Matt & Jeff Hardy Want To See More Entertainment-Based Angles in AEW. Guess Why.

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
The Hardys are completely washed. They moved to the Broken stuff now 8 years ago because Matt was completely broken down even then, and it did take Jeff a couple more years to get there, but it finally hit him, too.

They had their flowers run with TNA, then got another one with WWE, got a dream run of matches in ROH. Matt had frankly an absurd amount of TV time before Jeff came in and it was some of the worst shyt on AEW TV that whole time. Once Jeff came in, they got a PPV win over the Bucks, a match with Sting. They're absolutely in their Greg Valentine and Marty Jannetty in WCW 1998 stage of their careers and are being used just as as they should be.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
The problem with Tony Khan is.

I do not think Tony Khan knows a damn thing about the legacy of indie wrestling from 2000 till.

Part of the reason aew fails to click. Is because Tony is not familiar with the talent. To k ow how to book them as effective as they were at their best.

Khan needs to do research in what he has. As it is obvious Khan has no idea about what occurred with his characters in his roster.
Plus has no idea the indies actually have a narrative for every performer.
Case in point.

When Khan bought roh. Khan has showcased he has no idea what took place before. Which is why aew has not taken off like it should have as far as a boom. Tony has severe disconnect.

Case in point. His booking of the main event guys from roh.
is just lackluster to piss poor.
His lack of not knowing or utilizing rush to gresham to taylor and brody king has been completely disappointing.
guns has done okay with what would be his in house creations like the guns. Yet it is also undermined. When he showcases disconnect to cultural based draws. Plus a severe disconnect to the origin and narrative of his workers.

Art Barr

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
During the latest edition of The Extreme Life of Matt Hardy, AEW’s Matt Hardy addressed his and his brother Jeff's frustration with their lack of TV time and direction in AEW. Below are some highlights (via WrestlingInc.com):

Matt Hardy on how they expressed frustration with their lack of TV time in AEW: “I can say that it was 1,000% real. That was the real, genuine Matt Hardy. That was the real, authentic Jeff Hardy, speaking from the heart, speaking very honestly, speaking very truthfully.”

On how they’ve been used in AEW: “Creatively, just the way we’ve been utilized, like, the last four months, it’s been very frustrating. We’ve been very patient but there has been a lot of frustration [with] the things we’ve done and how we’ve been utilized in some ways.”

On the frustrating aspect about online wrestling fans: “At this stage of the game, myself and my brother, if we can’t be honest and open about our lives, then we might as well quit the business. One thing that is so annoying about people online sometimes [is] the way they judge wrestlers when you have a bit of notoriety and everything is public. Not everyone has their past out there. We have all our negatives out there and we own them all, we accept them all, and we really try and inspire people by telling them how it’s allowed us to grow into better people.”

Matt Hardy on his drive to improve: “If you’re not getting better, you’re getting worse. You don’t stay the same. That really hit home with me. If you’re not driven, if you become complacent and it’s just about making a payday, you’re doing yourself a disservice.”

The Hardys last wrestled on the November 29 edition of AEW Dynamite, teaming with Isiah Kassidy in a losing effort to Action Andretti and Top Flight.

• Dap

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
During the latest edition of The Extreme Life of Matt Hardy, AEW’s Matt Hardy addressed his and his brother Jeff's frustration with their lack of TV time and direction in AEW. Below are some highlights (via WrestlingInc.com):

Matt Hardy on how they expressed frustration with their lack of TV time in AEW: “I can say that it was 1,000% real. That was the real, genuine Matt Hardy. That was the real, authentic Jeff Hardy, speaking from the heart, speaking very honestly, speaking very truthfully.”

On how they’ve been used in AEW: “Creatively, just the way we’ve been utilized, like, the last four months, it’s been very frustrating. We’ve been very patient but there has been a lot of frustration [with] the things we’ve done and how we’ve been utilized in some ways.”

On the frustrating aspect about online wrestling fans:At this stage of the game, myself and my brother, if we can’t be honest and open about our lives, then we might as well quit the business. One thing that is so annoying about people online sometimes [is] the way they judge wrestlers when you have a bit of notoriety and everything is public. Not everyone has their past out there. We have all our negatives out there and we own them all, we accept them all, and we really try and inspire people by telling them how it’s allowed us to grow into better people.”

Matt Hardy on his drive to improve: “If you’re not getting better, you’re getting worse. You don’t stay the same. That really hit home with me. If you’re not driven, if you become complacent and it’s just about making a payday, you’re doing yourself a disservice.”

The Hardys last wrestled on the November 29 edition of AEW Dynamite, teaming with Isiah Kassidy in a losing effort to Action Andretti and Top Flight.
Then please do quit. I haven't heard a single person clamoring for there to be more Hardys on AEW TV.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Kassidy should shoot bytch slap Matt Hardy on national TV. Talking all that shyt about his booking when Kassidy has been involved with all of it. Ain’t no sense in “subtweeting” Kassidy like that.

• Dap

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
Nah I never wanted them
Yeah I'm with you. Their a nostalgic act now. Getting jobbed out, in tag, trios, battle royale etc..

Back when Cornette said in so many words he hated Broken Matt in Aew on his podcast, Matt literally changed his gimmick overnight. Mind you, the fans weren't booing, or clamoring for a new and improved Matt Hardy. Dude just showed up as Money Matt like wtf, and it has been downhill since. He still does the delete delete stuff in the ring and the fans like it. But he shouldn't have switched his gimmick.

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
I forgot to add, Khan wasn't a fan of Broken Matt Hardy as well. Hardy switched gimmicks, (he said because of the pandemic and fan participation) but the writing was on the wall. A guy with a cult following (cornette) whether right or wrong didn't like it, and his boss(Khan) didn't like it.

Bottom line. You go home with the guy that brought you to the dance. Doing a greatest hits of your gimmicks over the years ain't working. Matthew