Mayweather vs Alvarez looking promising for September

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
At what weight? Despite Floyd having a belt at 154, he's never really looked good there to me.

I just have trouble believing this fight is going to happen especially since Canelo can't make 147....Didn't Canelo come in at 172 when he fought Trout? I dunno, I know Floyd spars middleweights but and still think Floyd would win but if it's at 154 I see him just boxing his way to a 12 round decision and getting on his bike because there's no way he's going to be able to hurt a guy coming in 20+ pounds more than him.

Wassup with Floyd's right hand? I know he has to get a 2nd opinion, have they given any updates about it yet?

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Honestly I'd prefer the proposed Canelo/Cotto match because it would be guaranteed to be far more entertaining a fight than Canelo/Floyd.

Suiken

What time it is?
Daps
Reppin
PH
Honestly I'd prefer the proposed Canelo/Cotto match because it would be guaranteed to be far more entertaining a fight than Canelo/Floyd.

But Floyd is a bigger name than Cotto and will produce much more PPV sales.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
But Floyd is a bigger name than Cotto and will produce much more PPV sales.

Possibly but I would not underestimate the fervor that can come from a fight between the top Puerto Rican fighter against the current hottest Mexican fighter. That cultural rivalry can fuel a lot of PPV buys too.
And even if Canelo/Cotto didn't reach the same amount of buys as Canelo/Floyd it would still be a huge selling PPV.
As a viewer though I could give a damn about who generates more PPV buys, I am only interested in which fight would be more entertaining.

villain

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
berlin
this is gonna be a good fight

canelo 22 years old, fast, strong, and much bigger than floyd :whew:

Nintendough

#Kliq
Daps
Reppin
Eagles, Canes, Kliq, Sixers
Possibly but I would not underestimate the fervor that can come from a fight between the top Puerto Rican fighter against the current hottest Mexican fighter. That cultural rivalry can fuel a lot of PPV buys too.
And even if Canelo/Cotto didn't reach the same amount of buys as Canelo/Floyd it would still be a huge selling PPV.
As a viewer though I could give a damn about who generates more PPV buys, I am only interested in which fight would be more entertaining.

This. It would do numbers just off of the cultural rivalry alone.

Still i'm excited about Money May v. Canelo. I expect this to be a competitive fight, which would be very refreshing compared to the last fight.