MBDTF or TPAB: Which album is better?

Which of these two albums is better?

• Total voters

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
There's more highlights on TPAB, more creative songwriting and concepts, the mixing is perfect and the sound quality isn't trash nor does it suffer from overproduction (All of The Lights, Lost In The World :scust:)

Tho Dark Fantasy has some monster features (Rozay :ohlawd:, Pusha T, Cyhi), Kendrick pretty much held the album up on his own. Ye wasn't even the best part of the best songs on there.

Piffery

All Star
Daps
There's more highlights on TPAB, more creative songwriting and concepts, the mixing is perfect and the sound quality isn't trash nor does it suffer from overproduction (All of The Lights, Lost In The World :scust:)

Tho Dark Fantasy has some monster features (Rozay :ohlawd:, Pusha T, Cyhi), Kendrick pretty much held the album up on his own. Ye wasn't even the best part of the best songs on there.
Except Ye had an amazing fukking verse on Devils, the best verse on Monster, and the best verse on So Appalled, it's his fukking album as well.
I don't know what makes Lost In The Works overproduced, the tribal drums on the outro are epic, the resung sample from Bon Iver is a beautiful flip of a melancholic song turning into a celebration of life/the dualities of it posed in Kanye's spectacular verse, breaking out of the schizophrenic slew of emotions/pain of the album proper.

And sure All of The Lights is a gaudy track, but the entire album is designed to be gaudy, it's a boisterous track coming in from a beautiful interlude, and it's title is meant to reflect that.

The production is immaculate, the banging drums, the fade out from Fergies verse into the deep voice singing, the light spacious keys bridging that part and the end together, and the fade out with the vocoder singing, which goes into Monster where the monster shoots out All of The Lights and Kanye's ego shoots to the forefront in contrast with his repentance on All of The Lights.

I'm not sure what makes the songwriting more creative on TPAB either.

Could you explain?

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
That's my favorite song on the album. You're trippin.
Doesn't make the song any better :scust:

Put it this way, MBDTF wouldn't have lost any of its praise with the exemption of Lost In The World on the tracklist. :yeshrug:

Now imagine MBDTF without Devil In A New Dress or So Appalled. :ld:

B-Mint94

Banned
Daps

Put it this way, MBDTF wouldn't have lost any of its praise with the exemption of Lost In The World on the tracklist. :yeshrug:

Ok. You have a point there.

Piffery

All Star
Daps

What the hell are you talking about?
Actually Lost In The World is hailed among the vast majority of his fanbase (as in not Thecoli) and is massively critically acclaimed, without that track the album would almost certainly not be considered one of the greatest albums of all time, it's an immaculate closer.

I love So Appalled, but I could imagine the album without it, can't imagine the album without Lost In The World.

MostHatedBox

Boxstate's own
Supporter
Daps
What the hell are you talking about?
Actually Lost In The World is hailed among the vast majority of his fanbase (as in not Thecoli) and is massively critically acclaimed, without that track the album would almost certainly not be considered one of the greatest albums of all time, it's an immaculate closer.

I love So Appalled, but I could imagine the album without it, can't imagine the album without Lost In The World.

Really? :patrice: Lost in The World is the only must skip song.

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Except Ye had an amazing fukking verse on Devils, the best verse on Monster, and the best verse on So Appalled, it's his fukking album as well.
I don't know what makes Lost In The Works overproduced, the tribal drums on the outro are epic, the resung sample from Bon Iver is a beautiful flip of a melancholic song turning into a celebration of life/the dualities of it posed in Kanye's spectacular verse, breaking out of the schizophrenic slew of emotions/pain of the album proper.

And sure All of The Lights is a gaudy track, but the entire album is designed to be gaudy, it's a boisterous track coming in from a beautiful interlude, and it's title is meant to reflect that.

The production is immaculate, the banging drums, the fade out from Fergies verse into the deep voice singing, the light spacious keys bridging that part and the end together, and the fade out with the vocoder singing, which goes into Monster where the monster shoots out All of The Lights and Kanye's ego shoots to the forefront in contrast with his repentance on All of The Lights.

I'm not sure what makes the songwriting more creative on TPAB either.

Could you explain?
That's great n all breh but do you have an explanation for why the mixing and mastering is trash on a lot of these songs? :dame:

There's parts where this gaudy instrumentation is overpowering Ye's vocals and the sound quality is all fukked up.

As far as Kendrick's songwriting being more creative, he's a better storytelling than Kanye. He experiments with more flows and rhyme patterns. Even a single like These Walls is a more metaphorically layered concept record than most stuff you'll get out of Kanye on Dark Fantasy.

You's a goddamn lie :skip:

Piffery

All Star
Daps
Really? :patrice: Lost in The World is the only must skip song.
Yes, you're just stuck in thecoli echo chamber, deep inside of it, like with anything involving Kanye.
That track is considered to be one of the greatest of all time, it gets insane praise regularly, and the person I was replying to is insane for making that statement, because it shows a complete lack of understanding of the album he's criticizing.
Which doesn't mean he needs to like it, but not recognizing it's place in the project :dahell: