Mauritanian (Africa) police accused of racism after kneeling on neck of Black man

Ake1725

All Star
Daps
I feel like Mauritanian has had human rights violations even worse than this in the past.

And I'm not even trying to be inflammatory, I think they still perform female circumcision there. It's an ultra conservative Muslim country.
They are a country that still enlaves black folks and have a whole ethnic group called the Haratine that are descended from them

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What do you mean "let this happen"?

The African Union could have sanctioned this country and other African nations engage in various military as well as intelligence operations to destabilize the country, arm the slaves and overthrow the government there

They have the means to stop this, but they willfully let it happen

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
The African Union could have sanctioned this country and other African nations engage in various military as well as intelligence operations to destabilize the country, arm the slaves and overthrow the government there

They have the means to stop this, but they willfully let it happen
What African country has ever sanctioned another country? Also, how would they arm the slaves? And how would this lead to the overthrowing of the government? Other than full on military occupence through war ,which I don't see any other African countires having the might or convienience to do , this seems like a problen that needs to be fixed by bigger power or inside the system.

yates

All Star
Daps
Mauritania is a typical example of the legacy of colonialism. The southern part of the country has always been tied to west african history. It was a part of the ghana empire and where you'll find ruins like dhar tichitt which was built by the Soninke people.

Completely different to the north which is berberland and yet the europeans decide to lump it all as one country :martin:

And now here we are today smh.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
whose y'all? you know mauritanian posters? :skip:

not my country. they never got rid of their slave masters so.....

#JusticeForGeorgeFloyd

x1xoV8cj

Mauritanian police accused of racism after kneeling on neck of Black man

How the fukk does this happen IN AFRICA? :snoop: Yall betta TURN UP!

"an outcry against racism and police brutality in the majority-Black country dominated by an Arab-Berber elite."

mauritania-africa-map.jpg

BY THE WAY 2014+ members, SEE HOW A LINK TO THE STORY IS INCLUDED? STOP making HALFASS THREADS, u fakkits. :pacspit:

Imyremeshaw

كن التغير الذي تريد أن تراه في العالم
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea, its fukked up situation over there, I'm uregu from Morocco which is considered berber(hate the term) and we get alot hate from Arabs, Europeans, etc...

I give alot props to African Americans cause I truly didn't understand racism (primarily in regards to skin tone) till I moved to America

To make a long story short, even though alot people Mauritania would be considered black(even upper class) they won't understand it till they go Saudi, Egypt, or Levant, which is why they have alot fukked up beliefs.....