Malice in the palace(netflix) episode 2(boxing)drops 8-17-21

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Detroit pistons franchise should’ve moved after this bullshyt. Fekkit ass Detroit cacs don’t deserve a team….. y’all like to talk about Celtics fans but what Detroit fans did was ridiculously worse. :francis:

the way the media painted these brehs after this was disgusting. :scust: ESPN ain’t shyt.
:ufdup:A chill. Ain't no such thing as a Detroit cac, damn near. Them white folks ain't from Detroit, the blackest major city in the country. Don't ever try and put us on the level of Boston cause of some frauding ass suburbans. nikkas in the city understood exactly why the Pacers did what they did.
None of them people were from Detroit that started this shyt. They from a city. That’s the shyt that pissed me off. My city got blamed for dudes who stayed 30 minutes away from Detroit
Exactly.

jilla82

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
the internet
This doc is really strange to me. It's presented as Now you'll see the real story with new camera angles and stuff and having JO, Ron and SJ being all sad but I didn't come away from this thinking they were punished too harshly. While Ron said he shouldn't have gone in the stands they spent a large amount on how this was seemingly unavoidable because of other factors. Yeah, it's true that if The Palace had better security Ron wouldn't have made into the stands but he still went into the stands, that's dumb. The pettiest stuff was laying some blame on Ben Wallace because he threw his headband and dissing the cop for thinking a suit wearing Reggie Miller was a fan. So many sour grapes.
this is how I felt watching it.

It all comes down to Artest going in the stands.
He should have gotten damn near all the blame for the incident...

...once he got in the stands SJ & JO kind of had no choice but to help him get out of there (fight).

The stories pre MP were just filler that doesnt matter.
Artest is a bit crazy...end of story.

hood b. goode

shytposter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ProSports: NOLA. College: UMich. Europe: Arsenal
fukk a charlie haddad

Haddad makes his first appearance in Untold: Malice at the Palace around 30 minutes into the documentary, where he’s unofficially introduced by Timothy Smith, who served as the Director of Operations at The Palace at the time. Smith recalled that he’d headed to work that night with plans to revoke the season tickets owned by Haddad and Ron Artest Punch Recipient/Jerry Ferrara Lookalike AJ Shackleford, saying he was already familiar with the duo due to their previous history of undesirable behavior.

Later on, Haddad admits he was being herded toward the exit by security after the game spiraled out of control but somehow managed to magically find himself on the court shortly before his buddy decided it would be a good idea to approach Ron Artiest with his fists clenched (*Ron Howard Narrator Voice*: “It wasn’t”).

While Haddad would obviously love for everyone to believe he was an innocent bystander who was mysteriously teleported to the wrong place at the wrong time, the footage clearly shows him trailing closely behind Shackleford before going after Artest.

A bit later, we’re treated to the testimony of security member Rhonda Wilson, who recalled overhearing a couple of technically unspecified fans who didn’t waste any time trying to figure out how to leverage the brawl into a sizeable payday.
The documentary all but says Haddad and Shackleford were the two people in question, and while I can’t prove that’s the case, I would direct your attention to an article from 2006 concerning a lawsuit Haddad filed against O’Neal in which he claimed the punch had caused him to “suffer migraine headaches, memory loss, trouble sleeping, inability to socialize, and aversion to bright lights and loud noises” (a judge threw the lawsuit out after discovering Haddad traveled to Vegas the day after the Malice at the Palace and continued to take regular trips there, which makes those last two claims especially suspect).

https://brobible.com/sports/article/pistons-fan-punched-malice-palace-documentary/

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
I'm tryin to evaluate this as someone who hasn't been inundated with this story every anniversary of it since I've been following ball. I think there's a lot of things that stem from it that a casual basketball follower wouldn't know about. Even I didn't know how wide spreading the law aspect of things went for these guys.

There's a lot of value for a visual compilation of easily accessible, yet lost to time, narratives. I'm almost done with episode 1, and I think there's definitely value in this being made, even if it seems like the players only cosigned it bc there's enough time separated for them to cleanse themselves (which I can't blame)

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
It really is amazing to see how pervasive the NBA is in the culture. Like it's been a smaller sport than the NFL...and there's not moments like this, or the Last Dance, or Len Bias, or Gobert-covid situation (or the "bubble" solution, which I suppose didn't start with the NBA) coming from the NFL. The Kaepernick fallout is the only massive societal thing I can think of that they produced

it really is a majestic sport.

Gangstar8

All Star
Daps
It really is amazing to see how pervasive the NBA is in the culture. Like it's been a smaller sport than the NFL...and there's not moments like this, or the Last Dance, or Len Bias, or Gobert-covid situation (or the "bubble" solution, which I suppose didn't start with the NBA) coming from the NFL. The Kaepernick fallout is the only massive societal thing I can think of that they produced

it really is a majestic sport.

Cause it's not a smaller sport whole world cares about NBA only Americans care about NFL

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
this is how I felt watching it.

It all comes down to Artest going in the stands.
He should have gotten damn near all the blame for the incident...

...once he got in the stands SJ & JO kind of had no choice but to help him get out of there (fight).

The stories pre MP were just filler that doesnt matter.
Artest is a bit crazy...end of story.

No, it all comes down to that idiot throwing a drink at him. All of the legal experts/judges agreed on that.

If somebody shows up at your place of work and throws a drink at you then you'll remain calm and call security or some shyt?

scorpino

Love Yourz
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn I blame Ben Wallace for throwing his headband and wrist bands. Got that white guy wearing his jersey riled up. Well produced doc but like someone else mentioned not much unreleased footage

jilla82

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
the internet
No, it all comes down to that idiot throwing a drink at him. All of the legal experts/judges agreed on that.

If somebody shows up at your place of work and throws a drink at you then you'll remain calm and call security or some shyt?
being in the NBA is nothing like you working at UPS

Artest made a choice to go up there

Try that on the street and see what happens to you