Marvel's The Defenders - Netflix (Official Thread)

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Don't understand how a billionaire is running around with no security and his company/associates not giving af

That's why Bruce had all those alibis when he wanted to do some Batman ish for a long period of time.

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster
Reading these testimonials got me feeling some type of underwhelming way.

Just hope it's typical coli's bootleg Sisqo and Eberts being overly critical.

Didn't even watch more than 3 episodes of Iron Piss and never went past the first for Jessica Jones (DD and Luke Cage were theater quality pieces).

And it's only 8 episodes long? You'd think they condense it into some heat. Fakk.

Now i don't feeling a compelling rush to watch it. Will do it after work one of these days this week.

NOTE: If this shiit turns out to flames as fidduck... i'm writing the Film Room off forever.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Reading these testimonials got me feeling some type of underwhelming way.

Just hope it's typical coli's bootleg Sisqo and Eberts being overly critical.

Didn't even watch more than 3 episodes of Iron Piss and never went past the first for Jessica Jones (DD and Luke Cage were theater quality pieces).

And it's only 8 episodes long? You'd think they condense it into some heat. Fakk.

Now i don't feeling a compelling rush to watch it. Will do it after work one of these days this week.

NOTE: If this shiit turns out to flames as fidduck... i'm writing the Film Room off forever.

IMO, shyt doesn't get popping off until episode 4

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I thought it was "aight". The chemistry between Cage, DD and JJ was the high point.

Unfortunately, outside of DD

Limitations in fight choreography (the other actors don't wear masks, so no stunt doubles)

+

Limitations of the netflix budget in showcasing big powers

=

Largely meh fight scenes that require a lot of camera cuts

I didn't really care much for Signourney Weaver either, and in truth I was bored of the whole hand/ninja stuff. I "get" why they had to see it through, but I would've preferred new (and formidable) villains, or just something a bit more fresh. I've already seen Colleen fight that one guy from the Hand with all the same sappy dialogue. A couple other retreads like that where I was like, ...ok.

A number of yall said 7/10 and that feels about right. Tbh I probably would've enjoyed it more if Kingpin and Punisher were somehow able to be involved, b/c if the fighting is subpar then I need more charismatic characters/subplots to make up for it.
Agree with most of this except the chemistry and rating. I think grace randolph hit the nail on the head on what they got wrong regarding the team aspect. And defenders was not a 7 that is too kind. 6.5 at most

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I finished it at 5:30 am. Y'all were really expecting more than a team-up? This was pretty good. I think they did their best at interweaving the storylines. Hell, with a group like this, you're supposed to keep them together as much as possible, an let them play off each other. They definitely did that. The one thing I think hurt it was the supporting cast. They virtually did nothing, but be present. I wish that they would've had Claire interact with Foggy & Misty more...after all, she is the piece that has relationships with them all. They could've had all of them interact more. They also could've expanded Misty's role...put her in the action, or had her investigating. Now for the points

-How could anyone hate Iron Fist after this? It's clear that all of the gripes that people had about s1 (except the Meachums) was planned. He was the laughing stock by everyone - the squad, Colleen, The Hand, Stick - he's the worst and stupidest Iron Clad ever. I'm now excited to see where s2 gos- he's gonna need a villain tho.
- Jessica Jones is the X-Factor. Every scene she had, she was killin it. And she had great chemistry with everyone. I love that she has a lighter tone, but still an a$$hole. And she's still foul...keeping on clothes from days ago with brain matter on still on it.
-Misty
I'm glad they went there
:ohhh::ohhh:
-The fight scenes were better. They didn't try to hide that DD has the best fighting choreography. I loved Elektra's style as well.
-Stick
-They really need to figure out what to do with Luke next. He was the only one without groundwork laid for next season
-DD - do we get Born Again? "Maggie":ohhh:
-Gao still a beast.
- I'm cool with there not going to be Iron Fist & Misty. It doesn't fit with their characters
-I only see a Heroes for Hire series down the line, with Luke & Danny's series merging. I think Danny ends up taking over for DD, like the Devil in Cell Block D...and then gets a costume. They laid none of the foundation for the Daughters of the Dragon, unless they replace Misty with Claire as White Tiger. Jessica Jones & DD probably continue as solos, and maybe they add a Moon Knight series.
-Overall, I LOVED it. I give it a good 7.5-8.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought it was "aight". The chemistry between Cage, DD and JJ was the high point.

Unfortunately, outside of DD

Limitations in fight choreography (the other actors don't wear masks, so no stunt doubles)

+

Limitations of the netflix budget in showcasing big powers

=

Largely meh fight scenes that require a lot of camera cuts

The fighting with Cage and JJ is pretty much what it should be. Jessica can't fight for shyt, she just happens to have super strength. Luke has some basic fighting skills but he holds back so as not to kill anybody.

Aluminum Fist is why there's all those cuts. He also slows down the overall fight choreography because he's a few steps slower than everyone else.

I don't think the budget was a much of an issue either. It's not like the characters they're using have flashy powers. It's just super strength and a glowing fist. They were just weren't being as creative as they could with things. Look at some of the fights in Luke Cage and compare how his super strength is used there compared to Defenders.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Just finished the season

It was rushed and had wayyyyyyy too much Limp Wrist screen time but it wasn't a total waste.

I hope it's a one and done and future iterations focus solely on the solo characters. This could have easily been a better season of Daredevil, Luke Cage, or JJ

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
Just finished it and it was aight

The fight scenes were trash in the last fight

What I enjoyed most was the character interactions mainly DD, luke and Jessica

Danny was fukin annoying :hhh: he continues to be trash even when the plot is centered around him def gon skip IF S2

and how was Electra so strong all they did was resurrect her:dahell_katt: she wasnt all that in DD

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
don't deny D'nofrio, Kingpin was also really good. These shows outside of DDS1 (which has plenty of down time) and part of Luke Cage have been carried by the "bad guys" even dude who played Ward was the best character on IF.

I need Madame Gao to get the fukk out already. not done wit this so i'm hoping she bites it, but watching her "fight" is comical and she's just such an ugly woman I'm sick of looking at her

:russ: