Matt & Jeff Hardy Want To See More Entertainment-Based Angles in AEW. Guess Why.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
More from Jeff Hardy:

In the latest episode of the Extreme Life of Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy spoke about how he’s starting to feel like a ghost in AEW, comparing it to his final months in WWE. Below are some highlights (via Fightful):

Jeff Hardy on how he felt in his final months in WWE: “There were other times where I felt like a ghost, roaming the halls like, ‘why am I even here? I don’t feel important.’ I kept doing my deal and would show up and do whatever they wanted me to do. I’ve never been a politicker so I don’t go out of my way to try and get a certain spot or achieve a certain status.”

Hardy on how he’s feeling now in AEW: “When I first came back, it was pretty exciting, I didn’t know what was going to be happening in the near future. The last time I was in this extreme dimension of your podcast, I said in WWE I felt like I was a ghost just walking around backstage. Honestly, I kind of still feel like that at AEW just because not being involved in something cool, and I feel like there is something so special that we have within us to really bring out, and that brings me to things with ego. Honestly, I’m in a place in my life where wearing this Jeff Hardy (shirt), I feel like a goofy goober for wearing my own shirt. ‘Why does this feel so goofy to wear my own shirt?’ My thing has always been, there isn’t much difference between the in-ring performer Jeff Hardy and the reality and human world Jeff Hardy.”

On how he needs to bring his ego back: “At the show the other night, at the concert, I talked about ego, and another wrestler said, ‘You’ve never had an ego,’ but I think I need to bring my ego back ten times more intense than it was when I was the anti-Christ of professional wrestling. It feels like it’s inevitable. It feels so right. You have to create the moments yourself and when you’re passionate about something, and little by little, we’re eventually going to get there.”

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
The Indian giant wants stories, too:

During a recent interview with Sportskeeda Wrestling’s Riju Dasgupta, AEW talent Satnam Singh discussed his lack of activity throughout this year, wrestling in only 10 matches. Below are some highlights:

Satnam Singh on waiting for the right story in AEW: “I think with me you have to figure out the stories, it’s like there’s so many wrestlers over there right now. It’s almost like over 300 wrestlers, you know? So we try to put everything together so we have like almost — I think we have like four shows in a week. Like on a Wednesday we have ROH, Dynamite, and Rampage, and then on Saturday, we have Collision, then ROH. So we have a lot of shows going on.”

Singh on his plans for AEW after returning from visiting his family in India: “I talk to Sonjay Dutt, and I talk to Jeff Jarrett, and also Jay Lethal ‘So what’s the story? What’s going on? So, I think when I come back from India, we will start going back on the road. There will be stories for sure. But we are taking a break for a couple of weeks.”
Another guy who should be lucky he is still under contract, man hasn't had a match in over 3 months.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Another guy who should be lucky he is still under contract, man hasn't had a match in over 3 months.
Who's fault is that?
Tony Khan Aew GIF - Tony Khan Aew All Elite Wrestling GIFs

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Satnam isn't the boss. You don't blame the employee when the owner won't put him on the schedule.
And why should an employer continue to schedule someone who is subpar at the expense of better performing employees? Just because someone is on the payroll doesn’t make them entitled to be scheduled.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
And why should an employer continue to schedule someone who is subpar at the expense of better performing employees? Just because someone is on the payroll doesn’t make them entitled to be scheduled.

because pro wrestling isn't and never will be a meritocracy. He's only subpar on the scale of "workrate" (something that is entirely subjective in itself), but he could easily be an attraction for the company if booked properly because 7'3'' guys with decent enough athleticism don't walk through the door on a regular basis.

If you take your nephew or a homie to an AEW show, I guarantee they'll remember the 7'3'' guy over most of the things on the show. He doesn't need to be wrestling 20 minute matches every week, but there should be a place on the show for someone like that. Same goes for Omos as well.

At the very least put someone that imposing as the bodyguard of someone relevant on the card instead of a mid-card borderline comedy act like Jeff Jarrett. Back when MJF and Wardlow split, he could've been the "next" bodyguard for MJF the way HBK replaced Diesel with Sycho Sid.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
If your boss had that mindset they would've never let you work the french fry station, Kentucky. If the big Indian goofball is on the staff, then it's on Tony Khan to find a way to utilize him. At the very least, he could play the Diesel role for somebody & Khali chop a guy every once in a while for his kayfabe employer.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
If your boss had that mindset they would've never let you work the french fry station, Kentucky. If the big Indian goofball is on the staff, then it's on Tony Khan to find a way to utilize him. At the very least, he could play the Diesel role for somebody & Khali chop a guy every once in a while for his kayfabe employer.
Panera didn’t have french fries! And they were satisfied to have a warm body show up to work!

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
because pro wrestling isn't and never will be a meritocracy. He's only subpar on the scale of "workrate" (something that is entirely subjective in itself), but he could easily be an attraction for the company if booked properly because 7'3'' guys with decent enough athleticism don't walk through the door on a regular basis.

If you take your nephew or a homie to an AEW show, I guarantee they'll remember the 7'3'' guy over most of the things on the show. He doesn't need to be wrestling 20 minute matches every week, but there should be a place on the show for someone like that. Same goes for Omos as well.

At the very least put someone that imposing as the bodyguard of someone relevant on the card instead of a mid-card borderline comedy act like Jeff Jarrett. Back when MJF and Wardlow split, he could've been the "next" bodyguard for MJF the way HBK replaced Diesel with Sycho Sid.
Now dudes are caping for the green giant. :mjlol:

Calling him an attraction because he’s tall, but where’s Omos at? :mjlol:

“Decent athleticism”? I can tell you haven’t seen him in action during 6 man tags. :mjlol:

Thinking someone will remember a tall guy because he’s tall when there’s a bunch of crazy moves going on in the ring from multiple guys who stand out more than a bland tall guy. :mjlol:

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Bully Ray weighed in on the situation on Busted Open Radio:

“If I’m Matt Hardy, and I’m one-half of the Hardy Boys, one of the greatest tag teams still walking the planet and a tag team that will go down in history, I am definitely wondering to myself, ‘Why are we being used the way we’re being used?'” Bully noted (per Wrestling Inc).

Bully also noted that he doesn’t believe that Hardy did anything wrong by expressing said frustration on his own podcast. The Hardy Boys have been used somewhat sparingly in AEW, with Jeff Hardy out for several months to start the year due to eye surgery.

• Dap
Reactions: jeh