Mayweather vs Alvarez looking promising for September

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Canelo has the mexican fanbase. Him losing to floyd now won't hurt his career.

It may not but I would still think they would want him to keep that 0 as long as he could. But it's just not about losing, Mayweather may ruin him.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
if Showtime wants to keeps losing $$$ by putting on handpicked lower tier opposition then thats on them. LOL Amir Khan that shyt wont last more than 5 rounds. :dead:

If that Guerrero fight does like 1.4 million buys, I think Showtime will be happy no matter who Floyd fights if he can produce that number.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if Showtime wants to keeps losing $$$ by putting on handpicked lower tier opposition then thats on them. LOL Amir Khan that shyt wont last more than 5 rounds. :dead:
Do you make money off show time ?? :mindblown:
the mosley one is my personal favourite
ppl said he was scared to death of him
second da fight was over, mosley was old washed up bum

Yea when Canelo loses the hes too young argument will be out in full force . Plus long as he bounces back Saul will be fine . He has to fight Floyd and not risk that Canelo gets picked off maybe by cotto

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
:wtb:

Floyd will put a clinical whooping on Alvarez. Alvarez has not fought a skilled fighter yet.

Austin Trout was not a skilled fighter?:really:

He's not Floyd skill level, but he's not Robert Guerrero/Victor Ortiz either

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Can all the Floyd haters put it in writing here in the Coli that Canelo IS in his prime. We wouldnt want anyone to have an out after this whipping.

Canelo is NOT in his prime:ufdup:

When's the last time ANY athlete was in their prime at 22 years old? Canelo will be in his physical/mental prime at around 25-26 years old which is why Floyd must fight him now. Canelo is only gonna get better and better while Floyd is gonna get older and older.

tnprince1005

Rookie
Daps
nikka i said SOMETIMES Not all the time:rudy:

check amir khan
if you want to go bernard hopkins era, check roy jones.

Okay right, thanks for confirming Floyds a cherrypicker. Since they are talking about fighting Khan (that Peterson fight was a robbery BTW) .

It sure makes that Carlos Baldomir fight (who already had 8 f*** losses) look like supreme trash does it? And Floyd actually fought him! LOL

:lolbron:

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Okay right, thanks for confirming Floyds a cherrypicker. Since they are talking about fighting Khan (that Peterson fight was a robbery BTW) .

It sure makes that Carlos Baldomir fight (who already had 8 f*** losses) look like supreme trash does it? And Floyd actually fought him! LOL

:lolbron:

Floyd is not a cherry picker
And even if u thought he was, it has nothin to do with what im sayin
Get off his dikk

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
If this fight happened at 154 Floyd would be in trouble, Canelo will come into the ring at 170. If this fight happens its gotta be at 147, and I don't know if Canelo's willing to do that.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Canelo is NOT in his prime:ufdup:

When's the last time ANY athlete was in their prime at 22 years old? Canelo will be in his physical/mental prime at around 25-26 years old which is why Floyd must fight him now. Canelo is only gonna get better and better while Floyd is gonna get older and older.

Boxers have different primes
I mean tyson's prime was like 21-22

Fernado vargas had a very early prime and retired before he hit 30
We wont really know if hes gonna get better or not at this point. All we know is that hes a very solid fighter.

He could take a L from floyd and be a different fighter afterwards, who knows. A lot of fighters dont recover from losses well

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang
No one will beat this guy in a pure boxing match especially smaller fighters :bryan:

If this happens, Canelo's 0 is going to go.

The guy who can beat mayweather has to be bigger probably the natural size of a light middleweight (Like De La Hoya's size) and aggressive (Like Ricky Hatton was). That is the blueprint on how to beat Mayweather.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
If that Guerrero fight does like 1.4 million buys, I think Showtime will be happy no matter who Floyd fights if he can produce that number.

Dan Rafael says that they've barely tipped 1 mil. Sounds like showtime about to lose some money and if that's the case then they have no choice but to push this fight for a September/October date.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Boxers have different primes
I mean tyson's prime was like 21-22

Fernado vargas had a very early prime and retired before he hit 30
We wont really know if hes gonna get better or not at this point. All we know is that hes a very solid fighter.

He could take a L from floyd and be a different fighter afterwards, who knows. A lot of fighters dont recover from losses well

Actually, we never seen much of prime Mike Tyson.......he was incarcerated:to:

Mike's last fight was 2 days before his 25th birthday......and he didnt fight again until about 2 months AFTER his 29th birthday (8-19-1995).

I would say that the normal male athlete's prime is between 23-26 years old. That's when their mental and athleticism both hits their peak at the same time on average.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
No one will beat this guy in a pure boxing match especially smaller fighters :bryan:

If this happens, Canelo's 0 is going to go.

The guy who can beat mayweather has to be bigger probably the natural size of a light middleweight (Like De La Hoya's size) and aggressive (Like Ricky Hatton was). That is the blueprint on how to beat Mayweather.

Also.....you must have a jab, decent head movement, fast hands, and be willing to throw more then 1 punch at a time.

People use Jose Luis Castillo/Oscar De La Hoya/Miguel Cotto as the the blueprint to beating Floyd, but the ONLY fight Floyd Mayweather was still losing after 4 rounds was the fight against Zab Judah.....after 4 rounds, Zab Judah was up 3-1:mjpls: