MAYWEATHER V ALVAREZ - WHO WINS?

Who will win the fight between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Canelo Alvarez?

• Mayweather

Votes: 79 95.2%
  • Alvarez

Votes: 4 4.8%

• Total voters

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
Pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather will face junior middleweight champ Saul Alvarez on Sept. 14 at MGM Grand in Las Vegas on Showtime Pay Per View. Who are YOU picking to win and why? Have @ it COLI brethren.

FYI- I have Mayweather winning via wide points unanimous decision based on his speed, ring intellect, and conditioning. Imo, Alvarez is not ready for this fight considering his level of opposition, experience, and conditioning, as he tired late against Trout and barely eeked out a close points decision.

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
Right now...I'm picking Floyd by close decision.

I'd like to see the odds going into the fight though.

Things to consider if you're picking Mayweather:

• This would be the 1st time since 2003 that Floyd's fought twice in the span of 4 months.
  • Floyd is 36 years old
  • Floyd did injure his right hand during the Guerrero fight. Though not broken, it's something to keep an eye on.
  • Come fight night, Canelo could be the biggest fighter Floyd's ever faced and Floyd has shown he does much better at 147 than 154lbs.

Things to consider if you're picking Canelo:

• Is very young / lacks experience against elite competition
  • Tends to gas a little towards the end
  • Hasn't dealt with Mayweather's type of speed / in ring intelligence
  • Can be too flatfooted at times

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
Interesting Odds for far

Mayweather -225
Canelo +175

Some others have it

Mayweather -350
Canelo +245

:wtf: Closest I've seen odds in a Mayweather fight in quite a while. He's usually an easy 5 or 6 /1 favorite from jump.

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
Right now...I'm picking Floyd by close decision.

I'd like to see the odds going into the fight though.

Things to consider if you're picking Mayweather:

• This would be the 1st time since 2003 that Floyd's fought twice in the span of 4 months.
  • Floyd is 36 years old
  • Floyd did injure his right hand during the Guerrero fight. Though not broken, it's something to keep an eye on.
  • Come fight night, Canelo could be the biggest fighter Floyd's ever faced and Floyd has shown he does much better at 147 than 154lbs.

Things to consider if you're picking Canelo:

• Is very young / lacks experience against elite competition
  • Tends to gas a little towards the end
  • Hasn't dealt with Mayweather's type of speed / in ring intelligence
  • Can be too flatfooted at times

I wholeheartedly agree with everything you said. But nothing you said about Floyd has affected him yet. And thats why I dont find this fight that competitive at all. Guerrero has a better resume than Canelo. And we all saw how that ended :huhldup: