Making Gumbo for the first time today although I’ve never tasted it. Any tips?

JackRoss

Veteran
Daps
z69udHd.jpeg

f2lhNF7.jpeg

So here’s the finished product, I also made a mango and dragon fruit smoothie and some corn bread. He liked it said it was pretty good. Hopefully we can go to Louisiana so I can try the authentic version.
I never had gumbo. Good job ma'am. You even trying is dope. Add some red 56 to that drink

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
It would work if you use the Malliard reaction

And okay babe, I'll show you a few things, and you can show me few things okay dear.
How would the Maillard reaction work in this case when that is about carmelization and colour development mostly when it comes on to browning meat. The only way that would work in a stuffed pepper is if I used a binding agent.

I’m gonna need you to check my post history.

• Haha
Reactions: jeh

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
Don't Louisianans put potato salad on top?

Can't remember if that's for gumbo or something else. Never seen it in person but I've got enough East TX/LA kinfolk that have casually mentioned it.
lol, making gumbo and cornbread was enough experimentation for one day. No way was I going to attempt American potato salad too as you lot seem so precious about it. Also he’s not eating white starch hence the black rice. If I made purple or red potato salad you lot would flames me so nope!

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
Some do some don’t, my grandpa does.

Only thing I see wrong with the bowl pictured is the color is off and the shrimp isn’t peeled. If he really from Louisiana he could’ve had someone lace you, unless you’re trying to surprise him.

Also, you can buy roux now.
Is it not dark enough? I’ll definitely peel my shrimp next time. I surprised him. What do you mean lace me?

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
How would the Maillard reaction work in this case when that is about carmelization and colour development mostly when it comes on to browning meat. The only way that would work in a stuffed pepper is if I used a binding agent.

I’m gonna need you to check my post history.
Honey, calm down sweetheart. what's with all the vociferously vitriolic. That's unbecoming of a young woman. No need to behave like a totty.

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
Honey, calm down sweetheart. what's with all the vociferously vitriolic. That's unbecoming of a young woman. No need to behave like a totty.
What are you talking about? If you checked my post history you will see what I mean.

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
I just watched this, he sounds like the firefly from princess and the frog. :russ: I browned my roux till it was much darker than his. His roux was his skin colour. My roux was my skin colour.

That dude is hilarious to me.

Dat's Money Dude!!