Man of Steel is the most underrated superhero movie of all time.

Well?

• It is, it is a great movie.

• Nope, it sucks (I only watched it once)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The collateral damage shyt is still the dumbest argument ever.

It happens in every comic book film. But nobody has ever cared until man of steel. And haven't cared since :mjlol:

^trash opinion. Superman is facing a warrior kryptonian in what is Clark's first encounter. He didn't "take" the fight anywhere. It was about survival and it was very much about protecting the planet, Clark damn near dies trying to stop the terraformer and not to mention there are plenty of scenes with him saving people throughout the entire movie. The oil rig, the school bus full of kids, etc.

We've been over this a hundred times and these fools still don't get it. Where was this narrative when Tony Stark fought Hulk in the middle of a populated area. nikka ran right at him and glass rained down on the citizens :pachaha:

Where was this narrative then? :umad:

They covered that in the original superman zod fight,

somehow in man of the steel the city is just magically empty lmao, you see superman saving citizens and he took the battle to a different location when he realized it was getting out of hand

you can't excuse bad writing
plus the man of steel was a rip off of agent smith v.s. neo

superman don't even use freeze breath in both movies lmao

They turned heat vision into cyclops optic blast lmao, them movies are trash

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Show me one where they did. Or better yet tell me why this thread was made?
Literally go on any website that allows user ratings and you will see the majority of the audience liked it.

Just because you're a marvel Stan doesn't stop people from liking this film clown.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Where the gifs @LÍQUIDO :wow:
Every single time @Alpha Male sees another positive vote in this thread :mjlol:

giphy.gif

puggle

Superstar
Daps
I don't know about underrated as a whole but it might have the best action sequences in any cape movie. Snyder never matched the greatness in BvS and Justice League.

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
Greatest Superhero/CBM movie of all time. Beyond that it's my favourite film of all time.
Man of steel made Superman one of my favourite heroes, where as before I hated him.

Plot- Wasn't amazing or magneficent, it was above average relative to its peers though. Notably because it had less Amy Adams. Also didn't set anything up. Seemed more like a one-shot, the movie was contained in and of itself, maybe that worked? It did not feel rushed at all, in fact the movie felt quite slow before the Smallville fight where it turned the dial up to 11. Zod and the Kryptonians as Villains is far better than anything the MCU and DCEU have done since. Combined with the score and visuals, you KNEW if Kal lost then humanity was done.

Visuals and effects- Masterpiece. Just beautifully done, you could feel the power Superman had, The new take on Krypton was out of this word good. I enjoyed the darker filter in some parts especially in Metropolis or when Superman was in Space.

Score- Magestirial, Hans Zimmer killed it. Only Movie OST I've ever downloaded on my phone. "Flight" gives me hope and makes me want to fly and cry at the same time. "Terraforming", "Kryptons Last", "Escaping the Ship" were also magnificent.

Fights- Undisputed GOAT action scenes. Kryptonians as demi-God's was brought into visual and auditory form with great effect. Supersonic punches, destruction on a massive scale. This is what would happen were physics-defying superpowers a real thing.

People criticize Superman but don't realize Zack did a realistic take on the character and I love him for that. Of course he is going to be shy and withdrawn at first, he is a freak, an outsider. Also Faora was his first fight ever, who else was he supposed to fight before that? They would be a red smear.

My fukking God.

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Greatest Superhero/CBM movie of all time. Beyond that it's my favourite film of all time.
Man of steel made Superman one of my favourite heroes, where as before I hated him.

Plot- Wasn't amazing or magneficent, it was above average relative to its peers though. Notably because it had less Amy Adams. Also didn't set anything up. Seemed more like a one-shot, the movie was contained in and of itself, maybe that worked? It did not feel rushed at all, in fact the movie felt quite slow before the Smallville fight where it turned the dial up to 11. Zod and the Kryptonians as Villains is far better than anything the MCU and DCEU have done since. Combined with the score and visuals, you KNEW if Kal lost then humanity was done.

Visuals and effects- Masterpiece. Just beautifully done, you could feel the power Superman had, The new take on Krypton was out of this word good. I enjoyed the darker filter in some parts especially in Metropolis or when Superman was in Space.

Score- Magestirial, Hans Zimmer killed it. Only Movie OST I've ever downloaded on my phone. "Flight" gives me hope and makes me want to fly and cry at the same time. "Terraforming", "Kryptons Last", "Escaping the Ship" were also magnificent.

Fights- Undisputed GOAT action scenes. Kryptonians as demi-God's was brought into visual and auditory form with great effect. Supersonic punches, destruction on a massive scale. This is what would happen were physics-defying superpowers a real thing.

People criticize Superman but don't realize Zack did a realistic take on the character and I love him for that. Of course he is going to be shy and withdrawn at first, he is a freak, an outsider. Also Faora was his first fight ever, who else was he supposed to fight before that? They would be a red smear.

My fukking God.

real talk right here

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know about underrated as a whole but it might have the best action sequences in any cape movie. Snyder never matched the greatness in BvS and Justice League.
Batman wearhouse fight scene was dope as hell.
Besides the Winter Soldier, the fights in the MCU have been okay at best, imo. Whereas DCEU have been more hard hitting