maat ra nubian... should Egyptian culture, be something that WE consider OUR history?

TRY GOD

BOTH SIDES.
Daps
Reppin
GOD
Yeah ofcourse, but at the same time we KNOW we came from west africa. But they wanna rep mythological shyt from 4000yrs ago, tryna look outside ourselves for guidance.

West Africa is our history.

The real egyptians are somalians, eritreans, ethiopians, sudanese and the southern egyptians from aswan

embrace our west african heritage
Thats not entirely true bro.Kemet's influence is DEFINITELY Apparent in West African history. Do you not think Those west Africans of the Songhay didn't call on the Ancestors of Kemet?

Prynce

Daps
I mean, why is it the main and sometimes Only one black people hype up
Because cacs hype it up and a lot of us feel like they are stealing African history.

Also other African history is not as researched or taught as much as Egypt. Most people just don't know about the other empires, but everybody knows about Egypt.

TRY GOD

BOTH SIDES.
Daps
Reppin
GOD
:upsetfavre:The REAL question is how do we Get back to being great again.

:francis:Having knowledge of all the Great African Civilizations, accomplishments and contributions, Won't do much to help us if we do not get rid of racism white supremacy.

LISTEN TO NEELY FULLER

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
:patrice: I'm a moron..... but you're the one who somehow gathered that I didn't know Egypt was in Africa....:leostare:

I'm aware of all this bullshyt ur talking about, that's not what i was asking :comeon:
my bad. i didn't actually see who posted it. just assumed someone was trying to promote the "egypt aint black narrative" that so many "intellectuals" still like to promote.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Yeah ofcourse, but at the same time we KNOW we came from west africa. But they wanna rep mythological shyt from 4000yrs ago, tryna look outside ourselves for guidance.

West Africa is our history.

The real egyptians are somalians, eritreans, ethiopians, sudanese and the southern egyptians from aswan

embrace our west african heritage
West africa didn't evolve in isolation of other parts of Africa genius. Go read a book or ten on African history, then come back and post friend.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Egyptian History is ABSOLUTELY African history you moron. Every African should be proud of our ancient egyptian ancestors.

Be aware though that Egypt was a pleuralistic society composed of whites, arabs, and blacks, but BLACKS were on top. Mindblowing when you think about it.

Gods natural order :obama:

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I'm a pan African so the answer is simple to me. If its African history it's my history. And if you a REAL African then you're my family :obama:

But on the flip side I always wondered why they down play west African culture because that shyt seemed real piff.

I mean looked at how swagged out these dudes were :wow:
tumblr_lcrv66QI201qc9egw.jpg

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm a pan African so the answer is simple to me. If its African history it's my history. And if you a REAL African then you're my family :obama:

But on the flip side I always wondered why they down play west African culture because that shyt seemed real piff.

I mean looked at how swagged out these dudes were :wow:
tumblr_lcrv66QI201qc9egw.jpg
Truth. Its like nikkas so caught up with proving to cacs Egypt was Black that we don't talk enough about these western sudanic empires. A lot of epic shyt went down in ancient West Africa.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
I have pan African beliefs so all Africans are one people to me. The cacs do it with Rome and Greece, so we should claim our greater African history also. Also my dad's people had a lot of connections with the ancient Egyptians so Its not a reach for me.

Also Egypt was great but there were other great empires in Africa other than Egypt, I guess people gravitate towards that because its so famous.

What're your dad's people?

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Truth. Its like nikkas so caught up with proving to cacs Egypt was Black that we don't talk enough about these western sudanic empires. A lot of epic shyt went down in ancient West Africa.

I think it's a little deeper. I think the only reason they focus on Egypt is because cacs do. Let cacs start trying to prove that Mansa Musa was really white and see how quick these nikkas wanna start reppin West Africa hard.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
So you are half AA?
I'm all AA. Im not Afrocentric, not a pan africanist. I rep black amerikka.

:mjpls:But my people may be different. And parents . And I may have lived somewhere different for a while.