Malice in the palace(netflix) episode 2(boxing)drops 8-17-21

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
I wish they released a lot of these camera angles back then. They 100% blamed the players but I’m glad some of those fans got punishment (though still not enough). That one fan that ran onto the court and got punched still feels like he did nothing wrong. What a scum.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
watching now.

tried to watch whenever Jermaine was on Bomani's podcast because Bomani said it would be out when the podcast dropped and it wasn't out yet, then I forgot about it. :unimpressed:

so far so good. fukk bob costas :pacspit:

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
:ohhh:People really called 911, wow.

:stopitslime:Cop was gonna mace Ron and Reggie?

:unimpressed:As usual Stephen Jackson is telling us how real he is.

Max.

Banned
WOAT
Daps
Untold: Deal with the Devil Directed by Lemon's Laura Brownson, Deal with the Devil looks at the story of Christy Martin, one of the most influential female boxers of all time, who became an unlikely superstar after winning an undercard match at the Mike Tyson/Frank Bruno fight in 1996. The film follows her meteoric rise and subsequent fall when she struggled with substance abuse, domestic violence and a near-death experience.

Untold: Caitlyn Jenner Directed by Betty's Crystal Moselle, this documentary explores Caitlyn Jenner's athletic career, her ambition to compete with the 1976 Olympic decathlon and how her past career informed her decision to transition.

Untold: Crime & Penalties Directed by Chapman Way and Maclain Way, Crime & Penalties looks at UHL ice hockey team the Trashers, a minor league club bought by a trash magnate with mafia ties. When Jimmy Galante put his Mighty Ducks-obsessed teenage son AJ in charge as manager, the team took up a policy of rough play and record-breaking penalty minutes – until the FBI shut them down.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Untold: Deal with the Devil Directed by Lemon's Laura Brownson, Deal with the Devil looks at the story of Christy Martin, one of the most influential female boxers of all time, who became an unlikely superstar after winning an undercard match at the Mike Tyson/Frank Bruno fight in 1996. The film follows her meteoric rise and subsequent fall when she struggled with substance abuse, domestic violence and a near-death experience.

Untold: Caitlyn Jenner Directed by Betty's Crystal Moselle, this documentary explores Caitlyn Jenner's athletic career, her ambition to compete with the 1976 Olympic decathlon and how her past career informed her decision to transition.

Untold: Crime & Penalties Directed by Chapman Way and Maclain Way, Crime & Penalties looks at UHL ice hockey team the Trashers, a minor league club bought by a trash magnate with mafia ties. When Jimmy Galante put his Mighty Ducks-obsessed teenage son AJ in charge as manager, the team took up a policy of rough play and record-breaking penalty minutes – until the FBI shut them down.
lol talk about a major step down

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I wish they released a lot of these camera angles back then. They 100% blamed the players but I’m glad some of those fans got punishment (though still not enough). That one fan that ran onto the court and got punched still feels like he did nothing wrong. What a scum.
They were all blaming the fans right after it happened but then ESPN talked do everyone and made them all apologize and from then on out it was straight blaming the players. But I still feel like that’s key, in the immediate aftermath everyone on that ESPN set was going in on the fans.

shyt would be insane if that happened in the Twitter/social media era though.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dude that threw the cup was the epitome of an entitled cac bytch. I never knew (or maybe forgot) that he was doing interviews popping shyt after the fact. A shame he didn’t get stomped out right then and there.

And that fan they had speaking was a clown too. Acting like him & his friend just accidentally ended up on the court in Ron’s face, knowing damn well they went down there to start shyt. And got the nerve to say JO hitting him was a bytch move. He’s lucky JO slipped on that punch cause if not he would’ve left the building with more than some swollen lips.

Saw someone on Twitter that those fans reminded them of the people that stormed the capitol and that seems real accurate.

The way the media kept saying "tHuGs!" may as well had said nikkas. Smh:hhh:

Bob Costas said it so aggressively he might as well have said the N-word with the hard “er” :mjpls:

Watching this first ep now goddamn Fred Jones got the beats
:laff:

That and Jamal Tinsley grabbing one of the stadium dustpans and holding it like a sword are the two most overlooked parts of the whole situation :dead:

They were all blaming the fans right after it happened but then ESPN talked do everyone and made them all apologize and from then on out it was straight blaming the players. But I still feel like that’s key, in the immediate aftermath everyone on that ESPN set was going in on the fans.

shyt would be insane if that happened in the Twitter/social media era though.

Yeah from what I remember that postgame crew with John Saunders and Stephen A were shytting on the Detroit fans. It wasn’t until the next day when CNN, Fox News, NBC, etc. started covering it that the narrative shifted.

I think if it happened today that MAGA Clay Travis/Will Cain crowd would still be shytting on the players and labeling them as thugs, but I don’t think the media coverage overall would’ve been as bad. A lot of people would’ve probably defended them on social media, including other players.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Detroit pistons franchise should’ve moved after this bullshyt. Fekkit ass Detroit cacs don’t deserve a team….. y’all like to talk about Celtics fans but what Detroit fans did was ridiculously worse. :francis:

the way the media painted these brehs after this was disgusting. :scust: ESPN ain’t shyt.
None of them people were from Detroit that started this shyt. They from a city. That’s the shyt that pissed me off. My city got blamed for dudes who stayed 30 minutes away from Detroit