Marco Polo Season 1 on Netflix Official Thread

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
just found out about this piff:blessed: and already watched the entire season in two days. what other shows like this are out there

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Hundred eyes stand alone was fukking dope and to me just drove home the point that this show would be better without the lead character,marco polo.

Show shoulda just been called khan and have him as the main star.

:ohhh: Or they can make a spinoff centered on Genghis on his come up and after. Might be boring though since it would be about a dude who didn't take any Ls. :wow:

skokiaan

African original
Daps
Reppin
One Africa
just seen and completed both seasons...:ehh:

the khan:bow::bow:

marco:russell:...maybe we are made to see everyone the way he saw them:lupe:

was that death or christianity who came and wiped whole villages :damn:

Daps
Bumping this thread.

Really wish Netflix brought this back. It's clear there was a coordinated effort by white media to tank this show. Not sure if it's because Harvey Weinstein was the executive producer....or if it was because the cast was damn near all Asian (probably this).

Marco was just there to guide us along in the story. I don't think he's meant to be "interesting." Kubilai (Benedict Wong) should have won awards for this shyt.

Daps
Bumping this thread.

Really wish Netflix brought this back. It's clear there was a coordinated effort by white media to tank this show. Not sure if it's because Harvey Weinstein was the executive producer....or if it was because the cast was damn near all Asian (probably this).

Marco was just there to guide us along in the story. I don't think he's meant to be "interesting." Kubilai (Benedict Wong) should have won awards for this shyt.

Yep. Kubilai made me believe. S2 wasn't as good as s1 but I would have continued watching.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Bumping this thread.

No conspiracy needed. The media just decided before the pilot aired that the were going to compare it to peak Game of Thrones, and trash it for not being the same type of show. Even though it never was trying to be.

It wasn't coordination, just laziness.

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
I can't believe people was writing this off and comparing it to game of thrones. This is nothing like game of thrones and the series Is dope.

people are dumb idiot zombies who need to rely on reviews and word of mouth to co sign and enjoy a show. Truly pathetic. The comparisons are lazy and weak.

The show is excellent and the reason why it’s not called The Great Khan is because an all Asian cast would NOT get green lit nor the budget for this piff. I am grateful we got two seasons at least. A historical fiction based showed centered around Asian dynasty’s is dope.

Daps
people are dumb idiot zombies who need to rely on reviews and word of mouth to co sign and enjoy a show. Truly pathetic. The comparisons are lazy and weak.

The show is excellent and the reason why it’s not called The Great Khan is because an all Asian cast would NOT get green lit nor the budget for this piff. I am grateful we got two seasons at least. A historical fiction based showed centered around Asian dynasty’s is dope.

My favorite characters were Kublai, his cousin, and my nikka Hundred Eyes :wow::wow::wow:

Daps
Show had everything people love: charismatic characters, naked broads, good action sequences (Hundred Eyes and Jia Sidao shyts on ANY Game of Thrones knight/soldier) etc.

The cost to make the show was high as fukk but it didn't feel like they advertised it all that much. Really wish HBO or someone had gotten their hands on it.

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
This was a good show but man people on the coli and otherwise are logo whores

Slap HBO on the very same show and motherfukkers would have been breathless over this