Mayweather Owes Taxes, Asks IRS to Wait For McGregor Fight

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Using some context here, looks like Floyd is paying his taxes, but either under reporting his earnings or not able to prove the full extent of all of his claimed write-offs and the IRS is discovering this under audit and sending him a bill for the difference.

So many high earners are constantly under audit and owing the IRS something every year for trying to present themselves as broke as possible.

Owing the IRS doesn't instantly mean someone is broke, brehs. And telling the IRS you can't afford to pay them also doesn't mean you're broke. Some people just prefer to play this game negotiating settlements year after year.
Ya that's what I figured too but once getting that bill how can Floyd just not cut a check and send it?.. him saying he doesn't have the cash on hand after making all that money seems like something is off.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
If Floyd had a history of being financially sound with his money and a good businessman, I might give him the benefit of the doubt and credence to your theory.
He doesn't though, he is a idiot with his money, so I highly doubt what you are saying.
2016 taxes was just up, makes no sense he is haggling about 2015 taxes, so you know he probably is behind on the 2016 shyt.
But that article told you he has owed back taxes basically half of the last 20 years, usually settles with the IRS for less than their original claim, and then they repeat it the next year.

I'm personally not surprised he owes for 2015. He made an absurd amount of money that year, and the amount he owed in taxes would probably give us all chest pains just thinking about it. Given his history, don't see any reason to think his people did all they good to make that tax bill as small as possible but the IRS crossed their T's.

Also, you have five years to pay your back taxes. If the IRS is asking for money from 2015 it means he did pay an amount, just not what they deemed correct after audit.
Ya that's what I figured too but once getting that bill how can Floyd just not cut a check and send it?.. him saying he doesn't have the cash on hand after making all that money seems like something is off.
Because there is no incentive for paying quicker. None. At this stage you're still a long way from the IRS garnishing wages and shyt. You pay your taxes, IRS puts you under audit, you can't support some of your claims with paperwork, IRS hits you with a loan, you come back crying broke (or thr age old, my money is tied up) irs settles on an installment plan or a lesser amount. Rinse repeat. For a lot of self employed people, this is their yearly cycle of life. Bills are bills man, and no one is in a hurry to come up off cash. If there's any way to pay as little as possible, we're mostly all the same in that's exactly what we'll do. How much we make or have doesn't make a difference.

Last edited:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
But that article told you he has owed back taxes basically half of the last 20 years, usually settles with the IRS for less than their original claim, and then they repeat it the next year.

I'm personally not surprised he owes for 2015. He made an absurd amount of money that year, and the amount he owed in taxes would probably give us all chest pains just thinking about it. Given his history, don't see any reason to think his people did all they good to make that tax bill as small as possible but the IRS crossed their T's.

Also, you have five years to pay your back taxes. If the IRS is asking for money from 2015 it means he did pay an amount, just not what they deemed correct after audit.
Floyd wasn't financially secure in the years where he had leans.
Some 2007 I believe he had to come back out of retirement due to losing his 15 mil nest egg in a dumb investment (sourced in the link I posted)
Floyd had cars repossed, liens on property isn't a thing "rich people" do, thats financial problems.
Floyd has a history of money mismanagement and poor dealings with the IRS.
That he is basically saying give me time to make more money so I can pay you back, shows he has continued his monetary mismanagement.
When combined with what we know about his spending habits, business mismanagement, there is no reason to believe this is strategic.
He most likely just doesn't have the money to pay because its more than he can handle right now.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This isnt a good look no matter how anyone spins it because of what happened last time.
But it does seem like a neglict situation more than a "he doesnt have the money" situation.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
This isnt a good look no matter how anyone spins it because of what happened last time.
But it does seem like a neglict situation more than a "he doesnt have the money" situation.
Article clearly states that he doesn't have the money but will after the fight :ld:

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Article clearly states that he doesn't have the money but will after the fight :ld:
Those arent floyds words.,the article says he has money in other accounts so they dont want to give him any delays. we are in 2017, meaning the money was due a while ago. coulda been paid in 2016, which makes me think its neglect. we shall see. a bad look regardless

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
yall making this out to be worse than it actually is...

The article states he doesn't have cash on hand because its all tied up in investments...

He will have cash on hand after the circus show he's putting on August 26th...

Yes you shouldn't fukk around with the IRS because they always win but its not like dude is broke which is what some people are trying to spin this into...

Anyways this is ammo for the mick and you can bet your left nut he won't stop mentioning it...