Maaaaaan, What the fuk is Kurupt even talking about on "New York, New YorK"?

MoneyBags

Dapper Don Don Boss of Bosses Chief of Chiefs
Daps
Reppin
East Side!
Callin Out Names = one of the most terribly freestyled tracks I have ever heard. There's no way he wrote that wack shyt down, I don't believe it.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I been sayin forever that this song ain't really a dis record, and wasn't a dis until the video came out. Before that, it was just Kurupt gettin' on his lyrical-rap shyt that he would drop every now and then.

Just like "Who Shot Ya" isn't a dis record either, but people will feel what they wanna.

jshani

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Col, GA

wasnt really a fan of west coast hiphop but this shyt right here was.....

1aStartWithTheHeadNod2.gif

Kliq_Souf

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
WOL
I always thought he was just showin niccas that West Coast rappers could do that hyper-lyrical shyt too, not just G-Funk.
:yeshrug:

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
What's funny is Kurupt said New York New York was not diss record to NYC. He said it was actually paying homage to them. The reason for Snoop's hook was because Kurupt said he had just got done listening to Melly Mell and Grandmaster Flash. He was repeating the hook of theirs when Kurupt started his second verse. And when they started the video they wanted to put all the dope NY MC's in it at the time, including Nas. But once they got to NYC to film it, and the hook was heard, they ended up getting shot at because some concrete NYC cats didn't like what they heard (assuming it was a diss). So they were packed up and sent home (to LA) and told not to come back due to
possible further shooting attempts. And this is where the video changes. Kurupt said when they got home, they started knocking over ish cause of that incident. Hence NY
NY and Snoop supposedly crushing the NYC buildings. But not really cause they had to film the second day of the video in LA. So they had to knock over their own buildings. Since they were advised not to go back cause of the shooting attempts. Anyway, that's the story behind NY NY. It's not a diss record and yeah they really did get shot at. And Snoop wasn't literally crushing NY buildings. I'm only repeating what Kurupt cleared up and confirmed about that stint. He said all this two weeks ago.

Bingo. Glad you cleared this up. I always figured that that part wasn't a building in NYC. It never looked like it.

Scientific

Bacdafucup
Daps
Reppin
The H
I always thought he was just showin niccas that West Coast rappers could do that hyper-lyrical shyt too, not just G-Funk.
:yeshrug:
Exactly. Never thought anything else of it.

He battles some rappers, and was essentially bragging on how he did it.

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kurupt and Keith Murray really the smartest dumb nikkas ever. They'd use big words and have no clue what they meant

They were both dope when they weren't trying so hard to sound intellectual and just ripped the mic

Lol... Don't ever compare Kurupt to Keith.... Keith Murray would just make up words

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
So maybe I'll go check something out, because I remember buying "Dogg Food" as a kid, and giving it away because it was trash to me. Maybe i'll give it a listen over the weekend or something. Based on this dope interview.
:whoa:
Why did your parents allow you to buy music with parental advisory stickers on them? That music wasnt for children. They should have bought you something like Salt N Pepa, Very Necessary, friend.

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
I packs more knowledge than Confuscius, I'm deadly
Induce you like Medusa, with thoughts to shed
And nikkaz throughout this hemisphere, far and near
Prepare, catch me chillin like the winter
Up against the number one contender, as I enter
Cause I gets heated like friction
Motherfukk your whole jurisdiction, react this fact not fiction