Lyft and Uber to leave Minneapolis after council forces them to pay drivers more

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
-So you know 0 drivers in Mpls that make $200 a night, I figured. Nice attempt to change the subject though.
nah, im in vegas :yeshrug: but i assume in any major city, with an airport,that isn't some kind of outlandish claim

the real question is, do you know any uber drivers who are forced to drive uber? i was under the impression that it was adults making a choice

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
...the real question is, do you know any uber drivers who are forced to drive uber? i was under the impression that it was adults making a choice
-Most people that work jobs aren't forced to work them & minimum wage is still enforced at those jobs. This is a weak argument.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
-Most people that work jobs aren't forced to work them & minimum wage is still enforced at those jobs. This is a weak argument.
uber isn't a job. if you can go to work as little as you want, whenever you feel like it, it isnt a job. it's independent contracting. if uber was setting 40 hour schedules for its drivers, i'd be on your side

now, for the 3rd time; will minneapolis be better off if Democrats drive uber out? yes or no?

AllHolosEve

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
uber isn't a job. if you can go to work as little as you want, whenever you feel like it, it isnt a job. it's independent contracting. if uber was setting 40 hour schedules for its drivers, i'd be on your side

now, for the 3rd time; will minneapolis be better off if Democrats drive uber out? yes or no?
-Independent contracting is a job. I have family that do independent contracting for a living & the only difference is a deadline. I don't even have a side on this, I just think you have a weak argument.

-I don't think it'd be better or worse, they don't do anything cabs don't do. Some individuals might be inconvenienced but in the big picture I don't see much changing.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
-Independent contracting is a job. I have family that do independent contracting for a living & the only difference is a deadline. I don't even have a side on this, I just think you have a weak argument.

-I don't think it'd be better or worse, they don't do anything cabs don't do. Some individuals might be inconvenienced but in the big picture I don't see much changing.
i don't have a weak argument, because the vast majority of people agree with me :heh: you're on the losing side of this issue

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
The crazy plot twist is the new immigrants in cities like Chicago and New York will gladly take that pay rate. One person complaining opens the door for others who will gladly take that opportunity. Then you have the rhetoric and babble talking about "they are taking our jobs".

These corporations know this and always have these new driver promotions campaigns setup when many drivers quit. It's a revolving door in corporate America.
See the thing is, inflation is so bad that eventually they’ll end up complaining about that rate soon enough themselves. They’ll pretty much start back on square one

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
When I was Uber driving I was pulling 6k a month. 8k at its peak. People didn't believe me til I showed em my earnings. That shyt paid me well but it was a grind. Paid off so much debt. Bought a car. Bought 10k worth of camera gear. Not sure what more drivers want. I was sitting on my ass all day listening to podcasts and making more than people with masters degrees. They even give out 1200 bonuses every quarter to cover health care :yeshrug:.....that shyt was way better than working in a hot ass warehouse making 500 a week.

Tres Leches

Empire Business
Daps
When I was Uber driving I was pulling 6k a month. 8k at its peak. People didn't believe me til I showed em my earnings. That shyt paid me well but it was a grind. Paid off so much debt. Bought a car. Bought 10k worth of camera gear. Not sure what more drivers want. I was sitting on my ass all day listening to podcasts and making more than people with masters degrees. They even give out 1200 bonuses every quarter to cover health care :yeshrug:.....that shyt was way better than working in a hot ass warehouse making 500 a week.

its people who never worked these jobs taking the side of the losers who cant multi app to make the more $/hour in these forums :mjlol: they would run every single business out of town if they could :mjlol:

AllHolosEve

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
i don't have a weak argument, because the vast majority of people agree with me you're on the losing side of this issue
-People agreeing with you doesn't mean you have a strong argument. People agree with stupid shyt all the time. I can't be on the losing side anyway since I don't have a side to begin with.

DatBoiHawk

HAWK
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I

Its not a salary based job :dahell:

fukk them drivers, shyt got out of hand way too quick. When the cost of an uber at certain times cost more than a fukking rental car, cause these apps got to keep appeasing BUMS who want to do this shyt full time, glorified taxi drivers :camby:

This shyt supposed to be supplemental income and of course idiots fukked it up for everyone

fukk them drivers :pacspit: mcdonalds hiring :pacspit:

I laughed at this post, but cmon bruh you can’t be serious