Luxury Fashion is For Broke People

NoirDynosaur

Yurrrrrrrrrr
Daps
Reppin
Planet Earth

Rich people don't actually buy designer brands, the poor do. Luxury fashion brands have secretly targeted the middle class for over a decade, getting people to overspend on Gucci belts, Louis Vuitton bags and other flashy goods.

Most rich people wear basic clothes, they're not out here flexing. They rather invest their money into assets, stocks and businesses. It's mostly broke folks that floss their wealth to look rich.

Black folks in general we need to start creating our own fashion brands. Keep the money within black economics. Unless you're flipping these luxury bags and goods on an e-commerce store like Amazon or Ebay, it's a waste of money.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think what people really mean is that rich people tend to buy the less ostentatious or gaudy items.

So they might buy expensive brands. They're probably not buying the stuff with the big logos everywhere that screams to the world what it is.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Can we stop with this lie....

Cosign. The people who say shyt like this have never spent time around a rich person. I had a rich friend who I thought was super conservative with his money becuase he didn't wear anything with labels or never wore expensive jewelry. One day I looked at the tag of a random sweater he had and that shyt was like $1500. A few months later he showed me 100k patek phillipe he bought (looks like a watch you'd find at walmart).

PP0268_5296R-016_1024x1024.jpg

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

Rich people don't actually buy designer brands, the poor do. Luxury fashion brands have secretly targeted the middle class for over a decade, getting people to overspend on Gucci belts, Louis Vuitton bags and other flashy goods.

Most rich people wear basic clothes, they're not out here flexing. They rather invest their money into assets, stocks and businesses. It's mostly broke folks that floss their wealth to look rich.

Black folks in general we need to start creating our own fashion brands. Keep the money within black economics. Unless you're flipping these luxury bags and goods on an e-commerce store like Amazon or Ebay, it's a waste of money.

Thread was already made

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Materialism is a cancer. Especially for Black Folk.

The other day, them STEM 6-Cert gurus were getting mad when someone called them out on their elitist behavior ans them buying European luxury brads, while looking down on other black folk.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Maybe not.

But you can tell what wristwatch Bill Gates or Mark Cuban is wearing on TV and say "oh that's a Rolex!"

I'll bet ANYTHING you've never seen Bill Gates or Mark Cuban on TV and knew what brand of shirt he was wearing.

That's my point.
This is not a good point, they aren’t the only wealthy people in this country

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

biggest myth ever.. go to any high end luxury store in Los Angeles or Las Vegas, its old rich people buying that shyt up. Or tricking on some young bytch or they wife.

Most rich people dont wear basic clothes other wise large department stores like Nordstrom and Bloomingdales would of been out of business decades ago, who you think fills those stores up at 12 pm on weekdays ?

90% of luxury items are bought by rich people, you just wouldnt know because you dont know what to look for. You see Bill Gates or Jeff Bezos look regular, little do you know that basic tee cost $300 and those basic jeans cost $2000 and those basic shoes cost $600. The brand logo just isnt all over it