Mauritanian (Africa) police accused of racism after kneeling on neck of Black man

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
In 1981, Mauritania made slavery illegal, the last country in the world to do so. Slavery has a long history in this north African desert nation. For centuries, Arabic-speaking Moors raided African villages, resulting in a rigid caste system that still exists to this day, with darker-skinned inhabitants beholden to their lighter-skinned “masters”

The unspeakable truth about slavery in Mauritania

I have no respect for these African governments who sit around and let this shyt happen

Mega

Superstar
Daps
hol up! This is new to me. Wtf they are enslaving people over there? I thought that was something they do in Libya.

Moctar was born into slavery in an Arab-Berber family, where he was forced to work alongside his mother and brother. In 2012, after several attempts, he managed to escape and met an activist from the anti-slavery movement. He tried to liberate his mother and brother, but they refused to go with him. His mother even criticised his escape and testified against him. “When I was younger, my mother told me every night that we must respect our masters, because their caste is higher than ours, and they are saints,” says Moctar

I can't even begin to fathom the pain of betrayal he felt.:mjcry:

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Moctar was born into slavery in an Arab-Berber family, where he was forced to work alongside his mother and brother. In 2012, after several attempts, he managed to escape and met an activist from the anti-slavery movement. He tried to liberate his mother and brother, but they refused to go with him. His mother even criticised his escape and testified against him. “When I was younger, my mother told me every night that we must respect our masters, because their caste is higher than ours, and they are saints,” says Moctar

I can't even begin to fathom the pain of betrayal he felt.:mjcry:
Its these people they meant when ignorant folks said "slavery was a choice"..but its obvious they are completely brainwashed on some Stockholm bullshyt.
The human mind is a terrible thing to waste :mjcry:

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel like Mauritanian has had human rights violations even worse than this in the past.

And I'm not even trying to be inflammatory, I think they still perform female circumcision there. It's an ultra conservative Muslim country.
Yep, one of the handful of places still practicing customary female genital mutilation. :no: this shyt could pop off into an actual revolution there

Ugo Ogugwa

Neega Wotsssss
Supporter
Daps
#JusticeForGeorgeFloyd

x1xoV8cj

Mauritanian police accused of racism after kneeling on neck of Black man

How the fukk does this happen IN AFRICA? :snoop: Yall betta TURN UP!

"an outcry against racism and police brutality in the majority-Black country dominated by an Arab-Berber elite."

mauritania-africa-map.jpg

BY THE WAY 2014+ members, SEE HOW A LINK TO THE STORY IS INCLUDED? STOP making HALFASS THREADS, u fakkits. :pacspit:

Police brutality and Africa be 5&6