Mayweather vs Guerrero set to break 2.4M Buys?

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
be some shyt he fights martinez, canelo, khan & ward

and beats their ass like guerrero what will that say bout him then

The Same They're Saying Now. He's The Best. Just Wanna See Him Fight The Top Talent (even tho i believe he would whoop them all)

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
I think that will speed the clock on Canelo and possibly Pacquiao too.

Nope, Floyd money is guaranteed regardless if his matches do a million or 800,000 thats still probably add another 15-20 to his already substantial guarantees.

Showtime has got the short end of the stick on this on, Floyd aint even care about promoting the Guerrero match, announce the fight like 2 months before fight time, no antics, no Money May, he made Guerrero do pressers by himself. Showtime has to adjust because Floyd already has his cake, he aint about to go out of his way to sale anything, he seems as if he is only focused about fighting

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
I can't believe even 100k people stupid enough to pay for these beat down matches just to make Floyd look good

And only a hardcore boxing nut would know anyone else on the card

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
The Same They're Saying Now. He's The Best. Just Wanna See Him Fight The Top Talent (even tho i believe he would whoop them all)

i agree with u 100% not gonna say he ducking him i want him too fight all these more challenging dudes to make everybody to STFU.

even if he loses the point is he TRIED he has the opportunity now to rewrite and fix his legacy even better

granted i though he would be guerrero but not too that extent even alot of people thought he would give him a really hard time or beat floyd

but if he picks the right fight from here on out he can end up GOAT like he claims too be

i honestly hope his last fight be with like martinez or ward something really hard dont do the roy jones way and go up and then down cuz when roy did that HE WASNT THE SAME it was like he couldnt recover from gaining all that weight and shyt and went down he was a shell of himself

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
QUOTE=iceberg_is_on_fire;4128615]I think that will speed the clock on Canelo and possibly Pacquiao too.[/QUOTE]
It all depends on the wording of the contract...

If showtime has no leverage contractually then they can't force Floyd to fight anybody...

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Nope, Floyd money is guaranteed regardless if his matches do a million or 800,000 thats still probably add another 15-20 to his already substantial guarantees.

Showtime has got the short end of the stick on this on, Floyd aint even care about promoting the Guerrero match, announce the fight like 2 months before fight time, no antics, no Money May, he made Guerrero do pressers by himself. Showtime has to adjust because Floyd already has his cake, he aint about to go out of his way to sale anything, he seems as if he is only focused about fighting

I know, but it's making me wonder some of the particulars of the deal like if there are thresholds to surpass. If not, then Floyd will be content to outbox people at 140-147. If there are contingency plans, then maybe not. However, having Floyd come to the network, Showtime may be willing to take the L just to get more exposure. I really don't know outside of the fact that Floyd is winning.

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold
Yeah I would be shocked if this fight did over a mil because Robert Guerrero is a nobody to the general public. Another thing is a lot of people look at Showtime still as being 2nd rate when it comes to boxing. Look at the ratings for Floyd's HBO buildup vs Showtime's they don't have the drawing power that a HBO provides right now.

Pacquaio vs Mosley on Showtime didn't do as good as expected when it came to PPV buys as well.

nomoreneveragain

Superstar
Daps
Khan and than get that Manny fight in start of 14, probably get a rematch with Manny.

Thats 4 fights out of 6.

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold
I didn't even see Floyd going out of his way to hype this shyt up honestly. No one around my way was even hyping this fight up until the week of. I had to do my best to tell casual fans who the fukk Guerrero even was they thought I was talking about tortillas and shyt. :ehh:

BayArea Breez

GOAT Defensive Raider
Daps
Mayweather-Guerrero PPV numbers look bad, says Rafael

By Allan Fox: Last Saturday night’s pay per view bout between Floyd Mayweather Jr. (44-0, 26 KO’s) and Robert “The Ghost” Guerrero (31-2-1, 18 KO’s) on Showtime at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada, are said to have been really bad, according to Dan Rafael of ESPN.

He’s reporting that the PPV numbers are under 1 million buys. This means that Showtime lost a lot of money on this PPV card, says Rafael. The card needed to bring in between 1.1 to 1.2 million buys to break even.

It won’t be surprising if this does turn out to be the case because Mayweather made a big mistake of choosing to defend his WBC welterweight title against the little known Guerrero instead of just vacating the title and looking to take on the most popular fighter that he could find to pump up his PPV totals.

Mayweather could have helped himself in a big way if he had agreed to fight WBC junior middleweight champion Saul “Canelo” Alvarez in September because then Canelo would have stayed on his undercard, and that would have likely resulted in another 300 thousand or more PPV buys. Not having Canelo on the undercard really hurt Mayweather.

