Madlib & Four Tet - Sound Ancestors (Discussion Thread)

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
Alchemist new shyt gonna have to wait cause this Madlib shyt is :whoo:

I'm on my 3rd straight listen and this will be on repeat until further notice

Theme De Crabtree, Road Of The Lonely Ones and Latino Negra were my favorites from the first listen but choosing a "standout track" would be doing this a disservice. The whole album is a standout. For instance, I been replaying the fukk out of Two For 2 and Riddim Chant this go around. It will probably been something different on the next listen. They definitely achieved the desired effect they were going for with regards to having every track seamlessly blend into one another. That made this a very easy listen. Overall amazing project from Madlib and Four Tet.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm a Madlib fan but this is just regular to me, been listening to it for the past week hoping it would catch me but I doubt I'll be revisiting this one too much in the future

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
:wow:Madlib in 2021...instant listen. As far as Four Tet:patrice:, I heard of him when I was getting records from Vinyl Me Please. Dude is alright as far as Electronica is concerned. I'm giving it a listen now and so far so good :manny:.

You can tell there a unique blend between Madlib's crazy grimy sampling and Four Tet's futuristic sound. No compromising at all:ehh: