Madlib & Four Tet - Sound Ancestors (Discussion Thread)

Dontay Flaco

fka King Napz
Daps
Reppin
VA
People already got their preorders shipped. I'm expecting it to leak at any moment now.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:gucci:SMH how is no one talking about this today?

Four Tet helped Madlib bring his Donuts to the masses, Alc dropped a surprise tape out of nowhere today too.. and yet the first page has gossip threads about Timbaland heard from Drake that he wants an Usher v Timberlake Verzuz:mjtf::pacspit:

Got halfway through the album before work and am going to finish the rest tonight when I’m home and in the right mind :obama::smoker:

S.W.A.G.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:gucci:SMH how is no one talking about this today?

Four Tet helped Madlib bring his Donuts to the masses, Alc dropped a surprise tape out of nowhere today too.. and yet the first page has gossip threads about Timbaland heard from Drake that he wants an Usher v Timberlake Verzuz:mjtf::pacspit:

Got halfway through the album before work and am going to finish the rest tonight when I’m home and in the right mind :obama::smoker:

I was looking for a thread and was going to make one if there wasn’t one. I had a skim and love what I heard. Madlib beats with Four Tet expansive yet focused arrangement makes this stand out than just a beat album, and the mixing is hard hitting yet consumable and modern. The music is amazing. I’m going to dig deeper into it.

I hope this will pick up steam shortly and people will slowly get behind this album. Someone like Madlib gains momentum and to me it sounds like a body of work which may lead to that. Surprised if the response to this isn’t of high acclaim