Having the WBC title is like a heavy anchor for Mayweather because he’s forced to fight his non-popular mandatory challengers like Guerrero, and no one outside of the hardcore boxing fans know who these guys are.

Asking boxing fans to pay between $60 to $70 to watch Mayweather dominate a 7-1 underdog like Guerrero is like PPV repellent, and it’s too bad Mayweather and Showtime didn’t get a clue a long time ago this wasn’t a PPV worthy fight.

Mayweather is going to have to be a little more careful in his selection of opponents from here on out if he wants to get his PPV numbers back up. If having the WBC strap is going to force him to fight more guys like Guerrero, then he’s going to need to dump the strap because it’ll force him to finish his career with some truly awful fights.

Look at who Mayweather’s new #1 challenger – Luis Carlos Abregu. If Mayweather ends up fighting Abregu, I predict the fight won’t even draw 600,000 PPV buys. If the WBC is going to force Mayweather to fight these guys then he needs to vacate.

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold
Mayweather-Guerrero PPV numbers look bad, says Rafael

By Allan Fox: Last Saturday night’s pay per view bout between Floyd Mayweather Jr. (44-0, 26 KO’s) and Robert “The Ghost” Guerrero (31-2-1, 18 KO’s) on Showtime at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada, are said to have been really bad, according to Dan Rafael of ESPN.

He’s reporting that the PPV numbers are under 1 million buys. This means that Showtime lost a lot of money on this PPV card, says Rafael. The card needed to bring in between 1.1 to 1.2 million buys to break even.

It won’t be surprising if this does turn out to be the case because Mayweather made a big mistake of choosing to defend his WBC welterweight title against the little known Guerrero instead of just vacating the title and looking to take on the most popular fighter that he could find to pump up his PPV totals.

Mayweather could have helped himself in a big way if he had agreed to fight WBC junior middleweight champion Saul “Canelo” Alvarez in September because then Canelo would have stayed on his undercard, and that would have likely resulted in another 300 thousand or more PPV buys. Not having Canelo on the undercard really hurt Mayweather.

Having the WBC title is like a heavy anchor for Mayweather because he’s forced to fight his non-popular mandatory challengers like Guerrero, and no one outside of the hardcore boxing fans know who these guys are.

Asking boxing fans to pay between $60 to $70 to watch Mayweather dominate a 7-1 underdog like Guerrero is like PPV repellent, and it’s too bad Mayweather and Showtime didn’t get a clue a long time ago this wasn’t a PPV worthy fight.

Mayweather is going to have to be a little more careful in his selection of opponents from here on out if he wants to get his PPV numbers back up. If having the WBC strap is going to force him to fight more guys like Guerrero, then he’s going to need to dump the strap because it’ll force him to finish his career with some truly awful fights.

Look at who Mayweather’s new #1 challenger – Luis Carlos Abregu. If Mayweather ends up fighting Abregu, I predict the fight won’t even draw 600,000 PPV buys. If the WBC is going to force Mayweather to fight these guys then he needs to vacate.

Not having Canelo vs Trout killed this card too. Canelo and Floyd won because Floyd is paid regardless and Canelo was able to headline his own card and draw over 40k to the Alamodome and a big rating for Showtime.

Kobes Two Jerseys

8 or 24 best player of the era
Daps
Reppin
Fistful of jewels
That's what he's going to do. Beat on these nikkas like pinatas. Whomever steps into the ring with him, he's going to be made to look ordinary.

Floyd beat on Ward??? Floyd would never have the balls to even mention him as an opponent any more. Andre would destroy him, especially after their little song and dance weeks ago.

So-Chi

Colfax to the burbs'
Daps
Reppin
goons in the cut tryna talk you out yo necklace
QUOTE=iceberg_is_on_fire;4128615]I think that will speed the clock on Canelo and possibly Pacquiao too.
It all depends on the wording of the contract...

If showtime has no leverage contractually then they can't force Floyd to fight anybody...[/QUOTE]

Yeah but if Floyd wants the upswing and millions that come with back end of high selling fights, he's going to HAVE to fight more popular fighters. Canelo, Khan need to be in the mix for next few fights.

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold
Floyd beat on Ward??? Floyd would never have the balls to even mention him as an opponent any more. Andre would destroy him, especially after their little song and dance weeks ago.

Ward is 20 pounds above Floyd why anyone would even mention that fight :mindblown: my mind. I see that fight mentioned on other forums too it will never happen.