Maaaaaan, What the fuk is Kurupt even talking about on "New York, New YorK"?

serial

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
wait this is true?

nikkas actin like X wanted problems when in reality that was not the case, Kurupt was around some serious dudes from Rollin 60s at the time. Trust me x would not have wanted that shyt to escalate. Thats why he played it down when has X ever known to be quiet about anything??

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
nikkas actin like X wanted problems when in reality that was not the case, Kurupt was around some serious dudes from Rollin 60s at the time. Trust me x would not have wanted that shyt to escalate. Thats why he played it down when has X ever known to be quiet about anything??

It died down after Kurupt Bodyguard got killed and h turned into Farrakhan

And DMX was being held down by Dee and Wah. Them nikkas as serious as anyone holding Kurupt down

serial

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It died down after Kurupt Bodyguard got killed and h turned into Farrakhan

And DMX was being held down by Dee and Wah. Them nikkas as serious as anyone holding Kurupt down

This is true but as far as pull in Cali dee and wah are not on the same level as Keita Rock or Lil Draws who kurupt was running with at the time.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That was the point of the verse. He was mocking NY rappers. It wasn't supposed to make sense.

shyt makes even less sense then because Death Row was cool with Wu-Tang.

Fred.

Prae

Pro
Daps
Has anyone ever heard some 2pac song remixed over this beat? Might have even been one of those OG/unreleased type verses. :lupe:
I feel like I have and it sounded nice, but I can't remember

King Karim

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Has anyone ever heard some 2pac song remixed over this beat? Might have even been one of those OG/unreleased type verses. :lupe:
lol...sometimes i feel like a history teacher sometimes

the Dogg Pound really took this beat as a jab at Biggie who had just used it for the St. Ides commerical -- back then those st. ides commercials were big ish in hiphop

^^^^^ see this is why Biggie, got on the radio and put the "offer" in the air to go and dump on the dogg pound's video shoot in NYC b/c he KNEW what they were doing with the beat and the message

they were sh!tting on NY and using him on the slick subliminally

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK

I might be wrong...But to me it always sounded like this song had the same sample as the beat for Pac's "All Eyes On Me" and Nas' "Street Dreams"