maat ra nubian... should Egyptian culture, be something that WE consider OUR history?

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
:whoo: I notice a ton of conscious folk... gravitating towards that ancient culture.

I notice most amerikkan blacks who hype of africa in general usually say We build this and We did that... and are usually speaking on north africa.

People claim that most american blacks come from west africa:patrice:

So should we be trying so hard to claim these cultures?

Prynce

Daps
I have pan African beliefs so all Africans are one people to me. The cacs do it with Rome and Greece, so we should claim our greater African history also. Also my dad's people had a lot of connections with the ancient Egyptians so Its not a reach for me.

Also Egypt was great but there were other great empires in Africa other than Egypt, I guess people gravitate towards that because its so famous.

Naijan

All outta Gill
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
Thought you do
:whoo: I notice a ton of conscious folk... gravitating towards that ancient culture.

I notice most amerikkan blacks who hype of africa in general usually say We build this and We did that... and are usually speaking on north africa.

People claim that most american blacks come from west africa:patrice:

So should we be trying so hard to claim these cultures?
How is that hard to believe?
About the topic I suggest that west or central Africa should be more of a focus, but you guys can gravitate to any culture doesn't really matter

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Egyptian History is ABSOLUTELY African history you moron. Every African should be proud of our ancient egyptian ancestors.

Be aware though that Egypt was a pleuralistic society composed of whites, arabs, and blacks, but BLACKS were on top. Mindblowing when you think about it.

Daps
Not sure what degree of trying makes it trying hard to claim the culture. Nevertheless, i see nothing wrong with claiming cultures and civilizations that have done great things especially when used as inspiration to do great things in one's own life. Even if found to not be directly connected to a certain region why not draw from ancient ppl to become a better person?

If its for vain argumentative talk with no constructive purpose then nah.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Thought you do
i'm historically, family , culturally, and genetically, Nubian so... :manny:

How is that hard to believe?
About the topic I suggest that west or central Africa should be more of a focus, but you guys can gravitate to any culture doesn't really matter
i didn't say it was hard to believe.

i agree that should be more for of a focus.

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah ofcourse, but at the same time we KNOW we came from west africa. But they wanna rep mythological shyt from 4000yrs ago, tryna look outside ourselves for guidance.

West Africa is our history.

The real egyptians are somalians, eritreans, ethiopians, sudanese and the southern egyptians from aswan

embrace our west african heritage

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Egyptian History is ABSOLUTELY African history you moron. Every African should be proud of our ancient egyptian ancestors.

Be aware though that Egypt was a pleuralistic society composed of whites, arabs, and blacks, but BLACKS were on top. Mindblowing when you think about it.
:patrice: I'm a moron..... but you're the one who somehow gathered that I didn't know Egypt was in Africa....:leostare:

I'm aware of all this bullshyt ur talking about, that's not what i was asking :comeon:

Prynce

Daps
Great Zimbabwe, Ashanti empire, Malian empire, Ethiopian empires, Somali city states/ sultanates, Kanem-Bornu Empire and etc. All powerful empires that just don't have the same fame and influence as Egypt, but they all put in work.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Great Zimbabwe, Ashanti empire, Malian empire, Ethiopian empires, Somali city states/ sultanates, Kanem-Bornu Empire and etc. All powerful empires that just don't have the same fame and influence as Egypt, but they all put in work.
:ehh:

but i know that..

thats not what i was :usure: about.