Marvel's The Defenders - Netflix (Official Thread)

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
ESPECIALLY given that the whole street level, "operating in the shadows to stay off the Avengers radar" shyt from S1 of Daredevil was nullified by Civil War. If Tony Stark discovered Spiderman from a YouTube video, I know he saw Luke Cage fighting Diamondback in the "recommended videos" panel on the right :skip:
:dead:

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know it's beating a dead horse, but the biggest disappointment in this show was the fact there were no callbacks to the greater MCU. I get it; we're not gonna see RDJ or Benedict Cumberbatch in any of this..but shyt can we get some sort of bone thrown? Someone ask them if they're Avengers, or break out a gun made from Chitauri/Ultron technology...they did it in Luke Cage, why the fukk not here?
exactly breh you mean to tell me they couldn't have The Hand some how get access to some of the Chitauri armored suits that Hydra had at the begin of Age of Ultron to use against luke cage and to give him a bit of a challenge to over come in the story and a chance to show some better fight choreography that we haven't seen up to this point from cage​

latest

latest

latest

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
laughing-computer-srhdvp68O9wzK

ESPECIALLY given that the whole street level, "operating in the shadows to stay off the Avengers radar" shyt from S1 of Daredevil was nullified by Civil War. If Tony Stark discovered Spiderman from a YouTube video, I know he saw Luke Cage fighting Diamondback in the "recommended videos" panel on the right :skip:

:russ:

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Did Danny actually fight whoever destroyed Kun Lun?......
Who destroyed Kun Lun?.......
I thought he beat the dragon why is he saying he did he not finish his training?

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching

Mention the Sokovia Accords :mindblown: And stop calling the Avengers movie "The Incident"

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Mention the Sokovia Accords :mindblown: And stop calling the Avengers movie "The Incident"
I don't have a problem with them calling it "the incident" We don't call 9/11 "the day the towers were knocked down by terrorists" we call it 9/11. "We don't call Pearl Harbor, "the sneak attack in the pacific" We call it Pearl Harbor. We don't call Katrina "the day the levy's broke during a hurricane. We call it Katrina, Seems like it make sense for them to refer to a well known conflict as "the incident".

Last edited:

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
I don't have with them calling it "the incident" We don't call 9/11 "the day the towers were knocked down by terrorists" we call it 9/11. "We don't call Pearl Harbor, "the sneak attack in the pacific" We call it Pearl Harbor. We don't call Katrina "the day the levy's broke during a hurricane. We call it Katrina, Seems like it make sense for them to refer to a well known conflict as "the incident".

Call it the Invasion and actually admit there's weird shyt out there instead of being constantly shocked by everything.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Call it the Invasion and actually admit there's weird shyt out there instead of being constantly shocked by everything.
I admit I like that better. Seems like what we would really call it if we fought off an alien attack in real life.
I think they should just mention all the big cataclysmic events only. Sokovia and The incident are memorable for all time, The smaller stuff like in Washington DC(Both in homecoming and Winter Soldier) would be all over news for like a year before becoming cliff notes in history, except to people who have personal investments.
What I thought was most jarring in that no one in Harlem mentions the Hulk incident.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
The noir vibe works for daredevil cause the intellectual property is rich, alot of personality, storylines and a solid base of villains.

It works for Jessica Jones cause, well, she's a detective, and they made her into a major a$$hole to offset the dry vibe

Luke Cage semi-works cause they gave his villains extra personality and they've got hip-hop + a legacy of black american culture to leech off of

Iron Fist didn't work cause (marvel falls back from heavy chinese mysticism for unknown behind-the-scenes/higher up political reasons, and) the character of danny rand isn't interesting enough to just rely on the noir vibe. They could have made him brooding like matt murdock but in a different way, but they didn't. He's always asking dumb questions. They gave him colleen to play off of but fukked up their earlier dynamic by making them lovers. Now they both sit around tossing around slow dialogue, figuring situations out 20 minutes later than everyone else in the script and having 3rd grade epiphanies. It's like they're doing to danny rand what coates is doing to t'challa

Last edited:

Barbados Slim

All Star
Daps
Just finished it, bit late to the party....6/10 from me and I'm tryna be generous
:francis:
Felt like a real let down overall, like that Iron Fist sickness infected the whole show.

Wanna read up on who had lead in writing/directing for this one as it's really disappointing.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Just finished it, bit late to the party....6/10 from me and I'm tryna be generous
:francis:
Felt like a real let down overall, like that Iron Fist sickness infected the whole show.

Wanna read up on who had lead in writing/directing for this one as it's really disappointing.

After reading the comments including yours I will probably skip this show.

The most I will do is go back and watch Dare Devil for the first time and watch for Jessica Jones to drop.

ALL of these shows seem to dark. The dark them to me fits Jessica Jones. :manny:

Luke Cage started off good but then got to the point where I couldn't watch anymore :manny:

Iron Fist never sparked my interest after watching the trailers.

Unfortunately, these Netflix characters will forever be in the shadow of the MCU which is a huge shadow.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Bout to run now, I know this shyt gonna have my ass up all night :francis:

Should just wait until the storm this weekend