Matt & Jeff Hardy Want To See More Entertainment-Based Angles in AEW. Guess Why.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
In the latest episode of the Extreme Life of Matt Hardy (via Wrestling Inc), Matt Hardy said that he would like to see more entertainment-based angles in AEW, as he feels the wrestling will ‘always be there.’
He said: “I would like to see a little more story and entertainment-based stuff into characters and whatnot in AEW. To … draw more casual fans in and not just hardcore wrestling fans, I feel like they’re there and the wrestling is always going to be there — that’s what Tony loves. It is such a hard-working locker room and they have set the standard so high for matches that it gets harder and harder, and tougher and tougher to top those things. I think these guys are having such great matches week in and week out I think it’s tough to top all this stuff over and over.
Jeff Hardy added: “That’s where my best performing comes from, is just in the acting leading up to the matches. Not just in the ring during the matches, but showing people another side of me.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In the latest episode of the Extreme Life of Matt Hardy (via Wrestling Inc), Matt Hardy said that he would like to see more entertainment-based angles in AEW, as he feels the wrestling will ‘always be there.’
He said: “I would like to see a little more story and entertainment-based stuff into characters and whatnot in AEW. To … draw more casual fans in and not just hardcore wrestling fans, I feel like they’re there and the wrestling is always going to be there — that’s what Tony loves. It is such a hard-working locker room and they have set the standard so high for matches that it gets harder and harder, and tougher and tougher to top those things. I think these guys are having such great matches week in and week out I think it’s tough to top all this stuff over and over.
Jeff Hardy added: “That’s where my best performing comes from, is just in the acting leading up to the matches. Not just in the ring during the matches, but showing people another side of me.

I have no dog in this race but most of AEW matches have an story behind them and yes sometimes dream matches happen alot but in your personal opinion what story/entertainment factor is head and shoulders over the Swerve story? To be honest i don't think there is a such thing as a "casual" anymore.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
I have no dog in this race but most of AEW matches have an story behind them and yes sometimes dream matches happen alot but in your personal opinion what story/entertainment factor is head and shoulders over the Swerve story? To be honest i don't think there is a such thing as a "casual" anymore.
I think that Swerve & Prince Nana are the best characters in AEW, but Swerve doesn't really have a story, per sé. He just goes out and wrestles.
As far as an actual story with a plot, I think that the Shane Taylor/Keith Lee saga is really entertaining, and should be featured on tv more. Unfortunately, those brehs only get a few minutes backstage every Saturday, but they interest me more than MJF/Cole or the Devil storyline that Tony Khan keeps forgetting to advance.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
AEW should be anti entertainment. fukk it. Go the complete counter culture route. Don’t even try to convert casual infrequent watchers into full time watchers. Give up on the internets definition of “growth” and just go all the way with being an alternative

They’re at the point where they have a big loyal fanbase and are securely the #2 company. Live in that completely

Leave the MJF ambulance angles and all that silly shyt to WWE and just be the wrestling company built around wrestling quality. If the audiences continue to stagnate, so be it

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I think that Swerve & Prince Nana are the best characters in AEW, but Swerve doesn't really have a story, per sé. He just goes out and wrestles.
As far as an actual story with a plot, I think that the Shane Taylor/Keith Lee saga is really entertaining, and should be featured on tv more. Unfortunately, those brehs only get a few minutes backstage every Saturday, but they interest me more than MJF/Cole or the Devil storyline that Tony Khan keeps forgetting to advance.
To me swerve story is simple he stabbed ketih lee in the back. formed a heel faction, slowly been going threw the ranks to be the first black champ in AEW. I just think people are (not you) are so used to the only thing they watched was WWE they expect the other product to be just like it or resemble it. I don't think cater to the "casuals" will help them but they can try to grow their audience and do better with recapping shyt. Most people that watch WWE got to be reminded every ep of storylines where in AEW they expect you to remember a spot 2 months ago without it being mentioned. Even when KL and swerve was a tag team Swerve wanted more and was willing to do anything to get it vs his partner wanting to do everything by the book.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
To me swerve story is simple he stabbed ketih lee in the back. formed a heel faction, slowly been going threw the ranks to be the first black champ in AEW. I just think people are (not you) are so used to the only thing they watched was WWE they expect the other product to be just like it or resemble it. I don't think cater to the "casuals" will help them but they can try to grow their audience and do better with recapping shyt. Most people that watch WWE got to be reminded every ep of storylines where in AEW they expect you to remember a spot 2 months ago without it being mentioned. Even when KL and swerve was a tag team Swerve wanted more and was willing to do anything to get it vs his partner wanting to do everything by the book.
I had honestly forgotten about Swerve vs Keith Lee since we never got a singles match from them, or a conclusion. I could be wrong, but I don't remember anything really happening between them after the cinder block spot. I do think Swerve vs Keith Lee could've been a huge event, but it just kind of fizzled out, IMO.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
93f.jpg

TL15

Veteran
Daps
He’s right.

They have incredible talent on the roster and if they are able to couple that with amazing stories, it’s a win.

Guys like Omega, Hangman, MJF, etc. are really great talent who if given great stories can become stars bigger than they are :manny: