Malice in the palace(netflix) episode 2(boxing)drops 8-17-21

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This doc is really strange to me. It's presented as Now you'll see the real story with new camera angles and stuff and having JO, Ron and SJ being all sad but I didn't come away from this thinking they were punished too harshly. While Ron said he shouldn't have gone in the stands they spent a large amount on how this was seemingly unavoidable because of other factors. Yeah, it's true that if The Palace had better security Ron wouldn't have made into the stands but he still went into the stands, that's dumb. The pettiest stuff was laying some blame on Ben Wallace because he threw his headband and dissing the cop for thinking a suit wearing Reggie Miller was a fan. So many sour grapes.
Were we watching the same thing? Seems like your missed the point. They were highlighting what all lead up to the explosion in more detail. And they did a great job executing that

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Were we watching the same thing? Seems like your missed the point. They were highlighting what all lead up to the explosion in more detail. And they did a great job executing that

I 100% missed the point of what the doc was trying to say because it tries rewrite history, it's a clear agenda. Yeah, the lack of security and cops mixed with drunk a$$holes is major factor of what happened but when you try to put blame on Ben Wallace and even mention the cop/Miller thing it undermines other points. While the dress code and other stuff Stern did was blatantly racist the bans were and still are justified. JO should be thanking his lucky stars he slipped instead of trying to justify why need he never won a chip.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
This doc is really strange to me. It's presented as Now you'll see the real story with new camera angles and stuff and having JO, Ron and SJ being all sad but I didn't come away from this thinking they were punished too harshly. While Ron said he shouldn't have gone in the stands they spent a large amount on how this was seemingly unavoidable because of other factors. Yeah, it's true that if The Palace had better security Ron wouldn't have made into the stands but he still went into the stands, that's dumb. The pettiest stuff was laying some blame on Ben Wallace because he threw his headband and dissing the cop for thinking a suit wearing Reggie Miller was a fan. So many sour grapes.

Cac alert :mjpls:

Is this Charlie Haddad account? :mjpls:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I 100% missed the point of what the doc was trying to say because it tries rewrite history, it's a clear agenda. Yeah, the lack of security and cops mixed with drunk a$$holes is major factor of what happened but when you try to put blame on Ben Wallace and even mention the cop/Miller thing it undermines other points. While the dress code and other stuff Stern did was blatantly racist the bans were and still are justified. JO should be thanking his lucky stars he slipped instead of trying to justify why need he never won a chip.
:patrice:

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit pistons franchise should’ve moved after this bullshyt. Fekkit ass Detroit cacs don’t deserve a team….. y’all like to talk about Celtics fans but what Detroit fans did was ridiculously worse. :francis:

the way the media painted these brehs after this was disgusting. :scust: ESPN ain’t shyt.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'll never forget when this happened. I was chillin' in my dorm room, and my roommate who was from Indonesia and was on the tennis team came running in the room talking about what happened.

I didn't even have the game on when he came in, he was watching it with some teammates and legit was like...

:gladbron: :gladbron: :gladbron: :gladbron:

shyt was surreal looking back

JesusFOREVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
My Father in Heaven
If episode 2 isn’t from the Pistons side then they can keep it, that first episode was as biased as can be and pretty much threw all the blame on Detroit for the brawl, doesn’t help that people they got to speak for the Pistons was that officer :duck: about not knowing who Reggie Miller is and that delusional fan who Jermaine punched

how Ben Wallace get like 5 lines when he was one of the main reasons for the incident? :camby:

GOAT

The bubble was fraudulent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If episode 2 isn’t from the Pistons side then they can keep it, that first episode was as biased as can be and pretty much threw all the blame on Detroit for the brawl, doesn’t help that people they got to speak for the Pistons was that officer :duck: about not knowing who Reggie Miller is and that delusional fan who Jermaine punched

how Ben Wallace get like 5 lines when he was one of the main reasons for the incident? :camby:
There isn't an episode 2 on the Malice. The series covers different events, Malice being one of them.

OP @Max. is dumb as rocks :mjlol:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
How are y’all coming to the conclusion this is trying to blame Detroit? They specifically stated how they were all cool off the court but the dust up got the fans hyped who thought it was real beef and thus went too far in throwing that cup at artest which set off the whole fight?

maybe JO didn’t do a good job in this, but the point was to highlight how even the legal system found them well within their rights to respond the way they did to fans coming at them yet stern punished them as if they were guilty of all out assault thus playing into the narrative he had a bunch of thugs in his league that he needed tame and civilize. JO has always been far from that. I get you can’t have your players fighting fans, but fans go too far - it’s hypocrisy that the media sits here today outraged at fans throwing shyt yet fans throwing shyt and WWE’ing players 17 years ago is met by calling the players thugs...even if there was nothing new here, it does make people look at the situation differently now that the players have more control of their message and the media decided to wake the fukk up to the fact that fans do too much.