Luxury Fashion is For Broke People

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Yep, designer brands certainly cater to wealthy people, but they always market the more gaudy logo centric stuff to the middle class.
They target both audiences not just one.
Wealthy people look at a gucci shirt with a giant logo on it as bargin bin gucci. They still buy gucci themselves just not that stuff.
All of it is for wealthy people. There’s not enough middle class people to target for this to even make sense

P90

Automatic Ultra Reflex
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk where I’m from / Bahston where I’m at
This an absolutely asinine concept. Bergdorf, Neiman, Barneys (before it closed) all luxury dept stores considered regular shopping to people with money. May not be recognizable from logos, but trust brands like Charvet, Brunello Cucinelli, Loro Piana, Isaia, Kiton, John Lobb, Belgian Shoes among other more boutique brands are worn by people with big disposable income. People who say otherwise really don’t run in those circles otherwise they would know.

New England a little different because the prep style and shyt like LL Bean and regular boat shoes also staples.

Fresh

New York Knicks
Daps
I disagree OP, rich people buy luxury brands too, like clothes, luxury cars and luxury watches etc

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
That's also Palm Beach Island which as of 2017 had at least 30 billionaires who reside or have homes in the area
The tracksuit is 5k. Y’all swear only broke people wear logos and loud stuff. My point is broke people can’t afford this stuff

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Yep, designer brands certainly cater to wealthy people, but they always market the more gaudy logo centric stuff to the middle class.
They target both audiences not just one.
Wealthy people look at a gucci shirt with a giant logo on it as bargin bin gucci. They still buy gucci themselves just not that stuff.
Market how? When last time you saw a nordstrom ad on tv ?

Oldschooler

All Star
Daps
If we talking Men's fashion i tend to agree based on anecdotal real life evidence. Meaning no social media flexing. Some of the wealthiest people i know wear simple no name tshirts with regular jogger pants. I'm talking people who are worth $200-300 million and owners of multi million dollar businesses. Some of these folks drive regular ass audis and cadillacs. One person i knew drove a used high mileage mid 2000s escalade. Not worth more than $15k. Most rich people do everything in their power to not stand out for very good reasons. Behind closed doors and amongst their own you might catch them in a ferrari on a weekend.

I feel women are more prone to being attracted to high end fashion but even then the name of the game is to be exclusive and different, they're not buying generic ysl bags. They might go to a specific stylist or boutique designer instead.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
If we talking Men's fashion i tend to agree based on anecdotal real life evidence. Meaning no social media flexing. Some of the wealthiest people i know wear simple no name tshirts with regular jogger pants. I'm talking people who are worth $200-300 million and owners of multi million dollar businesses. Some of these folks drive regular ass audis and cadillacs. One person i knew drove a used high mileage mid 2000s escalade. Not worth more than $15k. Most rich people do everything in their power to not stand out for very good reasons. Behind closed doors and amongst their own you might catch them in a ferrari on a weekend.

I feel women are more prone to being attracted to high end fashion but even then the name of the game is to be exclusive and different, they're not buying generic ysl bags. They might go to a specific stylist or boutique designer instead.
STFU

Van Cleef

Pro
Daps
Stone Island / APC / Acne Studios / Norse Projects. They all have high quality basics, the avg person aint heard of them brands

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
I think what people really mean is that rich people tend to buy the less ostentatious or gaudy items.

So they might buy expensive brands. They're probably not buying the stuff with the big logos everywhere that screams to the world what it is.
Nahh

A lot of idiots think rich people dont buy luxury shyt.