Mad Max spoiler discussion (We praten over de film in hier)

cheek100

Truuu
Supporter
Daps
Seen all three of the originals, and the guitar playing fits right in with this universe. If you don't "get it", then maybe you never really got the originals.

The guitar player was playing music for the war party...the same way people beat drums when they used to march into war....

The same way the Marines played that Valkyrie song when they rushed the Vietnam town with the helicopters in "Apocalypse Now"

But you didnt pick up on that...:mjlol:
na I get the war party theme song whole spiel. shyt was just super lame and waay over the top.
The originals were over the top yes but that was a different time.
I went expecting nothing but the same thrill ride I got from the original.. I came out feeling like I got ripped off.
Oh and the theatre was dead ass empty on a Saturday nite.
:mjlol:

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
na I get the war party theme song whole spiel. shyt was just super lame and waay over the top.
The originals were over the top yes but that was a different time.
I went expecting nothing but the same thrill ride I got from the original.. I came out feeling like I got ripped off.
Oh and the theatre was dead ass empty on a Saturday nite.
:mjlol:

You got ripped off because you didn't like the guy playing the guitar?

You live in dead ass side of town....what is your point?

I went to an 11 am Sunday showing in a suburb outside of downtown ATL in a lowkey theater and it was packed

cheek100

Truuu
Supporter
Daps
You got ripped off because you didn't like the guy playing the guitar?

You live in dead ass side of town....what is your point?

I went to an 11 am Sunday showing in a suburb outside of downtown ATL in a lowkey theater and it was packed
Could be I'm in denver. I was just super disappointed with the whole direction of the movie. Shyt dragged on n on.. And I'm a fan of these shyts, even paid extra for 3d, large popcorn butter in the middle AND on top- breh I was prepared! And yea the guitar player REALLY got under my skin for some reason.
Definitely not a classic imo

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
Could be I'm in denver. I was just super disappointed with the whole direction of the movie. Shyt dragged on n on.. And I'm a fan of these shyts, even paid extra for 3d, large popcorn butter in the middle AND on top- breh I was prepared! And yea the guitar player REALLY got under my skin for some reason.
Definitely not a classic imo

I really don't understand....how can you be a fan of that type of movie and not like that movie?

Give me an example of a movie of that genre that you liked?

cheek100

Truuu
Supporter
Daps
The Warriors?
Star Wars?
Flash Gordon?
Blade Runner?

Breh the movie is trash don't get mad

Last edited:

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You could, that's why it makes no sense to me. If you take 1 trait of Captain America and give it to each of the other Avengers he's also rendered a ghost. If you take 1 trait of Legolas and give it to each of the other members of the LotR party, you don't need Legolas at all. But that's not how it works.

It's not even cocaine mixture or anything. It's just chrome spray. It gives them no adrenaline outside of the fact these guys are so conditioned to believe in Valhalla that they pump themselves up just to die worthy in battle. It's kinda like putting two coins on a corpse's eyes for the boatman of the river Styx. It's just mythology ("You shall ride eternally, shiny and chrome").

They had a doctor on the squad (the Organic Mechanic), he's the guy that was tattooing Max' medical information on his back and also the guy who did the C-section on Angharad.

Nux wasn't, in the scene where the War Boys prepare to go after Furiosa you can see other war boys hooked up to bloodbags beside him.

The small guy was one of Immortan Joe's sons, he literally tells Rictus (the big manchild, also a son) to check up on pops when they realize Furiosa has gone off-road.

The guy with the fat feet and ankles (it was only one foot actually) was The People Eater, the Mayor of Gas Town, the place Furiosa was supposed to get supplies to and from, similar to how the Bullet Farmer ran the Bullet Farm and Immortan Joe ran the Citadel.

It is make-up. The War Boys are Immortan Joe's troops (battle fodder, as Angharad calls them) and a class below the Imperators (that's why none of the War Boys on Furiosa's rig questioned her decision to go off-road).

There are buildings and roads but since the cities were total chaos a lot of people went out to drift the wastelands. So they're literally in the desert and there ain't too many buildings and roads there (obviously there's a clear road from the Citadel to the Gas Town as we see Furiosa take it).

Thanks for the info, Joe has some weird and deformed kids. Besides the pregnant women, max was the only one that seemed and looked fairly normal

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
It's not even cocaine mixture or anything. It's just chrome spray. It gives them no adrenaline outside of the fact these guys are so conditioned to believe in Valhalla that they pump themselves up just to die worthy in battle. It's kinda like putting two coins on a corpse's eyes for the boatman of the river Styx. It's just mythology ("You shall ride eternally, shiny and chrome").

Yeah I figured it was probably just some chrome spray, but sprinkling a little cocaine in there sounds cooler :heh:

ArchStanton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thanks for the info, Joe has some weird and deformed kids. Besides the pregnant women, max was the only one that seemed and looked fairly normal

Yeah, that was another reason Joe was going after his wives--remember when they cut out the fetus and found out that the baby wasn't deformed? He lost a genetically normal son. "I had a baby brother and he was perfect in every way!"

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
Hey so I've talked to some of my boys, and as of now we gunna be Warboys for Halloween :blessed:

I'm in good shape now, but ima try and get to another level :blessed:

We gunna have to cop some bald caps though, cause I ain't saving my head :whoa:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Are we sure it was not some sort of drug

I'm actually not sure, unless the comic or whatever makes it clear then I guess there could be

From Miller himself:

"I saw a documentary where young [Cambodian] soldiers would go into war, they had little jaded deities -- and before they ran into battle, they put them in their mouths and just held them with little straps."

Miller went on to add that this film -- nominated for an Oscar for Best Documentary -- was his inspiration behind why the War Boys were spraying their mouths with chrome paint. This was their ritual before battle -- that, like the Buddha, the chrome paint will help lift them to a higher place. It'll help bring them to Valhalla.

http://www.movies.com/movie-news/mad-max-fury-road-chrome-spray-paint/18504

It's simply a ritual playing into their religious belief that after death they'll ride eternally on the highways of Valhalla, shiny and chrome.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
One of these days I'm probably gonna drop a mega post of observations and thoughts about this movie, from the direction to random tidbits and from the music to the stunts and from the characters to the writing and whatever. It's been three days since I last saw the movie and I can probably rebuild the entire movie in my head frame by frame and there's literally so much to say about this movie that's being lost in the shuffle of people all wanting to define this movie for its feminism and not for the fact it's a perfect film in every way I can think of and it's been building up.

So soon...