Luxury Fashion is For Broke People

skokiaan

African original
Daps
Reppin
One Africa
The thing is..rich money different colour than poor money. Someone like Bill Gates spending 50k is equivalent to you spending 50 cents. Luxury items to you are basic to them..now when u start talking mega yachts, helicopters, islands :wow:

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
i wonder how much does it really cost to make quality clothing and the material cost?

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
I think what people really mean is that rich people tend to buy the less ostentatious or gaudy items.

So they might buy expensive brands. They're probably not buying the stuff with the big logos everywhere that screams to the world what it is.
Post above answers this mostly
Cosign. The people who say shyt like this have never spent time around a rich person. I had a rich friend who I thought was super conservative with his money becuase he didn't wear anything with labels or never wore expensive jewelry. One day I looked at the tag of a random sweater he had and that shyt was like $1500. A few months later he showed me 100k patek phillipe he bought (looks like a watch you'd find at walmart).

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Can y'all stop using people worth 100B wearing an expensive article of clothing to (small) new money, let alone people 3-6 months away from being on the street?
They can’t. This is a classic trope to shyt on black people

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I think what people really mean is that rich people tend to buy the less ostentatious or gaudy items.

So they might buy expensive brands. They're probably not buying the stuff with the big logos everywhere that screams to the world what it is.
Yep, designer brands certainly cater to wealthy people, but they always market the more gaudy logo centric stuff to the middle class.
They target both audiences not just one.
Wealthy people look at a gucci shirt with a giant logo on it as bargin bin gucci. They still buy gucci themselves just not that stuff.

King Poetic

A.K.A. Duke Illington
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SeaBed
If u drive around Hollywood hills and Beverly Hills around the stores, u see a lot of rich people with expensive shyt.. it don’t have to be the brands u hear rappers talk about or ghetto bytches assume are name brands because thats all they know

You’ll be shock when u walk in a beverly hills store and see a pair of pants by someone u dont know like Billy Ray jeans or Mcmillian suits and the price be like $500 or $2000

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
At what point do people stop pathologizing black people. No, broke people and black people aren't the only ones buying fashion brands. Having Paris Hilton and the Kardashians in your face for two decades should have been enough to convince people that rich people buy luxury all the time. People bring up Bill Gates' fashion as if he's not wearing relatively expensive clothing, not to mention the 100 car garage he has.

The rich men I know aren't buying Gucci anything but they are wearing luxury brands that normal people don't recognize. They all have multiple bespoke suits, they all wear luxury watches that rappers don't rap about (Vacheron Constantin), and they drive BMWs.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
full

PEASÁÑŤ BÀBBĻÊ