Mad Max spoiler discussion (We praten over de film in hier)

ArchStanton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
and if the screenwriter had one of the girls suggest it, all of a sudden she had the big plan... it would have taken one or 2 lines. may have been the least important eponymous character i can remember.

I see what you're saying, but that doesn't work. The whole idea is that Max had traveled that 150 miles or so already as he's the aimless drifter who has seen sh-t and been places. There's no way it would work with one of the wives, as they are kept under lock and key basically. It would take too much exposition for this film--"oh, I overheard Immortan Joe say there wasn't anything that way, we need to turn around, bytches. Sorry I waited so long to let you know though, but that was a fun chase."

When Max says it, we believe him because we know he's traveled, and we don't need to hear a bunch of reasons why we should believe. That's why Furiosa believes him with little arguing.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You could write him out of most of the Road Warrior as well since that's another case of him getting involved in the conflict of others, but a character is more than the amount of lines. He handled most of the action in the final action sequence out of anybody on the rig. He's the reason they turned around in the first place with an actual plan. He's the reason they got out of that canyon because Furiosa's plan was fukked to begin with. He does so much important shyt in the movie that I can't help but laugh at the notion of him being sidelined or easily written out.

Don't forget he literally saves her life because he's an universal donor.

In fact, Max was the key that glued all the characters together.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i guess you could probably do this for all movies, but you take 1 trait of max and give it to each of the characters and he's rendered a ghost. girl A is a donor, girl B and rogue desert women have plan, Nux drives, etc...

Max was the least interesting character... all im saying. 9/10 movie

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
great movie, give it a 8.5 out of 10, there wasnt really a character I didnt like. I hope there are more mad max movies with Hardy, hopefully we can get something in say 2018

I do have some questions though:

So whats the story with Max being a universal donor? How was that figured out by the war boys

Why was nux the only war boy who needed blood?

Who was that little small guy in the chair back at the citadal, and who was that other guy with the fat feet and ankles

why did the war boys look so much different than the other folks, was that just makeup or was that how they were born

So are there no buildings or roads etc it was just straight dust and sand

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
i guess you could probably do this for all movies, but you take 1 trait of max and give it to each of the characters and he's rendered a ghost. girl A is a donor, girl B and rogue desert women have plan, Nux drives, etc...

Max was the least interesting character... all im saying. 9/10 movie

You could, that's why it makes no sense to me. If you take 1 trait of Captain America and give it to each of the other Avengers he's also rendered a ghost. If you take 1 trait of Legolas and give it to each of the other members of the LotR party, you don't need Legolas at all. But that's not how it works.

"Sprays chrome cocaine mixture in mouth"

WITNESS! WITNESS!

"Offs self"

:wow:

It's not even cocaine mixture or anything. It's just chrome spray. It gives them no adrenaline outside of the fact these guys are so conditioned to believe in Valhalla that they pump themselves up just to die worthy in battle. It's kinda like putting two coins on a corpse's eyes for the boatman of the river Styx. It's just mythology ("You shall ride eternally, shiny and chrome").

great movie, give it a 8.5 out of 10, there wasnt really a character I didnt like. I hope there are more mad max movies with Hardy, hopefully we can get something in say 2018

I do have some questions though:

So whats the story with Max being a universal donor? How was that figured out by the war boys

Why was nux the only war boy who needed blood?

Who was that little small guy in the chair back at the citadal, and who was that other guy with the fat feet and ankles

why did the war boys look so much different than the other folks, was that just makeup or was that how they were born

So are there no buildings or roads etc it was just straight dust and sand

They had a doctor on the squad (the Organic Mechanic), he's the guy that was tattooing Max' medical information on his back and also the guy who did the C-section on Angharad.

Nux wasn't, in the scene where the War Boys prepare to go after Furiosa you can see other war boys hooked up to bloodbags beside him.

The small guy was one of Immortan Joe's sons, he literally tells Rictus (the big manchild, also a son) to check up on pops when they realize Furiosa has gone off-road.

The guy with the fat feet and ankles (it was only one foot actually) was The People Eater, the Mayor of Gas Town, the place Furiosa was supposed to get supplies to and from, similar to how the Bullet Farmer ran the Bullet Farm and Immortan Joe ran the Citadel.

It is make-up. The War Boys are Immortan Joe's troops (battle fodder, as Angharad calls them) and a class below the Imperators (that's why none of the War Boys on Furiosa's rig questioned her decision to go off-road).

There are buildings and roads but since the cities were total chaos a lot of people went out to drift the wastelands. So they're literally in the desert and there ain't too many buildings and roads there (obviously there's a clear road from the Citadel to the Gas Town as we see Furiosa take it).

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
IF WB has a brain in their collective heads they will give the Aquaman movie to George MIller. He's already got a deal in place with WB and he has the perfect sensibilities for it.
Of course I'm gonna need that Mad Max sequel first though.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
Not sure if u seen the original but yea this shyt was trash
:mjlol:The guitar player for no reason at all? Foh

The guitar player was playing music for the war party...the same way people beat drums when they used to march into war....

The same way the Marines played that Valkyrie song when they rushed the Vietnam town with the helicopters in "Apocalypse Now"

But you didnt pick up on that...:mjlol: