Lux.

There's only 3 nikkas IMO that can beat Lux if he's rapping like he did against Miles... JC, Verb and Big T. :yeshrug:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've acknowledged that Lux is a great battle rapper., but you guys have watched battle rap long enough. Anybody can be beaten on any given night. Lux is too good to flat out lose, but i think some guys out there can give him debatable battles. Battle rappers write to the level of their competition. These guys would be highly motivated to put on a good performance against Lux.

Lux has been able to create an illusion that surprisingly, a lot of battle rap fans have fallen for. People really seem to think he's unbeatable. The thing with Lux is that he doesn't really have many battles on cam, so it minimizes his flaws. If you look at all these top tier niiggas, they have all experienced the ups & downs in their careers. We have seen top tier guys go on amazing runs where they look damn near unbeatable, and than they suddenly hit a wall, where nothing they do is working. They than have to go back to that drawing board & reinvent themselves. Lux has never had to do that because he battles once every 10 years. As a result, he has developed this mystique about him with these fans.

Imagine if Lux was an active battle rapper and went throught that gauntlet of having to face big t, verb, clips, chilla jones, jc, etc all back to back to back. Do you really think he would come out of that unscathed?

However, we have to look at the current circumstances. As long as he battles every 5 years he will be hard to beat.

As far as Lux/Hollow, Lux should 3-0 him unless he chokes again. I'm not really high on Hollow, especially when it comes to his URL battles. In my mind, he's a grindtime rapper. I'll take a true URL style rapper to get in Lux's ass.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I've acknowledged that Lux is a great battle rapper., but you guys have watched battle rap long enough. Anybody can be beaten on any given night. Lux is too good to flat out lose, but i think some guys out there can give him debatable battles. Battle rappers write to the level of their competition. These guys would be highly motivated to put on a good performance against Lux.

Lux has been able to create an illusion that surprisingly, a lot of battle rap fans have fallen for. People really seem to think he's unbeatable. The thing with Lux is that he doesn't really have many battles on cam, so it minimizes his flaws. If you look at all these top tier niiggas, they have all experienced the ups & downs in their careers. We have seen top tier guys go on amazing runs where they look damn near unbeatable, and than they suddenly hit a wall, where nothing they do is working. They than have to go back to that drawing board & reinvent themselves. Lux has never had to do that because he battles once every 10 years. As a result, he has developed this mystique about him with these fans.

Imagine if Lux was an active battle rapper and went throught that gauntlet of having to face big t, verb, clips, chilla jones, jc, etc all back to back to back. Do you really think he would come out of that unscathed?

However, we have to look at the current circumstances. As long as he battles every 5 years he will be hard to beat.

As far as Lux/Hollow, Lux should 3-0 him unless he chokes again. I'm not really high on Hollow, especially when it comes to his URL battles. In my mind, he's a grindtime rapper. I'll take a true URL style rapper to get in Lux's ass.

Good point.

Swagg Pitt

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can't hate on Lux's rational. It's one thing to cry for more money like some of these other battle rappers (Mook) BUT

Lux came in their and gave them business plans and different avenues to generate even more money for the URL and in return he gets a small percentage of that since he's the main attraction.

I see no reason to hate on him. He's trying to make the best of his situation and get the most that he can within reason. Let's switch shoes, if you were in Lux position would you accept 15k to do it when you know bum ass dudes like Mook got 20k for a trash performance and no replay value at all? No you wouldn't you'd be trying to get the most out of it just like any man would.

Let him get his bread, he deserved it. Half of you cheap fakkits wouldn't even pitch in $2 to make it happen, but cry the loudest demanding shyt when it's free.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lux comes with that "Fake friends, put your tape in and say "That's it", you not around, your +Homies Clown+, they don't +Play That shyt+" style, nikkas can't see him.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
"We gotta sticks together like Chinks at the dinner table
Dope slangers to throat stranglers
Shows? Hoes/hos hang out the rows like boat anchors
Coat hangers, we in arms, launching on no namers
I've been battling Scare Crows, this shyts been a no brainer" - Loaded Lux

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
This look like lux on this tape, WHIPPIN YO ASS :dead:
Hollow my nikka but he can't handle THAT lux.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Few things

I don't like the stance of guys acting as if they should get some get back due to whatever they had going on with smack and the DVD. 1 URL is not smack DVD. And 2 lux mook and whoever is not the only reason smack DVD sold.

URL started with not even a hundred people in a room to the point 2500 will come and that was all before Lux came back. In fact from what I've heard mook lux and others spit on the idea all together but then want some get back once URL got to the top And knocked grindtime off. All this we are pioneers is bullshyt. Should smack owe shellz superwriter supernatural Craig g and juice too? URL was built on all new nikkas that was not from the old smack days besides math and Rex. Lux can mention a few nikkas but smack built these guys up.

Now with that said, if they were trying to form other avenues to bring in revenue then I don't see why smack would not do it. It was encouraging to see that lux understood it was going to take more than what it is now to pay somebody 40k

However all the talk of I work so hard on my craft and to deliver every time in that box talk was laughable. nikka you have battled on cam 3 times quit act like you have put in work. Your beloved cause you from ny. If you were from Detroit no one would give a shyt about lux.
Son dude clearly stated that Smack didnt owe him shyt from the past...Lux was 100% right in what he said..

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

This shyt is a really good point..one thing Lux got goin for him tho..is he's literally a better rapper than most of them nikkas..and that's outside of battling...

Lil Bape the PostGod

Can’t talk to broke boys
Daps
Reppin
Sound sound sound
i was paying 5 (or was it 10$) ?? back in the day for them garbage ass quality smack dvd's...why wouldnt i pay 5$ for a ppv battle??

this nikka smack...from every anti-smack interview ive ever heard...sounds like he's stubbon, and doesnt know how to really do business..